Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRFU- Supporters Club

• 06-12-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Received an email today from the supporters club stating that rather then the usual first come first served nature of the Supporters Club sale, we will now all be entered into a ballot. If choose for a ticket we are guaranteed one, but then its first come first served regarding the seat and price.

Understand how demand has gone up but I really don't see the point in putting everyone into a blind ballot when the original sale was as good as anyway.

I've paid up for the last 4/5 years as I was always at my pc for 10 o clock the morning of the sale and always got something. Now we are pretty much being asked to pay 50 quid a year to enter a raffle for tickets that could wind up costing 90 a head.

Bit of a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I fear this is what you do if you have next to no tickets but don't want to make it extremely obvious. If we all logged in at 10am to find no tickets, it would be clear. This way, you get a "sorry, you were unsuccessful" email and you're none the wiser that they've gutted the number of tickets available. Just think of the tiny number of Leinster Season Ticket holders who are successful in their ballot.

Complete crap from the IRFU - I'm tempted to ask for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

Worth noting that they have also shut the forum down on the Supporters website, so any trading or info can't be swapped between members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭KBurke85

I fear this is what you do if you have next to no tickets but don't want to make it extremely obvious. If we all logged in at 10am to find no tickets, it would be clear. This way, you get a "sorry, you were unsuccessful" email and you're none the wiser that they've gutted the number of tickets available. Just think of the tiny number of Leinster Season Ticket holders who are successful in their ballot.

Complete crap from the IRFU - I'm tempted to ask for a refund.

Please do one less person to compete with in the ballot :D

To be fair they do clearly state that joining the club is no guarantee of getting tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Please do one less person to compete with in the ballot :D

To be fair they do clearly state that joining the club is no guarantee of getting tickets

They absolutely do state that but up until now it wouldn’t have been unfair to say that your fate was in your own hands with regards to getting tickets. If you were on the site bang on 10 then you chances were quite good.

Now you’re essentially paying €50 for a raffle ticket to be allowed to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

That’s really disappointing there’s literally no point now.

People in the supporters club who really really cared were logged in and ready to fight for a ticket, had the date in the calendar etc. I know a few people who had them that weren’t as interested and miss the date of pre sale but it was a fair enough system. I say that as someone who missed out for ABs but did ok other years.

Now it’s 50 quid for a lotto ticket for a chance to buy a ticket. It was the one route a person without links to a club had to six nations tickets. The only reason for this change is that they’re putting less and less tickets. Too much demand from clubs now that the team are going so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

How does being in the club affect getting away tickets? I'm looking to get Scotland this year. I really hope it's not a poxy raffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

No offence but I've got very little pity for you or others in the Supporter Club Draws, OP.

There are those of us who pay thousands in raffle tickets, player sponsorships, blitzes, tag, golf days, table quizzes, bag packing, shirt sponsorships, dinner, balls, pads, kit fees and club memberships over the years. Others drive kids and team mates here and there and everywhere, they badger companies to chip in lump sums, they attend after work committee or red card meetings mid week, referee games, they make sangiges and soup, they mark and dress pitches, they clean changing rooms and shirts and make sure they are open day and night, they fill water bottles and first aid bags, they drive injured played to casualty units, they even call into local schools to talk to their players and teachers to let them know that our club is the best club to play for outside of the school system.

All of this costs us a hell of a lot more than €50 a season. And rest assured none of this assures any of us of tickets either, not even club captains or committee men and women. So sorry, please don't pretend that you are unjustly losing out here. If anything, it's those of us in the clubs who are losing out, not the other way around. At least provincial seasonal ticket holders are regular to their respective home games.

So sorry, please don't pretend that you are unjustly losing out here. At least provincial seasonal ticket holders are regular to their respective home games.

When you've been paying for a service for several years and the service is changed without notice after you've paid, then you are unjustly losing out on something.

Provincial season ticket holders get practically no tickets - at least in Leinster. Of course volunteers should get a first preference but if you think the IRFU are cutting down on tickets to the Supporters Club and Provincial Season Ticket Holders in order to give them to all the volunteers, then I admire your optimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

When you've been paying for a service for several years and the service is changed without notice after you've paid, then you are unjustly losing out on something.

Provincial season ticket holders get practically no tickets - at least in Leinster. Of course volunteers should get a first preference but if you think the IRFU are cutting down on tickets to the Supporters Club and Provincial Season Ticket Holders in order to give them to all the volunteers, then I admire your optimism.
    But you're not losing unjustly.
    Provincial season ticket holders in all provinces do get decent enough chance at tickets.
    The IRFU could(ive no idea) be giving some more tickets to clubs(not volunteers) big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You're not paying for any service. You're paying to be a member of a supporter's club.

• Advertisement

No offence but I've got very little pity for you or others in the Supporter Club Draws, OP.

There are those of us who pay thousands in raffle tickets, player sponsorships, blitzes, tag, golf days, table quizzes, bag packing, shirt sponsorships, dinner, balls, pads, kit fees and club memberships over the years. Others drive kids and team mates here and there and everywhere, they badger companies to chip in lump sums, they attend after work committee or red card meetings mid week, referee games, they make sangiges and soup, they mark and dress pitches, they clean changing rooms and shirts and make sure they are open day and night, they fill water bottles and first aid bags, they drive injured played to casualty units, they even call into local schools to talk to their players and teachers to let them know that our club is the best club to play for outside of the school system.

All of this costs us a hell of a lot more than €50 a season. And rest assured none of this assures any of us of tickets either, not even club captains or committee men and women. So sorry, please don't pretend that you are unjustly losing out here. If anything, it's those of us in the clubs who are losing out, not the other way around. At least provincial seasonal ticket holders are regular to their respective home games.

Nonsense lots of people in the supporters club do those things without looking for a pat on the back. They’re not mutually exclusive. Loads more go to the provincial games as well. That’s the same what about the lads buttering the sambos nonsense that went through the GAA for decades until they eventually rewarded fans who went to games with an all Ireland ticket if they had a certain percentage. There’s no fairness to the rugby tickets.

Raisins wrote: »
    Nonsense lots of people in the supporters club do those things without looking for a pat on the back. They’re not mutually exclusive. Loads more go to the provincial games as well. That’s the same what about the lads buttering the sambos nonsense that went through the GAA for decades until they eventually rewarded fans who went to games with an all Ireland ticket if they had a certain percentage. There’s no fairness to the rugby tickets.
    There is more than enough fairness. A lot of tickets go to the clubs and their members.
    Generally there is much fewer games on weekends of internationals compared to other weekends. These people dont do it for a pat on the back.
    the tickets should be going in the main to the constituent clubs, schools, branch referees, etc ahead of anyone else. If anything left by all means give the tickets to supporters club.
    I have time to go to plenty of Connacht/Munster games but mainly because i work matchdays in the grounds but otherwise i wouldnt and many club members dont because theyre at club games. On international weekends its different and they usually can get to the test. they more than deserve tickets over others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Nonsense lots of people in the supporters club do those things without looking for a pat on the back..

Nah, the IRFU supporters club is a purely commercial fabrication

You sound like you have a lot of time on your hands, fair play to you. I don't.

I never complained about 'unjustly loosing out'. I understand its always a raffle to some degree, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

I just think its a shame that they have gone down the ballot route without a heads up to the people who part with their cash year in year out.

How does being in the club affect getting away tickets? I'm looking to get Scotland this year. I really hope it's not a poxy raffle.

Im pretty sure you can only get tickets for home games through the supporter's club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I know people in the Supporter's Club who would have been ready, waiting, and refreshing and missed out on tickets. And they paid their yearly subscription for that early access code. Aren't both systems just a lottery, but in a different guise?

🤪

lawred2 wrote: »
    You're not paying for any service. You're paying to be a member of a supporter's club.

Spade a spade. You're paying for a small chance of being able to buy tickets.
    (As much as I enjoy the bi-monthly newsletter they send out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Just buy them from the SRU, their tickets go on public sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I know people in the Supporter's Club who would have been ready, waiting, and refreshing and missed out on tickets. And they paid their yearly subscription for that early access code. Aren't both systems just a lottery, but in a different guise?

I've been the victim of Ticketmaster and their coal powered servers before.

People complaining that "it is now a raffle" clearly didn't realise that it always was really.

There were people that were diligent at 10am and ready for tickets (myself included) but myself and countless others have been caught out in the past by Ticketmaster crashing out and losing out in the process.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just buy them from the SRU, their tickets go on public sale?

so far only selling them as a 3 game package, getting worried myself I have to say. every other year I've just bought them direct from SRU

• Advertisement

But you're not losing unjustly.
    Provincial season ticket holders in all provinces do get decent enough chance at tickets.
    The IRFU could(ive no idea) be giving some more tickets to clubs(not volunteers) big difference.

How many tickets do they allocate to Leinster season ticket holders?

If you change what you've been doing for years without notice having first charged the customer, then I'd count it as unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't think Connacht season ticket holders ever get six nations ticket lotteries even. Do get the odd chance to buy from a handful of Autumn Internationals though.

So basically the supporters club is the only realistic chance I have to get to home Ireland matches. That's not to say I deserve them over volunteers heavily involved in the grassroots/clubs/sponsors. I have gone to France, Scotland and Chicago for Ireland matches though but that's not taken into consideration when IRFU has little to no control over away game allocations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

What is the best way to get tickets- honestly?
    I am a Munster season ticket holder and an IRFU supporters club member- but always struggle to get international tickets.

I'm kinda stuck in that awkward position whereby I have lived away from home for a long time so have lost touch with my home club and am too old/injury prone to join a club in Dublin so that doesnt seem to be a goer!

What is the best way to get tickets- honestly?
    I am a Munster season ticket holder and an IRFU supporters club member- but always struggle to get international tickets.

I'm kinda stuck in that awkward position whereby I have lived away from home for a long time so have lost touch with my home club and am too old/injury prone to join a club in Dublin so that doesnt seem to be a goer!

get involved with the underage sides

most clubs are crying out all the time for new coaches

I know ours always is - start with the under 6s and work away up

still might not get you a ticket mind - hasn't worked for me yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

most clubs are crying out all the time for new coaches

I know ours always is - start with the under 6s and work away up

still might not get you a ticket mind - hasn't worked for me yet

I had ruled that out as an option due to having no sprogs myself

It’s not the case that all the tickets going to clubs go to volunteers. A mate of mine was invited to a corporate gig for the all blacks match with 15 others. All the tickets were stamped with the name of a medium sized rugby club. People will say that’s a fair enough way for the club to raise funds but I don’t think it should be allowed.

It’s not the case that all the tickets going to clubs go to volunteers. A mate of mine was invited to a corporate gig for the all blacks match with 15 others. All the tickets were stamped with the name of a medium sized rugby club. People will say that’s a fair enough way for the club to raise funds but I don’t think it should be allowed.

A lot of clubs do this it's an important way for them to raise funds.

I had ruled that out as an option due to having no sprogs myself

go to a club and say you're willing to help out with any age group

you won't be turned away

KBurke85 wrote: »
    A lot of clubs do this it's an important way for them to raise funds.

Yeah fair enough I knew that but is it the right way to go about it?

The IRFU have a very misleading figure in their books regarding how many tickets at each match are corporate. The IRFU have their own corporate tickets which they allocate and then the clubs set up a different layer of corporate tickets underneath. If it was defensible then the Union would be transparent about it. There's ordinary fans then paying touts more than the corporate value on viagogo and seatwave. The whole thing is a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

There's ordinary fans then paying touts more than the corporate value on viagogo and seatwave. The whole thing is a mess.

There is no game on this green earth that I would give a tout money for a ticket, they are the lowest of the low. I'd rather miss a game than support them. If people didn't buy tickets from them it would soon stop.

Doesn't even have to be coaching. Clubs need lots of people on the non playing side as well and will rarely turn a set of hands away, especially if you have a useful skill to offer.

PMC83 wrote: »
    You sound like you have a lot of time on your hands, fair play to you. I don't.

I never complained about 'unjustly loosing out'. I understand its always a raffle to some degree, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

I just think its a shame that they have gone down the ballot route without a heads up to the people who part with their cash year in year out.

I don't have a lot of time on my hands either. I do however like to give something back to the sport and to my club. Paying €50 on the assumption that it's a ticket club is not what it's all about. That hashtag #fromthegroundup is there with a good reason.
    The IRFU have a very misleading figure in their books regarding how many tickets at each match are corporate. The IRFU have their own corporate tickets which they allocate and then the clubs set up a different layer of corporate tickets underneath. If it was defensible then the Union would be transparent about it. There's ordinary fans then paying touts more than the corporate value on viagogo and seatwave. The whole thing is a mess.

The whole thing isn't a mess. Large corporate sponsors and respective away unions get a share on the days. Constituent clubs and bodies of the IRFU however get the vast majority of the tickets. After that excess tickets are sold to the general public. Clubs do not get added corporate tickets at all. They get their allocations and it's up to them to sell them as they wish.

I really don't think it's unfair that those involved within the game, the real ordinary supporters, get dibs over those who don't have an involvement in the game. Yes there are touts but that's demand related, it is not unique to the IRFU. There are plenty of empty seats at the Pro 14 games on a weekly basis that ordinary fans could go to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Yeah fair enough I knew that but is it the right way to go about it?

Touts are absolute scum.

You can't really compare "lack of transparency" from the IRFU and ticket touting the the same grievance paragraph.

The issue here is the stadium is 51,000 and the amount of people who currently want to attend a big rugby game is possibly twice that. There is a lot of mouths to feed and it is just not possible at the moment.

I don't have a lot of time on my hands either. I do however like to give something back to the sport and to my club. Paying €50 on the assumption that it's a ticket club is not what it's all about. That hashtag #fromthegroundup is there with a good reason.

Look- fair play to you for getting involved and giving back.
    No ones assuming the €50 entitles them to anything and that's been touched on by a few people in this thread.

I wouldn't have an issue paying 50 quid to the local club for a raffle there (and have done) as it would at least be going directly to the club or related charity.

My issue is that I have essentially just done the same thing (unknowingly), and the money is going right into the IRFU'S back pocket. If id know this was the case before I renewed, I wouldn't have. But funnily this info wasn't relayed to me when I was emailed saying I would need to renew.

My issue isn't about the possibility of not getting tickets, its about the total lack of transparency in how they are handed out.

clubs do not get added corporate tickets at all. They get their allocations and it's up to them to sell them as they wish.

I really don't think it's unfair that those involved within the game, the real ordinary supporters, get dibs over those who don't have an involvement in the game. Yes there are touts but that's demand related, it is not unique to the IRFU. There are plenty of empty seats at the Pro 14 games on a weekly basis that ordinary fans could go to as well.

Who are the real ordinary supporters? I played rugby for a long time at school and club but then moved to Dublin. I'm a member of the supporters club for years and spent thousands travelling to support the international team. If my kid was playing rugby and I went down on Sunday to make tea I'd be more worthy?

None of that addresses the point I was making anyway. I'm not saying they shouldn't have dibs. It's their ability to sell the dibs off to companies to make money that I have a problem with.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is not the solution but for example if they wanted to the IRFU could hold back another 10,000 tickets and make them corporate and then share that dividend among all the clubs in a transparent way. Instead everyone pretends the grassroots should be given a chance to attend games and the club allocation is kept at a certain level and is then (by some clubs) skimmed away to corporates. You should either take those tickets for members and volunteers to attend or give them back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

PMC83 wrote: »
    My issue is that I have essentially just done the same thing (unknowingly), and the money is going right into the IRFU'S back pocket. If id know this was the case before I renewed, I wouldn't have. But funnily this info wasn't relayed to me when I was emailed saying I would need to renew.

If you feel this strongly about it, my advice would be to contact the IRFU with regards a refund, stating these reasons. It seems pretty reasonable to me, so I'd imagine you'd get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

I'm involved in my local club, member of MRSC, and IRFU supporters club.

Always got Irish tickets via IRFU supporters club as I put in a tonne of effort (notes in diary, on ticketmaster early, waiting for sale, credit card up to date etc etc). I put in the work and got the tickets. Seeing as effort no longer helps and its random I don't see any point in keeping my membership. I already am in other lottos for tickets.

JMNolan wrote: »
    I'm involved in my local club, member of MRSC, and IRFU supporters club.

Always got Irish tickets via IRFU supporters club as I put in a tonne of effort (notes in diary, on ticketmaster early, waiting for sale, credit card up to date etc etc). I put in the work and got the tickets. Seeing as effort no longer helps and its random I don't see any point in keeping my membership. I already am in other lottos for tickets.

I think your definition of work and effort and mine might differ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

I think your definition of work and effort and mine might differ :D

It's more than nothing and always worked so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭twinytwo

pc7 wrote: »
    There is no game on this green earth that I would give a tout money for a ticket, they are the lowest of the low. I'd rather miss a game than support them. If people didn't buy tickets from them it would soon stop.

Exactly, if i am unable to get a ticket for face value.. no matter how badly i would like to go to the game. I just watch it on telly at home.

Touts are the scum of the earth and the sooner ticket touting is stopped the better

• Advertisement

Touts are absolute scum.

You can't really compare "lack of transparency" from the IRFU and ticket touting the the same grievance paragraph.

The issue here is the stadium is 51,000 and the amount of people who currently want to attend a big rugby game is possibly twice that. There is a lot of mouths to feed and it is just not possible at the moment.

That’s not true the capacity has created a problem that the IRFU have zero interest in addressing with fairness and transparency. There’s no pathway for a person with no connections to their club secretary to get tickets.

I’ve never bought a ticket from a tout but they prey on fans desperate to attend games. The corporate aspect is impacting on the number of regular tickets in the market. Corporate tickets are tax efficient for the companies buying them they’re a different bracket. All I’m saying is desperate fans are paying hundreds to touts which is actually bordering on the price of a corporate ticket with a meal and open bar. The same arguments were made in the GAA for ages that the club allocations couldn’t be touched but eventually they brought in the season ticket.

Who are the real ordinary supporters? I played rugby for a long time at school and club but then moved to Dublin. I'm a member of the supporters club for years and spent thousands travelling to support the international team. If my kid was playing rugby and I went down on Sunday to make tea I'd be more worthy?

None of that addresses the point I was making anyway. I'm not saying they shouldn't have dibs. It's their ability to sell the dibs off to companies to make money that I have a problem with.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is not the solution but for example if they wanted to the IRFU could hold back another 10,000 tickets and make them corporate and then share that dividend among all the clubs in a transparent way. Instead everyone pretends the grassroots should be given a chance to attend games and the club allocation is kept at a certain level and is then (by some clubs) skimmed away to corporates. You should either take those tickets for members and volunteers to attend or give them back.
    Nobody is saying these people have dibs. There will always be people who will sell off tickets regardless of system in place.
    Holding back another 10000 tickets isnt needed by IRFU. They dont have to do it. Clubs should be allowed the percentage of tickets they get. Some(many/most) clubs use their tickets as fundraisers for the activities of their club and running their club but if they are open with their members that they do it then why should there be an issue?
    That’s not true the capacity has created a problem that the IRFU have zero interest in addressing with fairness and transparency. There’s no pathway for a person with no connections to their club secretary to get tickets.

I’ve never bought a ticket from a tout but they prey on fans desperate to attend games. The corporate aspect is impacting on the number of regular tickets in the market. Corporate tickets are tax efficient for the companies buying them they’re a different bracket. All I’m saying is desperate fans are paying hundreds to touts which is actually bordering on the price of a corporate ticket with a meal and open bar. The same arguments were made in the GAA for ages that the club allocations couldn’t be touched but eventually they brought in the season ticket.
    But it is far from clubs who get tickets. Its the ref associations, provincial/irfu committees and lots of other areas of game.

Who are the real ordinary supporters? I played rugby for a long time at school and club but then moved to Dublin. I'm a member of the supporters club for years and spent thousands travelling to support the international team. If my kid was playing rugby and I went down on Sunday to make tea I'd be more worthy? .

If you have a direct involvement in the game with a rugby club or school or committee or whatever then yes, you should get first call on tickets. You clearly think otherwise and that you deserve better but there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

As do you, for different reasons. Which is fine.

I think that some, like OP, people who resubbed for the supporters club are miffed because the supporters club has been for all practical purposes, a €50 fee to get some potential access to specific tickets that you want. Which is what it's been for the last while. Anything else has been window dressing, no one does it for the scarf and the newsletters.

That's no longer the case, it's now a random potential allocation of one ticket to a game and you've no recourse. I realise that you don't have sympathy/give a **** because you/others contribute more to the grassroots game but you're not really who this thread is aimed at - of course you can still have your say. But it's more that people signed up again this year with the realistic expection that it would match what went on in previous years, but that's not the case. That's a legitimate grievance.

Yours is a whole other grievance which is that grassroots members that devote their time to clubs etc don't get what you feel is appropriate representation in ticket opportunities. Totally different argument, and completely legitimate, but aimed at the wrong crowd. Should be aimed at the IRFU. It appears now to be aimed at the supporters club members in some odd "I'm better than you so I deserve more" post. I don't get that. Or rather, I do, but I don't know why it's aimed at supporters club members and not the 'authorities'.

I really don't think it's unfair that those involved within the game, the real ordinary supporters, get dibs
    I'm not saying they shouldn't have dibs. It's their ability to sell the dibs off to companies to make money that I have a problem with.
    Nobody is saying these people have dibs..

What are you talking about Losty used the word to refer to club members priority and I agreed with that.
    You clearly think otherwise and that you deserve better but there you go.

Your condescension is unnecessary I don’t think “I deserve better” or priorty over people in clubs. I made a point about how many tickets in 51,000 stadium are actually corporate. Some agree and some don’t which is fine.

Your only purpose was to come into the supporters club thread and sneer at anyone in here who is a member and who might be disappointed in the last few days. Thanks for letting us know you’ve no pity for us. As a previous poster said you have a lot of time on your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,922 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

still trying too understand this whole new ticket thing

so there will be members who get **** all and only a few will be randomly choosen too purchase tickets ??

Are u guranteed tickets if u are selected ??

PTH2009 wrote: »

so there will be members who get **** all and only a few will be randomly choosen too purchase tickets ??

Was talking to somebody from the Connacht branch about this yesterday at Perpignan. Basically a significant decrease from the Autumn Internationals ticket allocation means that there's a lottery for tickets for the six nations. If you are lucky enough you'll be notified by email tomorrow with a link for a sale on Tuesday. If you don't get the England game you will be in a draw for the French match. If you don't buy the tickets in the 24 hour window the tickets won't be redistributed to supporters club so it's do or die tomorrow afternoon.

Long story short unless you're going to one of the away games there's a very low chance of seeing any six nations live this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

PTH2009 wrote: »

from my understanding, youll get a chance to buy 2 tickets which may not be together. 2 draws one for each game, if you are drawn in the first one you wont be in the second draw etc.

its tomorrow we find out?

irishgeo wrote: »
    from my understanding, youll get a chance to buy 2 tickets which may not be together. 2 draws one for each game, if you are drawn in the first one you wont be in the second draw etc.

its tomorrow we find out?

Afternoon you will know whether or not you have been lucky enough. You won't get any emails unless you get picked from the ballot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

2 tickets for Ireland v england - yaba daba doo!

renewed the membership in October but thought it was a bit of a no hoper getting tickets with this lottery system but nicely surprised

• Advertisement
Advertisement