Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is any of this salvageable\worthwhile keeping?

Options
  • 14-06-2019 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Need to start a new thread because my hope of simply adding a graphics card ended in failure :o

I have a 5 year old Dell Optiplex desktop that I am looking to upgrade or just bite the bullet and replace? The reason? I want to finally give Fallout 4 a go. Not exactly a new game I know, but what I have will not run it!

So, is there any way that I can do this on the cheap? Not looking for the latest and greatest and a small case would be perfect. I do have the following components if they would be usable?
    CPU - i7-4770 3.40 GHz
    RAM - 16GB (4x 4GB). Assuming it's DDR3.
    SSD - 128GB Samsung for OS
    HDD - 1TB Samsung HD103SJ for programs, data, etc.

I'm assuming I'd need a case, PSU and graphics card. Would happily go for 2nd hand if that would save on € and obviously there would be a saving going for the last generation of kit.

Thanks!!

Comments

Advertisement