Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is ridiculous now!

• 28-09-2020 12:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Had the EDT lessons booked back in February.Was due to start them in April but never got them done thanks to lockdown. Got the lessons done in July and applied for the test straight away(early July).
    The instructor loaded them on the system straight after I completed them.

Towards the end of August after multiple unsuccessful attempts to ring the rsa number I sent an email basically asking wtf. A month later I got a reply saying "nobody would answer my query".

Still they don't even answer their bloody phones. Surely there must be some legal grounds for action given any learner driver now is not being given the same opportunity to succeed as others have which is forcing the option of either continuing to pay for lessons to keep up driving practice or break the law by driving unaccompanied on an Learner permit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

Whats your question? I'm confused. Is it when will you get a test date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭lucalux

What were you calling them to ask, and what was your email querying?

Are you trying to book a driving test is it?

On RSA website it says you can book it online or by post, have you applied by these means?

"You can apply for a driving test either online or by post. Please note you cannot apply for your driving test by phone."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Applied online and at the time only received a message to say "payment received". Followed up with an email some time later asking what was going on and what was the waiting time for my area/ where was I in the waiting list. And basically got a PFO.

I know they will just pull rank and state "CoVid" (because the service was so bloody efficient before CoVid right?)

But it's not just me,there are people being told to expect 8 month waits. While the gardai are no doubt waiting in the wings to punish learner drivers.

Why do we accept such appalling levels of service at all levels of publicly funded operations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Applied online and at the time only received a message to say "payment received". Followed up with an email some time later asking what was going on and what was the waiting time for my area/ where was I in the waiting list. And basically got a PFO.

I know they will just pull rank and state "CoVid" (because the service was so bloody efficient before CoVid right?)

But it's not just me,there are people being told to expect 8 month waits. While the gardai are no doubt waiting in the wings to punish learner drivers.

Why do we accept such appalling levels of service at all levels of publicly funded operations?

The entitlement emanating from this post stinks!

Stating "Covid" isn't pulling rank. There's no conspiracy here to stop people taking their driving tests so that the Garda can punish anyone.

Put the toys back in the pram and wait like the rest of us.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The entitlement emanating from this post stinks!

Stating "Covid" isn't pulling rank. There's no conspiracy here to stop people taking their driving tests so that the Garda can punish anyone.

Put the toys back in the pram and wait like the rest of us.

Yeah.

This is why we have the level of service we do in this sorry country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭caldew

Yeah.

This is why we have the level of service we do in this sorry country.

The waiting time for a test pre Covid was around 6 weeks. Not bad.

Unfortunately for you a world wide pandemic is to blame for the waiting list being so long. No other reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

The waiting time for a test before covid (had mine in November 2019) was about six weeks. Husband was due to sit his in April but due to covid it was postponed. When they restarted he was seen to pretty quickly but there is now a considerable waiting list because they didn't stop applications while tests were postponed so now you have people who would also have been tested during covid waiting for a test with people who are only applying now.

Only Irish people would think a 6 week wait in a normally functioning system was "not too bad". I mean it's not like it's free, you actually pay twice for it, cost of test and the centre, staff and testers are publicly paid employees.

I guess compared to the HSE its "not too bad" but that's like comparing a slap in the face to a kick in the balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭CoBo55

13 month waiting list when I did my test, such is life. Some of the driving instructors can bump you up the list have you asked your instructor if they can do anything for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Only Irish people would think a 6 week wait in a normally functioning system was "not too bad". I mean it's not like it's free, you actually pay twice for it, cost of test and the centre, staff and testers are publicly paid employees.

I guess compared to the HSE its "not too bad" but that's like comparing a slap in the face to a kick in the balls.

It was a mess before covid so I can't imagine what it will be like now.
    Perhaps the people who think this is no problem have a good transport network for getting to work, where I live if you can't drive you probably won't work as no suitable transport network.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

All that's happened here is you've woken up on the wrong side of the bed. You can't go back now and apply for it earlier. Just focus on keeping up to standard with your driving. The more frustrated you get with waiting, the harsher you'll likely be against it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

There’s people who applied in May who haven’t yet been scheduled.

Because of restrictions based on risk assessments, the number of tests being conducted each day is reduced.

Your options are to sit tight and wait for a test or call and nicely ask for a cancellation. If the email you sent resembled the tone of your posts don’t expect much help from them.

Advertisement