Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More ride on toys reduced from €100 to €25. Halfords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Just reserved the quad bike and thanks very much 4 the bargain alert . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Keep missing this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Reserved motorbike for cork only to get a phone call just now saying sorry it's actually damaged....
    Ya right... Staff gets it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

gufc21 wrote: »
    Keep missing this :(

Me Too!!

All gone in Dublin and Naas except for Lightning Hog @€;50 in Tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

got yellow skuttlebug still in the box if anyone interested, bought it when it was 20 euro though (have receipt) but my son got one as Christmas pressie. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Got the quad today. Lovely little thing. Have two motorbikes reserved for a friend, if she doesn't want them I will give some one here the reservation numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

would have loved a motor bike for my fella!! Rage!!

Reservation number here for two motorbikes. Coolock store. First up gets them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

saw a car in Airside reduced to €65. saving of 129. sorry didnt take a pic as I had my son to chase around the store :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

fall wrote: »
    Reservation number here for two motorbikes. Coolock store. First up gets them.

I'd love one but I'm in Nenagh and wouldnt be able to collect :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ack damn, if anyone has a yellow scuttlebug for swords or coolock and not using it could you let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

Got yellow one for sale as per my earlier post but at 20 euro, still great price. If interested will be going next Sat. To see some flats near clarehall, could deliver somewhere there.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Thanks op, got the swayer reserved in waterford :-)

prancer wrote: »
    I'd love one but I'm in Nenagh and wouldnt be able to collect :(
    There are two under the one reservation code. Someone has sent a pm for the code. I will ask them to contact you if they only want one to see if you can organise something.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

deegs wrote: »
    Reserved motorbike for cork only to get a phone call just now saying sorry it's actually damaged....
    Ya right... Staff gets it I'd say.
    Funny got the same excuse in Galway, alot of damaged stock in Halfords , must be the weather

Got a phone call saying it would be kept til tomorrow and said I would collect it today. To say I got a rude reception when I went to the shop today is an understatement. Handed gruffly, no box, no instructions and no charger. Asked for charger, she will get, said the sales assistant pointing at another girl. When I asked her was there a box she got really narky and gave me a lecture. Then my other half spotted the security tag still on it! There was so much eye rolling and puffing I think they were pissed off I was getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

fall wrote: »
    Got a phone call saying it would be kept til tomorrow and said I would collect it today. To say I got a rude reception when I went to the shop today is an understatement. Handed gruffly, no box, no instructions and no charger. Asked for charger, she will get, said the sales assistant pointing at another girl. When I asked her was there a box she got really narky and gave me a lecture. Then my other half spotted the security tag still on it! There was so much eye rolling and puffing I think they were pissed off I was getting it.

Was that the Navan shop by any chance? I got a quad there and they told me they only had one left made up and they couldn't find the charger. They said mine was the last fully boxed one.

Naas.

Funny how every1 is complaining about the bikes and quad
    Bike accessories , boxes , chargers etc as I got the same
    Call yesterday morning saying that the charger was
    Gone AWOL off the quad bike and they would
    Try and order a new 1 but with no guarantees of getting
    1 . Coincidence or what ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Gonna swim against the tide here. Reserved the quad in Cork Friday evening when I saw this thread. Got a friendly phone call early Saturday morning wondering when I would be collecting it as they would leave it to hand if over the next few days. Said I would be collecting that morning and was told there was no need to rush - they'd hold it for a week. Went in Saturday anyway, and a very nice girl on the till got the quad, which was fully present and correct in its box.

On the flip side though, the quad itself isn't really the best and no way worth €100. It's a bit light and flimsy and doesn't have any lights or sounds (which a quad we had previously with a lower RRP had). The 'go' button on the pedal is also a bit hard for our young fellow to hold down with his foot and the driving wheel tends to lose traction quite a bit.

Got a call from the nice people in the
    Carrickmines branch earlier saying that
    They found the charger 4 the quad bike.
    I picked up a new boxed 1 that wasn't on their
    Website stock list And they also had a cancelation on another
    1 so as of 5 o clock there's a new purple
    1 and the display red 1 .

Advertisement