Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Humour Thread **Chat/Discussion = 24 Hour Ban, Mod Notes Post 1 (26/11)

• 24-10-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

________________________***UPDATE***_______________________________________

From here on in there is a NO chat rule and it will be enforced with a 24 hour ban, repeat offenders will be given a longer ban. You will not be carded and the ban will not effect the current cards = bans mechanism in the Soccer Forum, take it as a slap on the wrist.

Its really simple, keep this thread to Pics, Videos, Gifs and Quotations.

If you want to put in a piece of text with your post of Pics, Videos, Gifs and Quotations.
    , thats fine but there's going to be a zero tolerancy on chat, lets try keep this chat free please.

The no chat rule works perfectly fine in YLYL over on Cool Vids&Pics.

As long as the drama llama's don't come out in force once someone posts a pic/gif they don't like and go on a moral crusade of extreme righteousness to throw off the shackles of tyranny and inequality that hold sway over the Soccer Forum I can't see any reason we can't have a thread like this.

Usual Soccer Forum rules apply.

This thread is for pics/videos/gifs.

This thread has worked well so far as people have seen it for whats its worth, something to laugh at without getting offended, keep it going please.

MOD NOTE POST #3408
    Deleting a few pictures from here tonight.

I hate censoring in this thread and saying "This is funny, this isn't". Humor is subjective and each to their own. At the same time, there's some posts which seem to aim at humor by launching attacks on a set of fans, which can also be seen as baiting. Post such as "X team's fans come out of their caves", or "X teams fans are trolling" may be funny to some, but are also highly likely to cause tension between posters on here in a way which many seem to want cut downs on (the most common complaints sent my way nowadays are people on both sides sick of this stupid one-up-manship that a small number of posters on both side seem intent on running).

The thread is for funny things; moments in games where things go bizarre, pictures of players doing crazy things, tweets or vines that make you chuckle. It is not for one set of fans to take pot shots at another set of fans. There's so much posted that actually is attempts at humor, but the "No Chat/Discussion" rule was brought in to try and combat this sort of problem, and now, instead, people are just posting the comments in pictures and creating the tensions again.

So for now, I'm deleting such posts tonight; anything that is simply going to antagonize other fans for the sake of antagonizing will be deleted. Attempts to rile up rival fans is baiting and trolling. We won't be issuing cards off the bat; there's a thin line and if someone crosses it in a genuine attempt at humor, we don't want to have to overreact. But if we feel there's a user who continually is posting pictures in this thread simply to troll or bait arguments, then we will also not simply let it slide either.

I know there'll be some who'll throw their arms up and give out that it's only "banter" or whatever. But I think the vast majority are just bored of this Liverpool/Man United penis measuring contest that takes over everything on here, and this is going to be a step towards calming it down drastically.

(This should also go without saying but a few people seem to be forgetting this recently, so I'll add it too; do not reply to this message directly in this thread. PM a mod if you have a comment/complaint, etc. Afterall, there is a 24 hour ban for chat )

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9XHPgXWV3mCVixYxVUWLEDD9Gd2BowlfRpuoQ_h31qaq1wYmwozmuy_LyEQ

Mod warning reminder on Utd v Liverpool stuff: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93200292&postcount=3571

With the amount of hilarious gifs, jokes, photoshops etc...going round, I think we could definitely do with a dedicated thread.

Some of the best ones on team threads get overlooked by posters who don't really venture into other teams' threads.

I'll start off with one from last year that most have probably already seen, but is definitely worth a repost imo!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement