Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday night out after work

Options
  • 28-06-2010 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

im newly single and its been a long long time since I went out directly after work until the wee hours of the morning. As im single I want to dress up but I dont know what to wear so I dont look like im over doing it when im leaving work to meet friends at 5pm on a friday.

I dont want to wear jeans as I dont want ot be too covered up but I also dont wanna have a mini skirt on so early in the day, while im sober.

I was thinkin of just wearing a demin skirt and flip flops and after a few hours, put on a pair of shorts or a short skirt and high heels.

What do you usually do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

This is a really tough one and I always struggle to get it right. I get up to commute at 6.30 in the morning so there's no way I'd even dream of wearing something for going out at that hour of the morning (plus I barely have time to do more than brush my teeth!!). It's always really annoying to decide what to do with your hair too. I usually ghd curl mine before a nite out or put in extensions - neither of which I can do before work :(

As a result I always feel half dressed and not really in a going out mood on a Friday. The best advice would be to bring going out clothes in a bag and change after work but that will depend on how long you can stay after hours and on what facilities you would have for changing (we have one ladies toilet on our floor so it can be a bit of a nightmare to get really changed and make-upped here).

Can you wear jeans to work? If so then jeans and flip flops during the day, bring heels and a nice top for the evening. Jeans can be instantly dressed up with heels if they're a nice cut.

If like me you need to wear office-y clothes, then a nice fitted, sleevless shift dress with heels will do, though it can look a bit formal for a night out. having said that, the majority of the pub on Friday evenings are in office wear (in Dublin anyway) so it shouldn't be a problem.

Though it always amuses me to see the sheer amount of women who come into some pubs at half 5 on a Friday evening with six inch stilettos, tiny skirts and fresh curls. They must have a salon in their offices!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

our office has no facilites what so ever. tiny toilet in the ladies that you need to hold in your breath to close the door. no plugs anywhere near a mirror to straighten the hair plus its trousers and top type work place. i never wear a dress in work.

I was thinking of just wearing a denim skirt and flip flips and changing to shorts or skirts after a few drinks and putting on the high heels. hair will be a mare though as its too long to leave down for the whole day si i'll prob have it in a high pony tail?

being a girl sucks!!

Advertisement