Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Elzaam

Options
  • 30-10-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭

Lot 489 today around 11. 15 is YORKTHOROUGHBREDRACING'S Prince Elzaam.

Has a high enough reserve imo so he may not be sold but we shall see,goes back in training with David OMeara if not sold and that may not be a bad thing.

Will have to improve again next year to be competitive of 89/90 but has not had a hard race yet and was not knocked about so improvement could be there. He will be able to run in a lot of decent handicaps next season and could have a spin or two on the AW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Withdrawn at 65.000 sold outside the ring to the Royal Bahraini family and will race in Dubai a bit more than I thought we would get so now we are going to buy 2.Not a bad result for one who cost 15000 .Sorry the final bid was in 60,000 as can be seen on the sale results.I was watching live on my phone and I heard the auctioneer look for a bid of 65000 but the colt was sold for 60000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Assuming the syndicate is sharing the proceeds.

If so, well done.

abarkie wrote: »
    Assuming the syndicate is sharing the proceeds.

If so, well done.

Yes we are,the horse is owned entirely by the 13 of us but as far as I know we are reinvesting in 1 or 2 depending on price.We are looking at a 4 year old entire who was running in class 2 handicaps and had gone off the boil a bit if the money is right we might buy him tomorrow have him gelded and send him from Newmarket to York to David Omeara to try to sweeten him up.

We will probably buy a 2 year old at the breeze up sales as we did last year.

Sad in a way to see him go but at least I have the cap Lol.

Sad in a way to see him go but at least I have the cap Lol.
    Hope the next one is as good or better!

• Advertisement

Yes we are,the horse is owned entirely by the 13 of us but as far as I know we are reinvesting in 1 or 2 depending on price.We are looking at a 4 year old entire who was running in class 2 handicaps and had gone off the boil a bit if the money is right we might buy him tomorrow have him gelded and send him from Newmarket to York to David Omeara to try to sweeten him up.

We will probably buy a 2 year old at the breeze up sales as we did last year.

Failed to buy at the sales,one had a health issue and the one i really liked ZAMANDAS made 55.000,had won 2 on the AW when trained by Varian for Qatar Racing and had a rating that we felt was on the low side.

So it will be the Breeze Up sales again early next year and i hope we are lucky again as we were with Prince.All agreed that the syndicate manager buys two for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Well done on the sale Zimmer.

Did you have your eye on any few or does the syndicate manager look after everything?

Think Chessman might have been good value at 12k

Well done on the sale Zimmer.

Did you have your eye on any few or does the syndicate manager look after everything?

Think Chessman might have been good value at 12k

The manager of our syndicate has an honour in Equine Science and has plenty of experience of working with horses and rides out regularly for a Newmarket trainer while working in the industry. The other director is an assistant trainer for a top yard in Newmarket,we are all friends and relatives and while there would be some discussion about purchases (as we,the members own the horses) we would leave it to them to select which horse to purchase at the sales having more or less agreed what to spend.

The hores are bought at the sales and sold at the sales,unless we decide otherwise and while we were interested in a couple at Tatts we will buy at the breeze-up sale as we did last year and hope to do as well.

David Meara will train one and also advise at the sales.Half the group live around York and the other half in Ireland, if we get two we might have one trained in Newmarket and down the line we would like to have one in Ireland with Ger LYONS.

On the form of the run behind Burnt Sugar Chessman would be a steal at that money,ran as if carrying some some
    kind of injury on last 2 runs.If sorted out and down a few pounds,stepped up to a mile would win races and i will keep an eye open for the horse.

We are looking at a Dandyman yearling and the plan is to buy at least one more at the breeze up sale.

Five new ppl want to invest i am told and some want bigger shares than the 5% and 10% that is the current practice.

So a third horse may be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

We are looking at a Dandyman yearling and the plan is to buy at least one more at the breeze up sale.

Five new ppl want to invest i am told and some want bigger shares than the 5% and 10% that is the current practice.

The boom is back ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Rock on dandy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

How much for a 5% stake? It's something I've been interested in getting into for sure. Feel free to PM me.

I will send you details of the website and they will send you a brochure,actually York Thoroughbred racing have a very good facebook page with lots of photos inc the racing manager Jodi whose photo, phone number etc is on the page.

Got a Dandyman yearling who is already with David Omeara who originally bought the colt at the yearling sales,buying one more at the Breeze Up sales and matbe a third depending on the prices.

Looking forward to a good year with Yorkthoroughbred Racing and hopefully we will be lucky enough to get another winner.

A few more have joined the syndicate and we hope to enjoy some good days out.

PRINCE ELZAAM has his first run for his new owner sheikh Sultan at 3.05 our time 7.05 Meydan on thursday,have not looked at the race yet but as it is worth $100,000 there are bound to be some rated well above the "prince.

I hope he runs well for them.

Had a look at the race and even if ready "PRINCE" has a lot to find on ratings with a few in the race,the 33/1 with PP looks about right and unless he has improved a good bit in the sun he should not be involved at the business end and a top 6 finish would be very good and auger well for the future.

I might just stick a fiver ew on out of sentiment.

Had a look at the race and even if ready "PRINCE" has a lot to find on ratings with a few in the race,the 33/1 with PP looks about right and unless he has improved a good bit in the sun he should not be involved at the business end and a top 6 finish would be very good and auger well for the future.

I might just stick a fiver ew on out of sentiment.[/QUOTE

The horse ran very well making up a lot of ground to finish 6th btn a nose for 5th and not given a hard race under hands and heels look likely to win races and given favourable mention as one to benefit from a step up in trip.sp 40/1

Prince Elzaam goes in the 3 40 at Meydan tomorrow.Highly tried again and has a bit to find with a few in the race but ran well last time and could do so againand has O Murphy on board.. I will watch it in Portugal and have a tenner ew.

Prince ran well once again in 4th.Will probably win a race when stepped up to a mile.

Prince Elzaam is out again tomorrow in the 3.05 at Meydan,7 or 8 0f the 15 runners have form with the "prince",a few finishing in front and a few finishing behind him.

As i already stated he should be suited by the step up to a mile but so may a few others and again he is highly tried in a listed race worth about €88,000 to the winner.The horse needs to improve a little to be involved in the finish but only having had two runs out there improvement may be possible and i suppose i will have to have a little ew (should be a decent price) and watch the race with interest.

• Advertisement

Prince Elzaam is opposed by the 3 that finished ahead of him last time,he was not beaten far (2 1/2 lengths) and was slightly impeded and not knocked about.

PP go 4 places and i have a tenner ew at 20s and i may have the same again in one of the shops as i believe the extra furlong will suit him.

Advertisement