Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster the new Lada?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

while the dacia is a bit of boring basic car....

strangley since 2017 its only had 2 recalls

BMW on other hand a Premium brand for example the 3 series has had at least 6 recalls

Alos JD Power survey for dependability

Dacia destroys BMW

BMW is a better car to drive but does that mean they are better built or more reliable than a Dacia? recalls and JD says nope

https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
    UK recalls for all cars search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

BTW, Lada is the new Lada...you just can't buy it here :D

vesta-swc%20(8).jpg
    vesta-swc%20(7).jpg

18 k list price in Germany as pictured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Lada Largus literally is a Dacia.

B193-E5-A8-3-AFC-42-C8-8325-4-E7-DE588-AC8-C.jpg
    15811-D97-2377-46-B8-ABD2-0-DB98-B136-E92.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

might have something to do with the fact that Renault also has its fingers in the Lada pie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jesus that Lada looks well

• Advertisement

The surface on the doors is interesting, I think I’ve seen it on other Ladas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lada here, but it's sold

http://www.adverts.ie/2725900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭alias no.9

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The Lada Largus literally is a Dacia.

Snigger... Lada Lard Ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭sk8board

Irrespective of being good or bad, cheap or not, the Dacia Duster is a THREE star ncap rated car.

In the main manufacturers, people lose their jobs for getting 4 stars, 3 stars would be unfathomable.

If you want a Dacia, that’s the difference.

3 stars in 2017 NCAP like a Ford C-Max, Citroen DS3, Kia Stonic, Toyota Aygo, Ford Mustang, and Suzuki Swift. All of them known deathtraps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If you actually look at why it only got 3 stars, it's because it lost points on "passenger friendliness" as well as for not having as many computerised safety features as other cars. It did quite well for occupant safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Last year the fiat panda got zero stars, so a Duster can't be that bad. If you go filling the Duster with all the high tech safety technology then it will be a lot more expensive. They sell so well because they are cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭sk8board

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Last year the fiat panda got zero stars, so a Duster can't be that bad. If you go filling the Duster with all the high tech safety technology then it will be a lot more expensive. They sell so well because they are cheap

I think that’s the point though, they’ve removed most of the newer safety tech to hit the value proposition. Absolutely fine.
    I think that 3 stars is unacceptable to many people buying a brand new family car, myself included.
    I’d argue most people don’t check ncap any more, it’s almost a given.

Example: The Aygo and Up are similarly priced - if we put them side by side and told buyers the safety ratings, it would surely make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

EPAndlee wrote: »

I had to check that... Protection for kids in the back seats is at lowest level ever.

How is this even allowed to be on the road?

The Euro NCAP is a bit farsical. They’re docking points for the font used on isofix labels. The cars are specifically engineered to do well in the test, much the same as the emissions cycle.
    Then you have the ever changing standards where a 5 star rating from a few years previous becomes 1 star on the retest.

Take something like a first gen Volvo XC90. Safest car around at launch. Deathrap in hindsight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

downburst wrote: »
    Agree, it reminds me of the Renault 4 and I think it’s a great looking car along with loving the idea of the affordability and utilitarianism in the offering. But! since I’ve taken note of them I’ve also noted some crazy driving; speeding, no indicators and general odd driving. Still love the idea of them and I wish anyone well who goes for one.

That kind of driving is exhibited by some drivers of every make of car.

Advertisement