Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post tiny parcel?

Options
  • 28-02-2021 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to post this. I bought a mobile modem for internet in a shop a bit away from me. The battery is very poor and I rang the shop where I bought it and they said I could bring it back. It's a long drive to the shop. Just wondering how would I go about posting it? This mobile modem would fit in your hand and is light enough. How much would it cost? Could you nearly wrap it in something and put it in some form of envelope or could it break on the way there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Do you have its box? Or can you make a small cardboard box for it? You want to protect it enough that it won’t get damaged in the post, so you don’t get the blame for breaking it.

Either way, put it into a padded envelope, write the address where you want to send it on the outside of the envelope, and then bring it to a Post Office. They’ll weigh it and tell you how much the postage is. You pay for the postage and you’re done. Include a note inside saying who you are and why you’re returning it.

Postage calculator is here: https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Calculate-Postage/select-attributes

Sounds like what you’d be sending is a “small package”. Actual cost depends on size and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to post this. I bought a mobile modem for internet in a shop a bit away from me. The battery is very poor and I rang the shop where I bought it and they said I could bring it back. It's a long drive to the shop. Just wondering how would I go about posting it? This mobile modem would fit in your hand and is light enough. How much would it cost? Could you nearly wrap it in something and put it in some form of envelope or could it break on the way there?

Stick in a envelope with bubble wrap on the inside. Shouldn't be more than a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

put in a padded envelope and post it as a letter,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

If you go to the post office and tell them what's inside, they are likely to reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

3DataModem wrote: »
    If you go to the post office and tell them what's inside, they are likely to reject it.

Batteries are only prohibited from international post. OP seems to be posting this domestically. Also, there’s no reason to tell anyone what’s in the package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I was told in the gpo, its OK to post batterys in Ireland. It cost me 2 euro
    to post 12 aa batterys in dublin
    2 months ago
    I just wanted to be sure it was legal to post em

Advertisement