Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skin cream for pigmentation

• 16-06-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used and can recommend a cream for small sun exposure pigmentations. I foolishly spent a summer in the states and stopped using sunscreen once my skin adapted to the sun. I now have small pigmentations (or, well 'large freckles') and I've seen a few creams that reduce them. I am just unsure what to use without recommendations...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

are you sure you don't have melasma?? no cure for it although i hear there are laser treatments etc, google it. Don't waste your money on a dermatologist if you suspect you have it, nothing can be done, make sure to use a good sun block on the area, even when not sunny, it eventually fades lighter if you do this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

This is quite a good product for combating pigmentation damage. It only has small amounts of gycolic acid in it compared to salon products. If you start using it you MUST use at least spf30 on your face and neck as it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun.

http://www.feelunique.com/p/md-formulations-Facial-Cleanser-250ml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 chocoholic

I think I have melasma. I have a dark patch on my forehaed that gets darker when I'm exposed to sun. I heard it's linked to the pill so I've stopped taking it recently. I was going to go to the doctor but I knew she was going to tell me the same thing. Does anyone know of any creams that could help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

is it linked to the pill? I know its linked with pregnancy - think they call that version cholasma or something? There are creams acidic based but from what i heard they aint much use - but i too would be glad to hear of some!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Can you treat facial pigmentation with laser?

• Advertisement

This is quite a good product for combating pigmentation damage. It only has small amounts of gycolic acid in it compared to salon products. If you start using it you MUST use at least spf30 on your face and neck as it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun.

http://www.feelunique.com/p/md-formulations-Facial-Cleanser-250ml

I've been using MD Formulations stuff and it's absolutely fantastic! Its very mild, and doesn't leave your skin tight or dry. It's great for keeping your skin clear - and you can get it cheaper on ebay. Buy the cleanser if you're going to just buy one product. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

If it is melasma try MSM powder. People swear by it. Have a Google. The Solgar vitamins label is the best one - most good health food stores sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

God I can't believe it, after reading this thread I think i have melasma aswell.
    I have a very light dark patch (if you know what i mean) just to the left of each eye that always darkens quite alot in the sun and it does my head in as it can be quite noticeable. It looks like i've dirt on my face but I always just thought it was one of those things and I'd be stuck with it!

I see it can be caused by the pill well i'm just after coming off it for a break i'll have to keep an eye on it and see if it fades.

Thank god for boards I know it isn't serious (after googling) but even though at least i know it can be treated.

I had one of those dark 'splodges' on the side of my face near my temple. It started to get really dark and slightly raised this summer, so I went to a consultant to have a biopsy. It was absolutely fine, but he did give me a session of laser to remove it over in Blackrock Clinic - 3 weeks later it was gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Glowing wrote: »
    I had one of those dark 'splodges' on the side of my face near my temple. It started to get really dark and slightly raised this summer, so I went to a consultant to have a biopsy. It was absolutely fine, but he did give me a session of laser to remove it over in Blackrock Clinic - 3 weeks later it was gone!

wow really - i was told if you get it lasered and if you let the sun at it again, it comes back much darker? did he/she mention this? Any chance of posting/pming me the name of the consultant, cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement