Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID impact

Options
  • 26-09-2020 10:38am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So how has COVID impacted your work ?

To be honest for me it has been tough. I feel that I should not be “moaning” as I have been lucky enough to keep my job (initially this was far from certain) and so far I have not caught this virus. However it has put me under mental strain. I guess I have been suffering from “cabin fever” (for want of a better phrase). Since the pandemic Normally I would spend anything for 25 to 100% of the year on site. So far this year I have only been on site for a few hours, to carry out an inspection. I meet most of my colleagues on line and only some of them face to face. I find this difficult and it has resulted in me making mistakes that I would not normally make.

Has anyone else any experiences to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Its a dose with site numbers, pressure of work to get done and being restricted on how many in areas/on site. Trying to get vendors (Makers man) in is another drama.

Zoom calls/Webx meetings are painful, information is misinterpreted all the time. What was sorted in 15 minutes on site with hands pointing and measuring is a disaster now. Its tough on engineers if you ask me its a big career change to not be on site, alot of engineer's like to look at other work as a reference to how it was done previously on site and monitoring ongoing work.

I won't go into the hassle with drawings... And the social part is a big factor, I find most of the zoom calls are just chat from the off site lads.

To sum it up, its really just a fook up on all fronts. The next 3 weeks are worrying in Cork for me with case's on the rise.

Advertisement