Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hannspree 10.1'' tablet

Comments

we only pay 20 euro for out tablets on this form and not a cent more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Nook HD+ from Littlewoods is 175 and blows this out of the water. Also people can pay up front or after christmas. Far better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

sparksfly wrote: »

I saw a thread on the android forum complaining that this tablet was quite slow compared to ones with lower specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Nook HD+ from Littlewoods is 175 and blows this out of the water. Also people can pay up front or after christmas. Far better option.

Nook is not an option at all if you want a quad core processor, a 10'' screen, a camera or HDMI output.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nook is not an option at all if you want a quad core processor, a 10'' screen, a camera or HDMI output.
    Oh, well spotted re: the camera. Was tempted to go for the Nook as it seems good spec with a higher res screen (prob needed to read books).

I guess nothing is going to be perfect at the lower price bracket.

• Advertisement

Not much difference between 9 and 10 and quad core does not strictly mean smoother or faster tablet. Retina display on the nook hd+ compared to low resolution, slow hanspree. Ill take the Nook HD+ everytime.

Dont use a tablet as a camera myself so id still rather the Nook HD+ which is has a better screen than an iPad or Kindle which cost 2 or 3 times as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

I bought 2 of them last week and they are not slow at all. Very impressed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For anyone not near a DID store,all Euronics branches have them aswell for the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I bought 2 of them last week and they are not slow at all. Very impressed with them.

How are they for reading? Also do they come with a case/stand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Any recent reviews of this? I have to say for me all I want it for it is maybe browsing the internet but mostly for reading (magazines, comics, media centric publications).

The resolution on this would make me go for the above mentioned Nook HD+ first.

Nook HD+ = 1920 x 1280
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/nook-hd-1114580/review

Hannspree Hannspad = 1280x800
    http://www.misco.co.uk/Product/214015/Hannspree-Hannspad-SN1AT71-10-1-IPS-Quad-Core-Tablet-PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is the Nook available anywhere else apart from Littlewoods?

The Nook looks good but I'm not I'm interested in faffing about with roms and the like to update it.

EDIT: Do any of the did shops have the hanspree tablet on display?

How are they for reading? Also do they come with a case/stand?
    Not sure about reading a book I wouldnt use a tablet for reading books, they dont come with case or stand.

megaten wrote: »
    The Nook looks good but I'm not I'm interested in faffing about with roms and the like to update it.

The one on the N4 before you go into Lucan took one out of the box when I was there and let me use it he said he was putting it on display.

You dont have to. Come with Google Play installed.

For some people having the option to pay later with Littlewoods makes a big difference. The average person who doesnt care about technology will be just as pleased with this tablet. But anyone who does understand the differences id imagine would chose the Nook HD+.

Also for the people who think the a dual core is somehow bad remember the iPad is a dual core and is smoother and faster than nearly all of them.

I went ahead and got the hannspree. I'll report back in a day or two and say what I think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I went ahead and got the hannspree. I'll report back in a day or two and say what I think of it.

Please do, I'm thinking of getting it for an elderly relative for reading news on the Irish Times app and stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

sweetie wrote: »
    Is the Nook available anywhere else apart from Littlewoods?
    I bought 32g one but seems to out of stock now :

http://www.johnlewis.com/nook-hd-tablet-ti-omap-9-wi-fi-32gb-slate/p231809937

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Have this well tried out now. No issues.

No lag or stalling.
    Had to reduce the default screen brightness, good crisp display.
    Fast on the net and YouTube.
    Battery about 7 hours continuous surfing.

Happy overall.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a bit slow with google apps like gmail and stuff but it's been fine on most apps I've downloaded. I'm mostly just using it for reading comics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Looking for a 10" tablet. Max budget is €200. Will mainly be used for surfing the web and reading the odd book. Should I go with this tablet or are there others I should consider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looking for a 10" tablet. Max budget is €200. Will mainly be used for surfing the web and reading the odd book. Should I go with this tablet or are there others I should consider?

Outside of ordering one from China there's not too much choice in this price bracket for a half decent 10" tablet.

Mate of mine who's an Apple fan got one & is mightily impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hey I got one myself but seems to be slowing up a bit with a few apps... Downloaded a swyipe keyboard app so maybe thats what's slowing up the typing input and page refresh lag. Ill reboot to manufacturers settings and skip that keyboard app in a while. Just wondering if anyone noticed any decline. Cheers

Armelodie wrote: »
    Hey I got one myself but seems to be slowing up a bit with a few apps... Downloaded a swyipe keyboard app so maybe thats what's slowing up the typing input and page refresh lag. Ill reboot to manufacturers settings and skip that keyboard app in a while. Just wondering if anyone noticed any decline. Cheers
    Moved all the apps to SD card just to be sure. Only issue I have is it seems to take a long time to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

i bought a lenovo idealtab s6000 10.1ins tablet on amazon think there 159 at the moment very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AiRcTRL

Just to point out that it is very difficult to develop a ROM if there is no source code available for the kernel they are using. I haven't looked into it, just giving you a caveat!

Just a heads up the hannspree that I first got broke over christmas. It just refused to boot. However, DID replaced it and I had most of my stuff saved to an sd card so I didn't lose much. The new one seems to be working fine so it could have been just the first one I had was faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

A bit late for the op but Amazon have had the toshiba excite pro dipping as low as £169 (about €210) as of late. Super spec at that point including a screen resolution on par with the nexus 10 and above the iPad. Initial reviews had some issues with heat and throttling but I upgraded mine to android 4.3 and pretty happy with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement