Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 7 Inch now only £89.99 on Amazon !!

• 20-12-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Found this on HUKD there now...£90 for a tab 3....all over it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

cheers for that dunno why the link didn't come for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Seems to be back up in price now. Only seeing used ones for 89?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Saw them in Argos (Henry St) yesterday for €149

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Seems to be back up in price now. Only seeing used ones for 89?

golden brown still £89

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-7-inch-Golden/dp/B00EVTGOMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Yh it's gone back up. You snooze you loose. I lost a £2 router that way this week. I'm kinda glad for me (not anyone else) that it went back up. Was almost tempted to buy something else I don't need. Nonetheless thanks OP :)

Oops it's £89 in poo brown (burns credit card)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think I am going to make a rare random leap and pull the trigger on this deal in a rather spur-of-the-moment fashion!

(I don't care about the brown!)

Can anyone give me a reason not to? Or if better is available for the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

To be honest I prefer the brown. Pull the trigger before I do! Pleeezzzeeeeee :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Got it at £92.24 with irish VAT. Cheers OP......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭pah

Agh. Got this for £99 last week. That's great value about €110, I'd go for this over any of those crappy kids tablets in the €70-€90 range if I was buying for a child

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great tablet. I love how great tablets are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Reviews (Critic) are very poor for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

I think those reviews are based on paying €200ish for the tablet, compared to what else is available at that price range. But for down at €110 it is decent value I think.

hotshots85 wrote: »
    I think those reviews are based on paying €200ish for the tablet, compared to what else is available at that price range. But for down at €110 it is decent value I think.

Grand, first tab.

I'll take a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭hotshots85

Well I got one @ €120 and it looks ok, its only gonna be used for web browsing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭pah

Dual core with 1 gig ram is still the norm for mid range tablets. Quad core and 2 gigs is still high end for the most part above the €200 mark (for a 7 inch anyway)

This would definitely benefit from cyanogenmod as touch wiz can be quite sluggish. They have a handy install guide with an app to guide you through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

pah wrote: »
    Dual core with 1 gig ram is still the norm for mid range tablets. Quad core and 2 gigs is still high end for the most part above the €200 mark (for a 7 inch anyway)

This would definitely benefit from cyanogenmod as touch wiz can be quite sluggish. They have a handy install guide with an app to guide you through it.

I don't think the 3 is officially supported yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Ardent

Was going to buy one of these as a belated xmas present but will pass on it. After hearing from others who have one and based on what pah just said, they appear to be a little sluggish. Still a good price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

This is a WiFi tab, I use a 3g dongle for my internet. Is it possible to use this with a dongle I see it has usb port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I bought an Asus Memo pad for about €62 on a HUKD deal from tesco (its finished now)

That had a single core 1ghz and 1 gig ram and 16gig storage.

It is perfectly fine for "light" usage. So a dual core tablet could only be better.

• Advertisement

decent mid-range tablet from a quality manufacturer with full warranty and bought through proper website (amazon) so a good option fo r a browsing / light-gaming / media watching tablet for €110.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Same price in sainsbury if anyone is going up north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

Are argos the best value for this for a store pick up in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Whipping Boy

The 8inch is showing as £200 here which also seems like a great saving. Anyone know if you can deliver to Ireland using Parcel Motel for Currys.co.uk? Having some trouble in registering my ROI billing address and it's €300 on Currys.ie... http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/note-8-0-white-16gb-199-99-currys-1757785#comments

Edit: The Tab 3 8inch is now showing as €250 on Currys.ie. I presume these two models are the same? Little put off by the N5110 vs. SMT310 prefix... N5110 or SMT310 http://www.currys.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-Galaxy-Tab-3-8-WiFi-Tablet-16-GB-White/319236/7.18

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Ordered a Brown one from Amazon at the £92.XX. Can anyone verify that this has GPS? I need GPS and hopefully bluetooth. Reading specs its hard to be sure. Theres a 3G version (which this isnt) but I am assuming GPS is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Gest wrote: »
    Are argos the best value for this for a store pick up in Ireland?

I see DID and Powercity are both €149 also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

The 8inch is showing as £200 here which also seems like a great saving. Anyone know if you can deliver to Ireland using Parcel Motel for Currys.co.uk? Having some trouble in registering my ROI billing address and it's €300 on Currys.ie... http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/note-8-0-white-16gb-199-99-currys-1757785#comments

Edit: The Tab 3 8inch is now showing as €250 on Currys.ie. I presume these two models are the same? Little put off by the N5110 vs. SMT310 prefix... N5110 or SMT310 http://www.currys.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-Galaxy-Tab-3-8-WiFi-Tablet-16-GB-White/319236/7.18
    Apart from the size, having played with both side by side, the 8 inch seems a far better machine - much better response and looks better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Little put off by the N5110 vs. SMT310 prefix... N5110 or SMT310
    The N5110 is a Galaxy Note, the SMT310 is a Galaxy Tab. The Note is a newer and all-round better tablet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Hi Lads, i found the Tab 3 a little sluggish so I disabled the stock launcher and installed Apex Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.launcher) and things seem to have improved dramatically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

16GB on Argos for €149.99 (Brown only)

Link to Argos
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1454796/Trail/searchtext%3ESAMSUNG+GALAXY+TAB+3.htm

Stock Check - can be ordered for delivery to most stores - be careful with ordering if you need this for Christmas as some stores will have it on 23rd and others on 27th

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1454796

Advertisement