Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grey tracksuit bottoms

• 27-02-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

What is it with them?? As usual most of the trouble makers arrested and stopped today were wearing them.

Are they the cheapest? Or is it just a way for them to know each other?

Comments

The have to have cuffs so the sit 2 inches above the shiny black runners also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What % of the attendees were wearing cheap black North Face jackets?

I'm in a nice pair now, grey, with cuffs.
    Penguin though.... I'm a sophisticated type :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Probably brought them home from Jail.

Grey 'fleecy' tracksuit is the standard attire given to prison committals these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Don’t forget the socks tucked into the bottom of the tracksuit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Work clothes, you gotta be quick when you snatch a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Also must have room in the waist for one if not both hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I wear them. Good for when you want to have clothes on the lower half of your body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have to admit. Girlfriend got me a pair recently and they are just very comfy and easy to slip on quickly. Bit scummy depending on what shoes you’re wearing but feck it - comfort first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What would people make of grey tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks, but the socks are thigh-highs? Asking for a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have a pair for lounging around the house.
    I wouldn't wear them around in public - way too scummy looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Could they all be on the way home from the gym?

I love wearing them. They really accentuate my bulge.

kowloon wrote: »
    What would people make of grey tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks, but the socks are thigh-highs? Asking for a friend.

With or without a walking stick?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

They are for catching jobbies, hence they are call ed jobbiecatchers where I come from.

The same gyms that are all currently closed due to level 5 lockdown? Those gyms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fine for “around the house” but they’re useless if you want to go out anywhere with wallet, phone and keys.

Also, for those of us packing “heat” they can be a bit showy. Things tend to swing a bit if you’re not strapped down in tight boxers or y-fronts.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

They see themselves as "sans-culottes" when in reality they're just entitled assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Your Face wrote: »
    I have a pair for lounging around the house.
    I wouldn't wear them around in public - way too scummy looking.

Feck what other people think... its 2021 No one gives a flying F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Why is it only really Ireland and UK where people wear tracksuits?
    If everyone could just do us all a favour and not wear them outside please. For me it's the equivalent of women going around in their pyjamas. I mean make just a few seconds effort and put some grown up clothes on, Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What is it with them?? As usual most of the trouble makers arrested and stopped today were wearing them.

How do you know this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tracksuit bottoms.....
    Evening wear for Skangers :p

Thread reminds me what my best mate said to me once.
    He works with a woman who grew up in the flats and she told him the amount of "all for show" is insane.

You'd see people from the flats with trainers that cost over a hundred euro and the latest addias tracksuits but the same sort would be absolute broke. All image.

Also went on to say that when she was a kid playing with her friends shed hear her ma shout over the balcony "OLIVIA YOUR CHICKEN DINNER IS READY!" then she'd run in to see beans on toast. Says they all did it. All for show. So the neighbours would think they were better than what they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I love them on men.

They leave nothing to the imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Steve012 wrote: »
    Feck what other people think... its 2021 No one gives a flying F

Lol, ok Blindboy.

He works with a woman who grew up in the flats and she told him the amount of "all for show" is insane.

You'd see people from the flats with trainers that cost over a hundred euro and the latest addias tracksuits but the same sort would be absolute broke. All image.

Also went on to say that when she was a kid playing with her friends shed hear her ma shout over the balcony "OLIVIA YOUR CHICKEN DINNER IS READY!" then she'd run in to see beans on toast. Says they all did it. All for show. So the neighbours would think they were better than what they were.

Nothing wrong with beans on toast. Snobby feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Why is it only really Ireland and UK where people wear tracksuits?
    If everyone could just do us all a favour and not wear them outside please. For me it's the equivalent of women going around in their pyjamas. I mean make just a few seconds effort and put some grown up clothes on, Jesus.
    Not just an Irish UK phenomenon, by a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

That would require motivation and dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I love them on men.

They leave nothing to the imagination.

what if your a grower not a shower :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The world over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Ultrflat wrote: »
    what if your a grower not a shower :eek:

:D

Just tell yourself 'it's her loss'. You'll be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

:D

Just tell yourself 'it's her loss'. You'll be fine..

Of course I'll be fine, with my tub of extra salt Ben and Jerry's :P:pac:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The world over.

It's silly tho.
    No one cares if you are in the gutter. On the other side of the spectrum if people thought you were well off you'd be more likely to get broken in to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Dude in the denim’s untouchable

pa-58323574.jpg

Like, superhero untouchable. He’s got an aura around him no Garda batone can penetrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

macplaxton wrote: »
    They are for catching jobbies, hence they are call ed jobbiecatchers where I come from.

Is this jobbie in the Scottish sense of the word? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

A beer belly in a black jacket over a celtic jersey in the background, another stereotype ticked off the list, lol.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Bobblehats wrote: »

pa-58323574.jpg

Like, superhero untouchable. He’s got an aura around him no Garda batone can penetrate

Yes, a corona of invulnerability, if you will.

Is this jobbie in the Scottish sense of the word? :eek:

Faeces I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have to admit. Girlfriend got me a pair recently and they are just very comfy and easy to slip on quickly. Bit scummy depending on what shoes you’re wearing but feck it - comfort first.

Just keep an eye on that, grey tracksuit now, it could be Canada goose next, before long she'll be calling you Clayton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Zebra3 wrote: »
    How do you know this?

Have a look at the photos in the paper...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bobblehats wrote: »

pa-58323574.jpg

I can only imagine the characteristic high pitched skanger whine from the grey clad individual when threatened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

callaway92 wrote: »

George Webb’s and white socks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can only imagine the characteristic high pitched skanger whine from the grey clad individual when threatened.

Will certainly say “yous”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

PARlance wrote: »
    Just keep an eye on that, grey tracksuit now, it could be Canada goose next, before long she'll be calling you Clayton.

Yep obviously some mad fantasy his girlfriend wants to act out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Will certainly say “yous”

As do most Dubs in general. It's no worse than the culchies saying "ye".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

In their defense, and as a contrarian who often takes the wrong view of things it seems, my husband turned up wearing a pair which one of the sons had left behind, intending (the husband, that is) that they would be just the thing for morning -attire-about-the-house, and his arse looked strikingly sexy in them, I have to say.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    In their defense, and as a contrarian who often takes the wrong view of things it seems, my husband turned up wearing a pair which one of the sons had left behind, intending (the husband, that is) that they would be just the thing for morning -attire-about-the-house, and his arse looked strikingly sexy in them, I have to say.

Now there's an advertisement -

"Grey tracksuit bottoms - they'll reignite your marriage."

**ᴺᵒᵗ ˢᵘᵍᵍᵉˢᵗᶦⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵃʳʳᶦᵃᵍᵉ ʷᵃˢ ᶦⁿ ᵃⁿʸ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵖᵒᵏᵉ

"Ye" is much more civilised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭amacca

whats the more correct less culchie sounding word to use for a group ........ I want to be somewhat more sophisticated in how I address groups of people in future

please do not tell me I have to restructure sentences though...thats too much effort, I just want something that will slot in for ye and not be yous that will do the job and differentiate me from my redneck culchie brethren as a discerning man of class and style so people wont imagine its possible they would get a faint whiff of cow****e if they stood too close to me after this pandemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Now there's an advertisement -

"Grey tracksuit bottoms - they'll reignite your marriage."

**Not suggesting your marriage was in any need of a poke

It isn't, thank goodness, we get along very well, but a change of view is never unwelcome, for anyone I think, and stretched grey polyester over buttocks did the trick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement