Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy rennet in Dublin? (to make cheese)

Options
  • 12-03-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I want to make some feta cheese. Is there any shop in Dublin you might know to buy rennet?
    or is the only way to buy it online?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Comerman

mikelata wrote: »
    I want to make some feta cheese. Is there any shop in Dublin you might know to buy rennet?

Thanks

I'm in Kilkenny but what I did was ring a local artisan cheese maker to enquire and she gave me a a small bottle for free, online was the only other option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

mikelata wrote: »

Thanks

Where do you get the culture? online also?

Is there anywhere to get un-homogenised milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭mikelata

I made yogurt recently and I bought the culture in a Bulgarian products shop in Dublin.

This time, I want to use a tbsp of commercial yogurt. The one I will use is Fage, which has Live Active Yogurt Cultures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i am not sure exactly what it is but have seen "raw milk" in temple bar food market every Saturday.

some years ago, i got cultre and rennet from a chemist shop in the Netherlands. Was unable to source it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

"Raw milk" is probably unpasteurised milk.

Homogenising distributes the cream evenly throughout the milk. Un-homogenised has a layer of cream at the top: "the top o' the milk" that you'd fight for in the morning to put on your cereal :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement