Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a charity shop for donating a sofa?

Options
  • 10-06-2019 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are moving home and have a nice sofa to give to charity as we won't need it in the new place. I've previously given away furniture for free on Adverts and had some unsavoury characters (eventually) show up to take stuff, so would prefer to give to a charity shop.

Can anyone recommend a charity shop that would take a sofa (and preferably collect it!), and even better still, near Dublin 12/South city.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Hi,

We are moving home and have a nice sofa to give to charity as we won't need it in the new place. I've previously given away furniture for free on Adverts and had some unsavoury characters (eventually) show up to take stuff, so would prefer to give to a charity shop.

Can anyone recommend a charity shop that would take a sofa (and preferably collect it!), and even better still, near Dublin 12/South city.

thanks

I know there's somewhere in the area that does indeed collect but can't remember right now.

Oxfam furniture shop on Francis Street, could give them a call?

https://www.oxfamireland.org/shop/oxfam-home-francis-st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Try the Vincent DePaul. They used to anyway. They collected shelving from me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Age Action on Camden St or Oxfam home on Francis Street. They will probably both collect if you ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Some of the St Vincent de Paul shops take furniture

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The NCBI came and collected a set of two sofas from me last summer that I donated (helpful if you have no way to transport them).

https://www.ncbi.ie/ncbi-retail/how-donate/furniture-collection-form/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Thanks for the suggestions. Got in touch with NCBI. They are nearby. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Make sure there are 'fire safety' compliant labels on it, or they mightn't be able to take it (usually only affects older furniture).
    Would avoid giving anything to Oxfam after their recent scandals, plenty of others to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Make sure there are 'fire safety' compliant labels on it, or they mightn't be able to take it (usually only affects older furniture).
    Would avoid giving anything to Oxfam after their recent scandals, plenty of others to choose from.

Yep, has them. Thanks for flagging

Advertisement