Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Detroit: Become Human

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

wench wrote: »

These 2 are utterly clueless.
    The bus in the first 10 minutes of the game is obviously a big red Rosa Parks flag & the "march" is about as subtle as a punch in the face.

A good writer would make these things not so blatantly obvious, the title screen AI is so awkward I find she is more David Cage than the man himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Treated myself to a PS4 pro during the prime sale in July in anticipation for Death Stranding.

Once I setup the console, I got some kinda temporary/ discounted PSN membership and downloaded this game for free. I'd say I'm about 60-70% complete, myself and the missus playing through it. She will reluctantly play split screen Halo the odd time, not a gamer at all - but she love this!

It's alot of fun. The character development, music and gameplay are really polished. The story is a little B movie alright, but it's a game about futuristic robot assistants, so not sure what some people were expecting.

I recommend that people download the demo, it's one of the stronger missions (so far) and really well put together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GrumPy wrote: »
    Treated myself to a PS4 pro during the prime sale in July in anticipation for Death Stranding.

Once I setup the console, I got some kinda temporary/ discounted PSN membership and downloaded this game for free. I'd say I'm about 60-70% complete, myself and the missus playing through it. She will reluctantly play split screen Halo the odd time, not a gamer at all - but she love this!

It's alot of fun. The character development, music and gameplay are really polished. The story is a little B movie alright, but it's a game about futuristic robot assistants, so not sure what some people were expecting.

I recommend that people download the demo, it's one of the stronger missions (so far) and really well put together!

Just a warning, you'll lose access to the game once your free trial of PS+ is over. To get access to the game again, you'll have to re-sub to PS+ (all access to any games given for free on PS+ is dependent on an active PS+ membership). You can re-sub even just for one month if you're not interested in a full subscription.

Just might want to check when your trial expires and at least make sure to finish the game before then. Don't want to be on the last chapter and then the game locks on you :D

Glad you're enjoying the game. Finished it myself a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,569 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Enjoyed this quite a bit. Agree the wokeness is fairly overbearing. Didn't mind the QTE generally, but for the love of God, stick to button input. I think I was late everytime it prompted for me to move the controller, which pretty much directly lead to a few character deaths. Frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I still haven't recovered from the fact I had the bad Kara ending, actually had about 6 of them all bad because of a choice I made near the end. Really annoyed by how annoyed I still am.
    Great game will play again just so I can get a good Kara ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I want to do a replay of this since I have it through PS Plus

When I first played I obviously made the choices I naturally would make

Gonna be hard on a replay to make choices I wouldn't have made before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I want to do a replay of this since I have it through PS Plus

When I first played I obviously made the choices I naturally would make

Gonna be hard on a replay to make choices I wouldn't have made before

I did a ghandi style peaceful play through first time out, appeasing everyone trying to be as nice as possible.

Next play through ima **** **** up.

yeah I think that's the problem with these games, it's like the ones that give you a choice of being good or evil. I'm sure people do play through both sides but if you're evil, simply embrace it

I didn't always play "good", I just sort of either did what I would do and what I would have wanted the character to do if it was a movie or whatever

At least the choices actually branch off and matter, unlike say the Telltale games where everyone quickly ends up where they're supposed to

• Advertisement

Finished this yesterday, really enjoyed it.
    Everyone died haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,906 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, for a thread I created in 2018, I finally decide to give this a proper go after just completing 3 or 4 chapters previously and I ****ing love it.

Just finished Stormy Knight with Kara and I'm all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So, for a thread I created in 2018, I finally decide to give this a proper go after just completing 3 or 4 chapters previously and I ****ing love it.

Been meaning to play this myself. Have it sitting there on the shelf.

Would it be the best of David cage's games for far?

Been meaning to play this myself. Have it sitting there on the shelf.

Would it be the best of David cage's games for far?

It’s a good bit better than Heavy Rain anyway which is all of his I’ve played, plus I love the way in Detroit after each chapter it shows a character tree of the choices made and what % of people took that choice which is class

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I hate games like this except this. This is wonderful although my favourite characters got a bad ending which gutted me for weeks.
    Until Dawn which is similar in terms of being story driven is also a favourite of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I played through it twice and it was wildy different each time , absolutely loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I keep meaning to go back and have a murder bot play through after the pacifist ending last time. All my guys got home alive so would be fun to see how much carnage you can get away with.

A bit late to the party here but just finished it tonight, what an amazing game. It's crazy how different the story could have been if I just decided to do things slightly differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

A bit late to the party here but just finished it tonight, what an amazing game. It's crazy how different the story could have been if I just decided to do things slightly differently.

Ya was unreal 10/10 for me . Don't know will I play it through again maybe in future .

brady12 wrote: »
    Ya was unreal 10/10 for me . Don't know will I play it through again maybe in future .

Yeah I'll leave it a few months maybe.

Advertisement