Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deletion of link by mod

Options
  • 13-05-2019 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I posted the following thread to seek some guidance on how much it would cost to build an ensuite in a very specific house. I provided a link to that house which was snipped by Mod BryanF, which basically brought my thread to a dead end straight away. The edit reason was "N/A". I asked BryanF for clarification in the thread itself and he quoted section 1.1 of the charter which (to me) mentions nothing about posting links. I mailed him for clarification and I got no response.

What is wrong with posting a link to a house? Half the threads looking for quote advice are made up experienced people asking for clarifications on the house or site in question. If I had received an adequate response, I would have left it. But I feel the standard of explaining what happened dropped, which only leads to more mistakes.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057979960/1/#post110160965

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You have no card or ban to contest, so I've moved this to the Help Desk which deals with other complaints

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi was PM’d 19.58 last night.

1.1 This board is intended for discussion of Construction & Planning issues, by fellow users, and as a place to openly exchange tips and advice for free i.e. no one must seek to gain personally,professionallyor financially from their participation in the forum . It is not a consultancy service and it is strongly advised that you always appoint your own professional advisor(s). Be aware that being an open public forum you may not always get exactly the response you would hope for. You will find that there are plenty of posters who will help you here but if you don't like some posts or posters try to pass over them .

Poster doesn’t own the house linked to in the post

Speculative post.

The question could be answered without the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

BryanF wrote: »
    Hi was PM’d 19.58 last night.

1.1 This board is intended for discussion of Construction & Planning issues, by fellow users, and as a place to openly exchange tips and advice for free i.e. no one must seek to gain personally,professionallyor financially from their participation in the forum . It is not a consultancy service and it is strongly advised that you always appoint your own professional advisor(s). Be aware that being an open public forum you may not always get exactly the response you would hope for. You will find that there are plenty of posters who will help you here but if you don't like some posts or posters try to pass over them .

Poster doesn’t own the house linked to in the post

Speculative post.

The question could be answered without the link.

I have no idea how you think I'm set to gain more personally (or financially) than someone who owns a house.

I still can't see a logical reason for not allowing links. You're punishing a person who had no bad intentions except to make things as clear as possible. Having links to houses offends no one, causes no trouble, and really helps the responders come up with an answer. So for me it's a bizarre rule which is easily (and presumably) avoided by posters by lying about their background - not a great thing to promote on boards!

Anyways, I just wanted to give that feedback. I guess it's a free service, it's your forum and rules and in fairness you're consistent across all posts. So let's just leave it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement