Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue me

Options
  • 30-04-2010 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Please can you save me from this masqurades company who has a phone number as 57977. I don't know where they got my number from, the next thing I saw on my vodaforne was giving me a mandate that they will be deducting 20Euro monthly from my top up. Despite the fact that I immediatly text STOP, they fail to reply and sa soon as I top up 10euro, they quickly took 9euro. This action I considered a day light robbery. I did not purchase anything from anyone, I don't know who is operating this racket.

Thoompson

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Hi

if you contact these people they should be able to help you.

http://www.regtel.ie/unsubscribe.php

have you entered any competitions lately?

http://www.eazywin.net/ie/faq

I will move this to consumer issues, hopefully someone can help you there. Mods if this is the wrong section, I apologise.

Joining the long list of other Boards' users, I just received spam from this same 57977 number.

'FreeMsg: Your FREE TRIAL to GamesUnlimited is here! https://start.freetrialclub.mobi/?id=Gkib83eWXX Send STOP to 57977. Help 016869147 support@red27mobile.com'

I text “STOP” and the response was - wait for this - “This will result in charges”. Given all the other complaints across this website about the same practice from the same company, how in the name of Jesus is Comreg still permitting these parasites to operate in this society?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can also complain to the Data Protection Commission

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Joining the long list of other Boards' users, I just received spam from this same 57977 number.

'FreeMsg: Your FREE TRIAL to GamesUnlimited is here! https://start.freetrialclub.mobi/?id=Gkib83eWXX Send STOP to 57977. Help 016869147 support@red27mobile.com'

I text “STOP” and the response was - wait for this - “This will result in charges”. Given all the other complaints across this website about the same practice from the same company, how in the name of Jesus is Comreg still permitting these parasites to operate in this society?

How did you get on with this?

Family member got similar unsolicited text, replied STOP. Got reply saying "Welcome to the service.......Charges etc."

It interfered with outgoing texts. His texts appeared as "Corrupted". Anyway. The outgoing text he sent with "Remove" couldn't be deleted from his phone. If you opened it....a timer appeared at the bottom like a call was in progress. Anyway I eventually deleted all his inbox/outbox messages so hopefully it's sorted. His phone is a basic phone not smart phone. F**king nuisance.

Hopefully he doesn't get a load of charges!

How did you get on with this?

Family member got similar unsolicited text, replied STOP. Got reply saying "Welcome to the service.......Charges etc."

It interfered with outgoing texts. His texts appeared as "Corrupted". Anyway. The outgoing text he sent with "Remove" couldn't be deleted from his phone. If you opened it....a timer appeared at the bottom like a call was in progress. Anyway I eventually deleted all his inbox/outbox messages so hopefully it's sorted. His phone is a basic phone not smart phone. F**king nuisance.

Hopefully he doesn't get a load of charges!

Hi,

Comreg advised me to contact the company directly, so I emailed support@red27mobile.com. I got an email back saying I was not charged and will be removed - "unsubscribed" - from all their services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but these feckers are doing the rounds again, I only use the phone for placing donedeal adverts. Paying by phone option. Filty scum ����

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Comreg were useless in recovering money lost in a manner very similar a few years ago unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I got texts from these lowlifes. After the 2nd one I replied "Eff off scammers", but the damn text never delivered. I deleted the 2 texts I got.

I got texts from these lowlifes. After the 2nd one I replied "Eff off scammers", but the damn text never delivered. I deleted the 2 texts I got.

Did you get billed? They are saying welcome to the subscription service, 20 euro will be deducted after the 24hr free trial ends , text stop to blah blah blah
    I never signed up in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boomerek

ash2020 wrote: »
    Did you get billed? They are saying welcome to the subscription service, 20 euro will be deducted after the 24hr free trial ends , text stop to blah blah blah
    I never signed up in the first place

Hi. So, what did you do and how did this end for you? I don't even know if I should reply STOP or will that make it somehow even worse :)

• Advertisement

Hi, I didnt reply at all and I stopped getting the messages after a few days, I think they/he/she where sending out messages randomly and I never engaged with them so they moved on.
    boomerek wrote: »
    Hi. So, what did you do and how did this end for you? I don't even know if I should reply STOP or will that make it somehow even worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boomerek

If anyone will be looking for help here regarding this scam, from my experience i suggest send back STOP within 24h from receiving that SMS.

I didn't and after 24h I received buch of messages from them saying that "free trial is over" etc. and all those sms took 20€ from my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old McGroin

boomerek wrote: »
    If anyone will be looking for help here regarding this scam, from my experience i suggest send back STOP within 24h from receiving that SMS.

I didn't and after 24h I received buch of messages from them saying that "free trial is over" etc. and all those sms took 20€ from my account...

Just got a text from them there now too. As someone mentioned above I've just sent an e-mail to support@red27mobile.com asking to be unsubscribed immediately. I was about to text STOP but looking at how the text is worded it looks like texting STOP actually begins the sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 theresnoknowing

I received an initial welcome text which I ignored. I have never interacted with or subscribed to this 'company' in any way. The website for this company is clearly a front; it offers no discernible service or product.

The following day, I received 8 texts at once so I called my provider to learn that each text received had cost me €2. I eventually managed to get an email address for this organisation so I sent them an email threatening legal action.

I also asked them to provide specific details as to how my 'subscription' was initiated, or how they got my phone number, but they provided neither.

I have since received a refund to my PayPal account (I refused to give them any bank details).

These people are criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dec0512

Can you please provide an email address to email this red27 crowd? Partner just scammed for 45 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dec0512 wrote: »
    Can you please provide an email address to email this red27 crowd? Partner just scammed for 45 euro.

Two posts above yours has the details.
    No wonder people are getting scammed if none of ye take the time to read. Wise up people.

that's what you get for phoning sex lines!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Blazer wrote: »
    Two posts above yours has the details.
    No wonder people are getting scammed if none of ye take the time to read. Wise up people.

and a 10 year old zombie thread at that haha

Advertisement