Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road/Traffic Engineer DLR?

Options
  • 29-09-2020 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Could anyone recommend a road/traffic engineer based in DLR/South Dublin.

New bike lanes have been added outside my house which is causing great difficulty to access the driveway. Not getting any response from the council.

Ideally a yellow box would solve but not sure how viable this is as we are close to a junction and opposite a school.

Need someone to give a professional opinion on what my options are.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

what is the access problem with bike lane?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

The bike lane being installed resulted in a second turning lane being removed on two sides of the junction.

As a result there are long tail backs. if I stop to try turn into my driveway(across opposite flow lane it causes a big Jam. Pre cycle lane there would be room for following traffic to pass as the road was significantly wider.

I have no problems with cycle lanes per say hence would be happy with a 2/3m yellow box to allow access.

The information document published by the council showed the cycle lane stopping 10 m approx. short of the junction which is not the case with what was built.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Now we know what you are dealing with, thank you

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement