Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin 10k

Options
  • 03-06-2019 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thinking of doing this as have heard it’s a possible Pb route ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks
    BS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thinking of doing this as have heard it’s a possible Pb route ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks
    BS

It’s sold out I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Its a great race, but save something for the second 5k as it's a bit more hilly.

I don't think its a pb course, but its a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

Don't forget the crazy amount of food available in the hall afterwards, I'm running with a friend of mine from Dublin & suspect the only reason he enters is for the grub :)

It is indeed sold out btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I'd like to see the times if you ran the loop the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Good job I’m a serial signer upper ( I waste a lot of money signing up to races I never do ! Things sound great in the future but the closer I get the less pleasant it seems !! )

Are there any substantial hills? One last question is it a chipped start now ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Good job I’m a serial signer upper ( I waste a lot of money signing up to races I never do ! Things sound great in the future but the closer I get the less pleasant it seems !! )

Thanks

No hills, first 5k is as flat as you will get. From 6kish to last 1.5km there’s a few “drags”, not hills but they come at the wrong time and can sap the legs & pace a bit. As long as you haven’t blown your gasket in the first half they should be very manageable.

Edit: Not sure regarding the start.

Thanks

Not a chipped start as far as I remember but I could be wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Thanks
    Start is chip timed (nearly all races have timing mat at the start these days), fwiw I got a pb here last year, went out conservatively knowing the drags in the 2nd half and I was able to cruise up them). I think the depth of the field in this race helps - there always seems to be a big group at whatever your pace is which brings you along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Number and t-shirt arrived in the post today. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

I have a M shirt for this looking to swap for a S if anyone has one!
    Looking forward to it and thanks for the warning about the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Arnold54321

By any chance does anyone have an entry going and can’t make it? I’d gladly pay to take it off your hands.

Does anyone know If there are pacers?

Does anyone know If there are pacers?

I don't remember seeing any in the past. Best bet is to drop them an email to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭fletch

I heard there will be pacers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

fletch wrote: »
    I heard there will be pacers

I've had it confirmed. I'm awaiting to hear for what times.

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I've had it confirmed. I'm awaiting to hear for what times.

I'm told pacers are for 50, 55 and 60 minutes

I'm told pacers are for 50, 55 and 60 minutes

What to do !!

What to do !!

There's only one there with your name on it!

What to do !!

What are you aiming for? I'm aiming for sub 54 so don't think pacers will work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The email they sent today said "If you are targeting a 40, 50 or 60-minute finish times, please position yourself accordingly at the start"

Not sure if it means there are or not.

Just read the response above.

• Advertisement

I have been hitting 60min 10km in training the last 2 weeks or so and had a week off last week due to work commitments.
    Should I aim for 55 min pacer or is that too much and stick with 60?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lost4Life

Hi!

If anyone hears of any spare entries/withdrawals, I’ll gladly take it off your hands - and pay for it of course.

Thanks a million

Good luck to all competing!

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I have been hitting 60min 10km in training the last 2 weeks or so and had a week off last week due to work commitments.
    Should I aim for 55 min pacer or is that too much and stick with 60?

If your training pace gets you covering 10k in 60 minutes surely 55 would be handy to aim for? Or do you push as hard as you can while training?

Great race - I’m biased now though !

Kind of followed the sub 50 pacers - started a bit behind them and kept them at same distance ahead for entire race . Kindly took water bottles of us at end so we could sprint over the final 300 m.

Thanks pacer guys !

Really enjoyed this one although I didn't get a PB as I calculated my required pace wrong. Still I wasn't far off. Loved running in the country air. Perfect running weather, lovely route, great crowd supporting. Two Olympians running and a selection of sandwiches and cake afterwards that was phenomenal. Will run again next year I hope. Won't be running anywhere today though!

This race is an absolute credit to all involved. From the road signs through the town directing everyone to the race HQ, stewarts at every corner, ample parking, great support, getting two very busy roads closed to traffic, refreshments, atmosphere, the biggest spread that I have ever seen after a race and a great field of runners. This one has everything. Even at my most nit pickiest I could not find even one thing that wasn't done to perfection. The club, and the amazing local support they garner, should be very proud.

You can take your Irish Runnner races, Race Series 10k, Rock'n'Bling races and stick them....if there is one 10k race to put on your bucket list, this is it!

Really enjoyed this too. Got under 60 mins which was my aim. The "hill" around the 6/7km mark mentally killed me.

This race is an absolute credit to all involved. From the road signs through the town directing everyone to the race HQ, stewarts at every corner, ample parking, great support, getting two very busy roads closed to traffic, refreshments, atmosphere, the biggest spread that I have ever seen after a race and a great field of runners. This one has everything. Even at my most nit pickiest I could not find even one thing that wasn't done to perfection. The club, and the amazing local support they garner, should be very proud.

You can take your Irish Runnner races, Race Series 10k, Rock'n'Bling races and stick them....if there is one 10k race to put on your bucket list, this is it!

Couldn’t agree more . There was one thing though .......... the grass in the parking field was a bit long !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

100% agree with Skyblue above; when I first started out I really only knew about the big races in the Phoenix Park and thought these were the business.

To me the Dunshaughlin 10k epitomizes all that is good with the running community.......brilliant event and a real credit to everyone involved.

Kudos to Dunshaughlin AC a real event to be proud of and one to put on your calendar for 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 5th wheel

Great race credit to the pacers. Just checked the results 209 runners were under 40 minutes

Advertisement