Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Havaiana flip flops comfy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thank you anonymous tipster!

Have bought these ones

http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10055_-1_146597_10553

on the Barretts website, about €35 incl delivery, so not bad at all. They look really comfy and no strap to 'bite' between the toes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

im really tempted by them in barretts now (damn you michellenman!!) - im really used to flipflops though, is it hard to get used to just having a strap across the top of your foot? i wear flip flops a lot and would like something thats not so bad for my feet :/ i think id prefer these ones: http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10055_-1_90612_10553 but theyre not on sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Nah they're not :( I prefer them too, they come in a really gorgeous charcoal colour too.
    The green ones though are GORGEOUS! Seriously, they're absolutely fabulous, the most beautiful grass green colour. They're on my list for things to buy from the sale (staff discount too) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

cailin13 wrote: »
    Nice comfy pumps also an option 4€ penneys ones might see you through!
    Unless you have superstrong feet I don't know how a pair of cheap synthetic shoes from Pennys or anywhere else for that matter as most of them are all the same would be better than fitflops of birkenstocks.

There's no support for your arches so after a couple of hours on concrete your feet, legs and back would be killing you.

Birkies can be a little bit hard to break in so bring your compeed plasters. No new shoes will ever fit like a glove and you always have to wear them in for a while before they are comfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

jellie wrote: »
    im really tempted by them in barretts now (damn you michellenman!!) - im really used to flipflops though, is it hard to get used to just having a strap across the top of your foot? i wear flip flops a lot and would like something thats not so bad for my feet :/ i think id prefer these ones: http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10055_-1_90612_10553 but theyre not on sale :(

I'm just wondering about the single strap now too, are they hard to get used to? My reasoning in buying these ones were the less straps there the less there is to rub your feet! Bit worried they might keep falling off now :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Havaianas are comfortable but NO flip flop is good for your feet if you're wearing them for long periods of time. You might not notice it now, but in years to come you could well end up with fallen arches from the lack of support.

I damaged a ligament in my foot a few years ago from over-wearing my havaianas and it's still not quite right. Birkenstocks (and probably fit flops too) offer more support for your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Michellenman thanks for the tip on the Birkenstocks in barretts, I got the white 1s this evening for €29 on grafton st, they were 50 in office down the road! :) does anyone find them large fitting though? I'm usually a 5, they were too big so I tried a 4 which were still a bit big & I ended up with a 3! Was very weird, I was comparing them & the sales girl I'd been talking to agreed the 3 seemed to fit best, it was odd.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Few pairs of Birkenstocks in TK Maxx Stephen's Green today for €22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

ncmc wrote: »
    I'm just wondering about the single strap now too, are they hard to get used to? My reasoning in buying these ones were the less straps there the less there is to rub your feet! Bit worried they might keep falling off now :confused:

They're very easy to get used to and don't feel insecure. Mine feel more securely on than flipflops do. If you have the right size theres never any slippage.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Havaianas are really comfortable to wear for most people but obviously arent going to offer you any support, if you've any back pain at all it could really exacerbate it. I wouldn't advise birkenstocks either though if you're not used to them they can take ages to get used to wearing and the arch support isn't suited to everyone's feet.

If I was you I'd probably take a couple of pairs of flip flops and light runners so you'll have a choice, try to get used to wearing them first though before you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I have a pair of Havaianas and love them. I just wear them for wandering about though. I brought them to NY with me one time and wore them walking around all day. They did start to blister my feet when walking that much.

I had a pair of Birkenstocks and they cut my feet to ribbons. Probably my own fault for not breaking them in properly before walking lots in them.

So Havaianas get the thumbs up for me for light usage. But for walking around a lot I'd go with a light runner like converse or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I have a pair of Havianas; loved them last year but they are ripping my feet to shreds this year:(

I like Fitflops and Birkenstocks; I do find Birkenstocks hard to break in tho; especially the single strap across kind; so I use some of this, cut it to the shape of the strap and stick it underneath. It costs less than 4yoyos at any chemist; comes as a rectangular sheet and is available in two thicknesses; you wouldn't know looking at the sandal that it was there; and it makes them super super comfy from the first wear....RESULT!!!:D

Advertisement