Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballymagarvey Wedding - Accomodation

Options
  • 13-09-2020 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I am getting married next year in Ballymagarvey but they ask that you provide an accommodation guest list for 25 of the rooms 12 months in advance. My problem is that with Covid-19, we are unable to see the rooms in person before selecting who gets what room. I have pictures for the Manor House only but not the other rooms. Can anyone help with how they did their list?

Eg: Manor House - Bridal Party
    Maids Cottage - ????
    Governess Cottage - ????

And the remaining courtyard rooms?

Any help would be fantastic and very much appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UnBridled

Hi, I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question but I do have one of my own.

Initially I had my heart set on an exclusive use venue but the places we looked at basically required us to be hoteliers. Allocate x amount of bedrooms and if they weren't filled the cost would fall to us. We have our venue booked now but I'm curious about your experience. If you don't fill the bedrooms will you have to pay for them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can't speak for Ballymagarvey, but we viewed an exclusive use (non-hotel) venue. The way they charged was that we would have to pay for the whole property, and then decide what to charge our guests per room to recoup the costs (or just pay for it all ourselves!). That was a big reason for us not going for such a venue in the end.

I think we viewed another property (a hotel, but exclusive use, as far as I remember) that we would have been required to pay for any unallocated rooms, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭customrifle

We had ours in ballymagarvey 2 weeks ago. All the rooms are lovely so whenever our guests wanted to book they chose where they wanted to go. We just allocated the manor house rooms to immediate family.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NVC2016

Thanks so much, I think we might just do the same. I think you're right just to let everyone else book on a first come first serve basis. We'll arrange the Manor House for sure. Looking forward to the big day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NVC2016

Can I just ask, did you stay in the Osborne Room as your Bridal Suite? I'm stuck between that room and the Heemskerk. We can't see the rooms in person so only have one picture of each. Thanks a mil,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I'm getting married there next year. the manor house has a nice seating area for after drinks when the bar etc close. family are usually older and head to bed and the noise of everyone can bother them. I would keep the manor house for friends if you think you would like to stay up later with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

Ballymagarvey is fab! We attended a wedding there 3 years ago... Stayed in an air B&B relatively nearby! The only issue I had with them was that by twelve o clock that night we were exhausted as we'd travelled quite a bit for the wedding.. And both our phones had died and when we asked the staff if we could call a taxi to get back to our air B&B as our phone died we were told it couldn't be done and they wouldn't call one for us .. Something to do with the hotel not wanting to take responsibility for calling the taxi the whole way out incase people leave them hanging if we didn't go out to them and they couldn't contact us or something! It was a wedding we didn't know anyone but the bridal party at so we had a nightmare trying to get out of the place! When we eventually got a phone to ring from a fellow guest most of the taxis werent picking up! Or if they did they were busy with the Saturday night rush in town. Just be aware it's kind of in the middle of nowhere should you have extra guests... Other than that we had a fab day! Both the ceremony and reception were held there and were absolutely beautiful! I suppose the phone situation is somewhat understandable and it's our own faults for letting our phones die but at the same time it put some stress on our evening and as the whole day was so fantastic otherwise I thought the staff could have helped us out a little more in that respect! Id say you'll defo need to include some accommodation suggestions for the surrounding area with invites if you've got more than will be staying on the grounds!

Advertisement