Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

i tryed getting on the server but its outdated. must have been an update lately

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

If you set your client to 1.9 you shouldn't have any problems

Pompous wrote: »
    If you set your client to 1.9 you shouldn't have any problems

How does one do this?

386922.png

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

*Finally* killed the Ender Dragon. Tough and annoying fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ConorDon97

Any chance I could join?

Username is VladimirVonEire

Thanks for whitelisting :)

Do people only play weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Remind me again - are we supposed to feed horses? Mine are looking a little off-colour today ... :eek:

390595.png

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Myself and two friends have moved out to the Mesa, just FYI :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Boards server on 37.59.15.101 has been down since some time yesterday. I thought I'd give it a little time before saying anything. This might be a good time to gauge how much interest there is in keeping this server going.

Personally, working on a shared server is one of the main attractions to Minecraft: seeing what other people do: not just on their own, but also how they interact with what you do. (That's one reason I've been so keen on railways: not only do they open up space on the surface level for others to use, but you also get to see the world as you go. Sure, you can get from A to B more quickly in the Nether, but you're bypassing everything that's going on up top.)

The other question I have is to do with Mods: this current server is basically Vanilla, because of the changing Mod situation after 1.8.0, the way it broke most legacy Mods. It doesn't bother me, but I understand that some folks got used to Modded servers and are bored with Vanilla Minecraft. Do you think it's worth investigating another Modded server? Or, if hosting this server has become a hassle, I'd be happy to set it up in Realms (which only does Vanilla). But there would be no point if there's no interest.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

I don't play any more. Deconduo pays for his own server space, which he has gracefully allowed us to piggyback on. All I do is monitor this thread to see when people want white-listed and to see when the server has gone offline.

Perhaps people who actually play on the server could chime in.

Personally, I would be more than happy to drop my current responsibilities. Especially since I'll be away for the next couple of months and will be unable to even access a computer...

Me and a few friends have been playing from time to time but it's only about once a week or so. Not a biggie if it's time to drop the server!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Might as well pop my head in and put in my two cents: modded Minecraft is a bit of a disaster at the moment, with test packs switching from 1.8 to 1.9 to 1.10 in a matter of months. Pretty much all of modded everything has had to be rewritten from the ground up due to the fundamental changes in Minecraft's internal structure and the reinvention of server-side modding since the death of Bukkit. Most stable packs and servers are still running on 1.7.2 or 1.7.10 at this point :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

My understandimg is that it was 1.7 to 1.8 that was the major changes to the game. 1.8 - 1.10 has been a lot better and quicker. Think some mods didnt even need to be changed from 1.9 to 1.10,others only needing small modification.

But in general yeah the packs dont seem to be that stable yet,ive been playing FTB Unstable but only SP so its been ok.

I cant play vanilla anymore but would be well up for a modded server if there were one to be created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tiffbunny

Pompous wrote: »
    Deconduo pays for his own server space, which he has gracefully allowed us to piggyback on.

And just as a head's up, we're looking to wind down our server soonish as well, as the Boards Minecraft servers were one of the main justifications for having it.

Years back when Dec was hosting 2-4+ fairly populated Minecraft servers, there were regular donations towards the fees, which would cover 30-50% of the cost in a really good month. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case for a long time now, and as our hosting contract is up for renewal again, we just don't use it enough to justify ~€60/month.

So that's just information to take into consideration when planning out where the MC servers go from here.

Personally, as Valve has now killed my beloved TF2 with the latest changes, I'd be looking to join a (heavily) modded MC server but as Sol said, all stable packs are still in 1.7.X.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If anyone has any plans regarding joining or creating a new server please count me in :o:p

I am trying to find people from Ireland to set up a server with me to build a map of Ireland to play on. I have a thread in this forum about it. So I would like to help in creating one too because this one is a bit lonely for me to be honest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cobaas

Hey guys, shame about the server, played on this one and the last one, haven't been online much recently but anyone who used the big nether railway that connected spawn to the ice plains where my base was saw my stuff, anyway im setting up a new server, should be up by the end of the day if not by tomorrow, been playing around with the world generator so i have a few pics, unfortunately it wont let me place them on here...

imgur.com/a/yT7wW

Let me know if you're interested, good crowd on here, be nice to keep it going!

Cobaas

• Advertisement

Hey guys, shame about the server, played on this one and the last one, haven't been online much recently but anyone who used the big nether railway that connected spawn to the ice plains where my base was saw my stuff, anyway im setting up a new server, should be up by the end of the day if not by tomorrow, been playing around with the world generator so i have a few pics, unfortunately it wont let me place them on here...

imgur.com/a/yT7wW

Let me know if you're interested, good crowd on here, be nice to keep it going!

Cobaas

EDIT: got the link to work, just copy and paste the imgur link to see a few shots, leave a comment on this thread and ill get back asap, or pm me and ill let you know the ip and what not!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Awww! Remember when we used to act the blaggard, building little towns, finding horses, trying to catch cats :'D

Pompie, you always had cats XD

Awww! Remember when we used to act the blaggard, building little towns, finding horses, trying to catch cats :'D

Pompie, you always had cats XD

What can I say... I get lonely sometimes...

1.11 was just released too, the "exploration" update. Looks worth a look, would there be any interest in a Realm for six months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tiffbunny

I may drop by and build a crappy little house somewhere if you did... I've been away from Minecraft long enough that I'm actually willing to consider playing vanilla. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there still a boards server? the3rdbaboon is my name if there is could I be added? I used to play on the server a few years ago.

Hey guys, just to let you know we made a few changes to the site and server, so everything is up and running nicely now.

The server is running a new map, Vanilla on amplified settings, here's a pic:xwegPsp.png

The site has been updated to so if you want to get email updates for any server events then you can put your email in and receive them!

The server is running on 5.10.110.100:43640
    Dynmap is running on 5.10.110.100:4634
    The website is at www.mossynetgaming.weebly.com

The server is still whitelisted so if you're new and want to play then you can now whitelist on the website

The discord chat details are on the website!

Send me a message if you have any difficulties getting on! I may have to update the whitelist for some people :/

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is there still a boards server? the3rdbaboon is my name if there is could I be added? I used to play on the server a few years ago.

Hop over to 5.10.110.100:43640

Thats where we are atm, although havent seen many of the lads in a while! i've added you to the whitelist now so you'll be able to join :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cobaas wrote: »

The server is still whitelisted so if you're new and want to play then you can now whitelist on the website
    Cool. Have been looking for a server since I got my PC back together :) Have applied for whitelisting.

the_syco wrote: »
    Cool. Have been looking for a server since I got my PC back together :) Have applied for whitelisting.

all whitelisted now buddy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cobaas wrote: »
    Hey guys, just to let you know we made a few changes to the site and server, so everything is up and running nicely now.

The server is running a new map, Vanilla on amplified settings, here's a pic:xwegPsp.png

The site has been updated to so if you want to get email updates for any server events then you can put your email in and receive them!

The discord chat details are on the website!

Send me a message if you have any difficulties getting on! I may have to update the whitelist for some people :/

Are you using a graphics mod there?

Are you using a graphics mod there?

Shaders and a texture pack, couldn't tell you which ones!

Anyone fancy a realm for a few months? I'd be happy to host it if people would like to play for a bit. There's a lot more updates around these days

Anyone fancy a realm for a few months? I'd be happy to host it if people would like to play for a bit. There's a lot more updates around these days

Good news! The GF is interested so i'll be starting a new realm soon. Let me know who's interested :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Good news! The GF is interested so i'll be starting a new realm soon. Let me know who's interested :D

What is a Realm server? Looking for a server to play on, just normal vanilla stuff but with some bit of a community. Playing on my own world is rather lonely. Also: we're getting bees in 1.15! They're way too big but I don't care cos they're cute AF!

jaxxx wrote: »
    What is a Realm server? Looking for a server to play on, just normal vanilla stuff but with some bit of a community. Playing on my own world is rather lonely. Also: we're getting bees in 1.15! They're way too big but I don't care cos they're cute AF!

It's basically the same thing as a server except it's one of the in-game ones. The only difference is it's much easier to set up, but the downsides are you can't do quite as much fancy background stuff with it (like a dynamap)

It's basically the same thing as a server except it's one of the in-game ones. The only difference is it's much easier to set up, but the downsides are you can't do quite as much fancy background stuff with it (like a dynamap)

Ah I see. I'd definitely be interested though if you go ahead with it.

Definitely going ahead with it, will start sending the invites in a week or two :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Count me in please, I've been dying to play a bit more Minecraft, but I hate playing it solo.

Will do. Post or pm your MC usernames and I'll send around the invites in about a week :)

• Advertisement

Awesome. Is it gonna be plain vanilla or some extra things added? Will be nice to be playing with others again. Btw I call dibs on having a wolf army!

jaxxx wrote: »
    Awesome. Is it gonna be plain vanilla or some extra things added? Will be nice to be playing with others again. Btw I call dibs on having a wolf army!

Plain vanilla, I don't think there's any other choice with Realms instead of a server

I'm in! Haven't played is yeeeeaaaaarrrrsss. I'd say it's changed loads, the last update I played was horses or potions, can't remember which came last. Keep it vanilla def not the extreme terrains map - last time we did that spawn was right on a cliff edge XD

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    I'm in! Haven't played is yeeeeaaaaarrrrsss. I'd say it's changed loads, the last update I played was horses or potions, can't remember which came last. Keep it vanilla def not the extreme terrains map - last time we did that spawn was right on a cliff edge XD

We have cats, ocelots, dolphins, PANDAS, polar bears, fishies, AND BEES IN THE NEXT UPDATE!!!!!!!

Also: yay for vanilla! Although there is a nice datapack that allows you to cook rotten flesh into leather and one that allows you to die sand into red sand. But GO VANILLA!

Btw before anyone calls it, I wish to be known as 'Lord of the Donkeys'.

FOXES! I FORGOT FOXES! AND BUNNY WABBITS! AND PARROTS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Can I join? Username: Lumpy_Lumpski

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Haven't played in a few years - definitely down for this.

They're all coming out of the woodwork now lads and lasses!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's still an Old Skool Boardsies Minecraft Discord server alive: https://discord.gg/m2z7sjR

Should I be concerned that I'm 30 years old and not entirely sure what discord is? ><

• Advertisement

DG, what's the story gonna be with regards to AFK farming? Nope? Frowned upon? Other? Just the easiest way to get saddles early on unless you're lucky enough to find a temple/dungeon/etc (AFK fishing farm I mean). Also if someone finds a skelington spawner and they don't want it, I'll be more than happy to take if off your hands!

Advertisement