Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seven deadly sins

Options
  • 30-09-2020 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

how many mangas are there? I love the show on Netlfix and don't want it to end :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

According to Wikipedia, there's 41 volumes with the last one in 2016. I loved the show too, and A1 done an excellent job. But then they dropped it after the movie to concentrate on Sword Art Online and Fate series, and it was picked up by Studio Deen, who then offloaded it to a crowd called Marvy Jack. And they butchered it, both visually and in writing. Season 3 was bad enough that I actually can't remember any of it.

Shame though. Hopefully A1 will pick it back up in the future and continue on. Or at least some other competent studio. Doubtful though, ratings were dropping prior to the movie, and the movie didn't do well (thus leading to offloading it). But it appears Season 4 was in production until Covid, and the release date in Japan was pushed to Jan 2021, with the english version coming to Netflix at some stage. No word on if the quality is still bad or not. Either way, it'll be the final season as there'll be no more manga to go from.

Note: While I say Season 3 and 4, Netflix will have you believe it's Season 4 and 5 because the consider the few shorts ova's after season 1 as season 2. Just to confuse things.

Advertisement