Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lilly’s Kitchen Dry Food- recent reviews

Options
  • 28-09-2020 10:37am

I’m doing some research on what’s the best food for my recently acquired small dog breed- I had explored Lilly’s Kitchen which seemed popular and respected and had the right balance of protein fibre etc - however very recent( as in the last month) reviews are worrying - any thoughts? They appear to have adjusted their recipe leading to some pet owners experiencing issues - or do these type of reviews happen for all dog food types simply because no one dog food suits all dogs? Just seems strange a lot of bad reviews in a short space of time

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/lilyskitchen.co.uk?languages=en&stars=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

That's really interesting. I know there was uproar recently because Nestle acquired them. A lot of people were really worried that the quality was going to drop or ingredients were going to change because of Nestle, though they have claimed nothing is going to change and this is only going to help LK to branch out.

https://www.nestle.com/media/news/nestle-purina-petcare-acquires-natural-pet-food-brand-lilys-kitchen

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

VonVix wrote: »
    That's really interesting. I know there was uproar recently because Nestle acquired them. A lot of people were really worried that the quality was going to drop or ingredients were going to change because of Nestle, though they have claimed nothing is going to change and this is only going to help LK to branch out.

https://www.nestle.com/media/news/nestle-purina-petcare-acquires-natural-pet-food-brand-lilys-kitchen

Maybe it’s a targeted campaign directed at Nestle -with their track record of changing the taste of favourite chocolate bars, and really getting people’s back up, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Either way those reviews have turned me away from Lilly’s Kitchen-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

They said in some of their responses to people on Trust Pilot that their changes to dog food had been "minimal", but what's minimal is subjective. I doubt people are complaining over nothing, some dogs can be very sensitive to food changes.

I would be looking elsewhere for a good quality food at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Worried2019

My 2 year old Labrador has been on Lily’s kitchen for about 9 months. She loves it and it suits her well. She has a very weak stomach and we went through burns, hills, royal Canin and acana before finally settling on this. All the other food would be fine for a few weeks and then give her the runs! I buy it off amazon with a bag being delivered every month and the next delivery is due Friday, will update if I see any difference.

My 2 year old Labrador has been on Lily’s kitchen for about 9 months. She loves it and it suits her well. She has a very weak stomach and we went through burns, hills, royal Canin and acana before finally settling on this. All the other food would be fine for a few weeks and then give her the runs! I buy it off amazon with a bag being delivered every month and the next delivery is due Friday, will update if I see any difference.

If you purchase the food through a 3rd party on Amazon you could still be getting the "original" stock for a while, assuming there is a change the formula.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Worried2019

Yes possibly...
    I have tried her on the Lily’s kitchen wet stuff before - that did not agree with her at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

This has me shocked. I had been cooking for my two but changed to this recently. She hoovers it up, but she'll eat anything. He tends to like food for a few weeks and then stop eating it. He's done this with LK, I've been struggling to get him to eat it and it's not easy to put weight on him as it is.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board, no way will I get it again after those reviews. Thanks for highlighting PlentyOhToole!

Taiga wrote: »
    This has me shocked. I had been cooking for my two but changed to this recently. She hoovers it up, but she'll eat anything. He tends to like food for a few weeks and then stop eating it. He's done this with LK, I've been struggling to get him to eat it and it's not easy to put weight on him as it is.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board, no way will I get it again after those reviews. Thanks for highlighting PlentyOhToole!

As others have said there’s probably still some old stock left but thought it was important to highlight- I was considering trying it out myself but no point now

If you're looking for something with a fairly similar formula, check out Edgard Cooper, it can be found in the likes of Dunnes Stores. I'm quite impressed with some of the dog food appearing in my local Dunnes lately. Quality has improved quite a bit.

Advertisement