Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainwater - Map of Ireland

Options
  • 19-01-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I thought you "weatherheads" could help with a query.

I'm looking for a way to calculate theoretical annual rainfall in particular areas of the country. I have used an online map application in the past where you selected an area and it gave an annual rainfall for that selection based on historical data... Unfortunately I can't for the life of me find that website.

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Could you have a login on AIRO??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Could you have a login on AIRO??

No, thats not the site... Thanks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I think this site did something along those lines but seems to be down the last while.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Do you mean something like this but more detailed?

climate_rainfallmap.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Do you mean something like this but more detailed?

climate_rainfallmap.gif

Ya, much more detailed. You were able to select 4 points and it would return a value with expected rainfall for that particular square-footage. It would be useful to me in my current job as we are attempting to secure funding for a rainwater harvesting system and I would like a rough estimate on expected water volumes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Ya, much more detailed. You were able to select 4 points and it would return a value with expected rainfall for that particular square-footage. It would be useful to me in my current job as we are attempting to secure funding for a rainwater harvesting system and I would like a rough estimate on expected water volumes...

The link I gave earlier was an old one and obviously broken.

Not sure if it is something like this you are looking for?

189129.PNG

http://kunden.dwd.de/GPCC/Visualizer.

You can toggle between monthly, seasonal and yearly rainfall for areas within a grid scale of your own choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

I have developed a system for accurately estimating the rainfall for any location in the country. It uses all the available long term data and adjusts for elevation. PM your location of interest and I should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

What area of the country are you interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Freedom64

Go to http://www.uksuds.com/greenfieldrunoff_js.htm web page and enter your address. give a fictitional area in Hectares and continue. You will get a value for SAAR or AAR which is the Annual Rainfall value for the area in question. normally we use a value of 10% for future climate change. The Irish SuDS website will direct you here also. and this is the most accurate method for getting rainfall data on the web at present. Hope this will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Can I just say that I am constantly blown away by you guys and your kindness in helping anybody who has any kind of a need for help or question. As they might say on MT's side of the pond "you really are awesome".

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement