Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunnybank Glasnevin

Options
  • 13-06-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

What has the Sunnybank pub\hotel in Glasnevin been converted to?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Council family hub I believe. Same as the Bram Stoker in Clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

L1011 wrote: »
    Council family hub I believe. Same as the Bram Stoker in Clontarf

Correct. Worked on it last year. Looked to be very nice and hopefully helps a few families get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,853 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Be a very nice location for anyone to be based, great transport links to the city, shops/phibsboro close by, botanics and Tolka House / Gravediggers down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Strumms wrote: »
    Be a very nice location for anyone to be based, great transport links to the city, shops/phibsboro close by, botanics and Tolka House / Gravediggers down the road.

They're building homes in the area, not sure what price range they're in though. There's a few council flats\houses on the edges, but it's mostly middle class period homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Seanachai wrote: »
    They're building homes in the area, not sure what price range they're in though. There's a few council flats\houses on the edges, but it's mostly middle class period homes.

If you mean the old smurfit site across the road from the sunnybank the houses built there are going for between 800,000 - 1,000,000 depending on size. There are more apartments / houses due to go in there but I think they are still waiting on permission from the adjusted plans.

• Advertisement

Do you mean Daneswell ? Looks like a seriously nice development, I think I read something like around 800,000 - 1,250000 depending on the house. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Do you mean Daneswell ? Looks like a seriously nice development, I think I read something like around 800,000 - 1,250000 depending on the house. :pac:

Man alive, if I had that money to spend I'd be buying one of the old red-bricks around the corner, I know some people love that style, it's not for me though. I hope the new owners are into cycling, because they'll be a while pulling out there in the mornings some days.

Man alive, if I had that money to spend I'd be buying one of the old red-bricks around the corner, I know some people love that style, it's not for me though. I hope the new owners are into cycling, because they'll be a while pulling out there in the mornings some days.

That’s one drawback I can see, whether traveling north or south, trying to get onto Botanic Road during rush hour is a cert to be an absolute nightmare. It’s difficult enough for existing traffic around there to make much progress so I’d imagine not many cars would look to give way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s one drawback I can see, whether traveling north or south, trying to get onto Botanic Road during rush hour is a cert to be an absolute nightmare. It’s difficult enough for existing traffic around there to make much progress so I’d imagine not many cars would look to give way.

There's a yellow box there and id say they will get a dedicated traffic light set up like the Norabrook Development on Howth Road recently. Added to the fact that theres only 19 houses in Phase 1, and less in Phase 2 but as pointed out above, the Apartment Development currently in for increased height.

Advertisement