Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball watches

Options
  • 21-09-2020 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Ball are a niche brand, but seem to be good value. Tritium gas tubes, unique history, in-house movements, decent finishing etc. I'm considering the Engineer M Marvelight. I don't think they've got an AD in Ireland, so I'd be buying based on reviews and videos.

Anyone here have real life experience with them? How do they hold up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I don't have any hands on experience with them, but I was strongly considering one myself a while back. Ended up not pulling the trigger, but I do think they are great looking watches from the pics I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Agree with Pablo here.
    I've not owned one myself as yet, but striking looking pieces.
    Would seriously consider an AeroGMT if I ever come across one 2nd hand at a time that coincides with me having cash.
    It was between that and a B&R when I bought my GMT, I think if I'd bought the ball I'd still have that rather than it being flipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've got an Engineer Marvelight II.

I love it - it's gotten more time on my wrist than anything else since I got it last year.

Decent weight to it so it feels nice and solid. The movement is COSC certified (I believe from memory) so no issues with accuracy.

I think the biggest issue for most is going to be the bracelet. Getting the correct fight is going to be hit or miss. They provide some spare half links but there is no microadjust on the clasp due to how its designed. So you might end up having to wear it to loose or too tight for your preference. I would normally wear watches with bracelets a little loose so it's not much of an issue for me, but I can see it being a pain for others.

Also polished midlinks in the bracelet so that might put a few people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Never had one, but they do seem to garner some respect with serious collectors and would not be classed as a "Sh1tter". Odd one on adverts they seem to shift, so if you buy it right you are only going to loose a little money if you dont like it.

Advertisement