Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-05-2018, 18:18   #16
NANOJO
Registered User
 
NANOJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 100
cheers op 1 yr added to existing sub
NANOJO is offline  
Advertisement
20-05-2018, 17:30   #17
denis1501
Registered User
 
denis1501's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 430
Thanks op, signed up for a year and then immediately added another! 5 devices protected and the option to add 5 more for only Euro 9.99 more. Fabulous bargain,
denis1501 is offline  
20-05-2018, 19:10   #18
Qwerty?
Registered User
 
Qwerty?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,167
Thanks op. Just bought my renewal a few weeks ago, decided to buy this as well to stack. So good for the next 710 daysðŸ˜
Qwerty? is offline  
(3) thanks from:
20-05-2018, 20:38   #19
Pyro Boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty? View Post
Thanks op. Just bought my renewal a few weeks ago, decided to buy this as well to stack. So good for the next 710 daysðŸ˜
Didn't know that you could stack the deal, thanks
Pyro Boy is offline  
20-05-2018, 22:24   #20
Sup08
Registered User
 
Sup08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,262
Thanks OP, great deal.
Sup08 is offline  
Advertisement
24-05-2018, 20:28   #21
Dravokivich
Moderator
 
Dravokivich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,895
Still working. Just did it now. Cheers
Dravokivich is offline  
24-05-2018, 20:46   #22
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,735
Maybe I'm blind but where on earth do you enter the promo code?
Pelvis is offline  
24-05-2018, 21:03   #23
Dravokivich
Moderator
 
Dravokivich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelvis View Post
Maybe I'm blind but where on earth do you enter the promo code?
When on the shopping cart, there's a small box at the bottom. you put it in there.
Dravokivich is offline  
Thanks from:
24-05-2018, 21:42   #24
cronos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,024
So you can buy multiple of these and apply them to the same account right?

EDIT: Tried it and yes you can. I got 722 days showing. So I guess you could do it a few years ahead if you wanted.

Last edited by cronos; 24-05-2018 at 21:59.
cronos is online now  
Advertisement
27-05-2018, 21:57   #25
byte
Registered User
 
byte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 18,366
That's a great price, thanks OP!

Ugh, having an issue installing it now, saying it needs to remove Kaspersky first. However, Kaspersky was uninstalled years ago so there's nothing to uninstall and the last AV I had til today was F-Secure. I noticed a Kaspersky folder in Program Files x86 but that can't even be manually removed as it tells me that files within are open in another program! Argh!

Did anyone else experience this issue?

Last edited by byte; 27-05-2018 at 22:48.
byte is offline  
28-05-2018, 04:00   #26
DubInTheWest
Registered User
 
DubInTheWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 381
I didn't have your exact problem before but I did have similar with a VPN. I had to use an un-installer to remove the remnants of the program so maybe it's something you can try.

There is a couple of good paid ones such as revo uninstaller but even that wouldn't work for me, I ended up using iobituninstaller. This is the link >> https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php?

I suggest installing the free version and see from the interface if you can uninstall kaspersky or the other one and then go from there.

Hopefully this works for you
DubInTheWest is offline  
Thanks from:
28-05-2018, 11:17   #27
denis160
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 392
Thanks OP, renewal just up at 69.99, renewed for 15.99! Happy days
denis160 is offline  
28-05-2018, 11:33   #28
JDxtra
Registered User
 
JDxtra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,095
Great product, have used it for years.

You can stack subs, so I now see this message "Subscription expires May 11, 2020". Happy days.
JDxtra is online now  
28-05-2018, 15:46   #29
alanowx
Registered User
 
alanowx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by byte View Post
That's a great price, thanks OP!

Ugh, having an issue installing it now, saying it needs to remove Kaspersky first. However, Kaspersky was uninstalled years ago so there's nothing to uninstall and the last AV I had til today was F-Secure. I noticed a Kaspersky folder in Program Files x86 but that can't even be manually removed as it tells me that files within are open in another program! Argh!

Did anyone else experience this issue?
Most security programs have a Removal Tool which is always recommended to use when installing a different product.

Here is the link to Kaspersky own removal tool called Kavremvr. Download the zip or exe file at bottom of page. (Expand heading - "How to use this tool". Restart computer and hopefully you should be OK.

https://support.kaspersky.com/1464#block1

alanowx is offline  
Thanks from:
28-05-2018, 19:56   #30
byte
Registered User
 
byte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 18,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanowx View Post
Most security programs have a Removal Tool which is always recommended to use when installing a different product.

Here is the link to Kaspersky own removal tool called Kavremvr. Download the zip or exe file at bottom of page. (Expand heading - "How to use this tool". Restart computer and hopefully you should be OK.

https://support.kaspersky.com/1464#block1

Thanks for that, it worked a treat! I don't know why I didn't think of an AV removal tool...

Thanks, DubInTheWest too, as your uninstaller might well have worked too!

Bitdefender now up and running
byte is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet