Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTLP new EU emission test

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

I see Nissan are advertising on the radio that they have frozen pre-WLTP pricing which implies the price would have went up.

I called our local Kia garage and they told me the Sportage has gone up by 2K but not because of WLTP but with the added Extras, in reality except a few styling changes nothing really new on the car. The big change is the engine has gone for 1.7 Diesel to 1.6 Diesel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

We were out looking last week. Herself wanted a Merc GLA. Was reasonable (for a Merc) 1.6 petrol at €33K. Now 38K.....Road tax €570 for the 1.6, €390 for the auto. 1.5 diesel now starts at 40K :eek: 2 year warranty. Very basic spec.

Went to Audi - A4 can't get past emissions standard in manual petrol. If you order a manual now, they will give you an auto free, as they cannot get manuals. Prices being kept really close to their chest at the moment. No prices on their website.

Went to Lexus to have a look at CT200. Gone up nearly 4K. Prices/spec on their website is all wrong.

All 3 dealers very, very quiet. I know business would be normally done a lot earlier, but the guy in Audi admitted it very quiet, and they'd be dead altogether only for PCP.

A6 is 10 years old needs Timing belt, service, heater blower and door handle fixing, so time to say goodbye. New CT200 due in February. I did say we should start looking in August. Maybe next time she'll listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

whiterebel wrote: »
    We were out looking last week. Herself wanted a Merc GLA. Was reasonable (for a Merc) 1.6 petrol at €33K. Now 38K.....Road tax €570 for the 1.6, €390 for the auto. 1.5 diesel now starts at 40K :eek: 2 year warranty. Very basic spec.

Went to Audi - A4 can't get past emissions standard in manual petrol. If you order a manual now, they will give you an auto free, as they cannot get manuals. Prices being kept really close to their chest at the moment. No prices on their website.

Went to Lexus to have a look at CT200. Gone up nearly 4K. Prices/spec on their website is all wrong.

All 3 dealers very, very quiet. I know business would be normally done a lot earlier, but the guy in Audi admitted it very quiet, and they'd be dead altogether only for PCP.

A6 is 10 years old needs Timing belt, service, heater blower and door handle fixing, so time to say goodbye. New CT200 due in February. I did say we should start looking in August. Maybe next time she'll listen.

Amazing that some prices have gone up that much. Recon 2019 will be the year of the diesel!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Casati wrote: »
    Amazing that some prices have gone up that much. Recon 2019 will be the year of the diesel!

Just checked again, and the Lexus went up 3K, not 4.
    Audi said they will have a hybrid version of every model by 2020, and all hybrid by 2023. Then in the next sentence raving about the new "clean" diesel coming. Very confusing conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Just on the above, had been waiting on a price back on a CLA45 AMG, price gone up from 60k to 67k, tax gone gone from 570 to 1200, big enough jump for me to loose interest and sit tight for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

5500 wrote: »
    Just on the above, had been waiting on a price back on a CLA45 AMG, price gone up from 60k to 67k, tax gone gone from 570 to 1200, big enough jump for me to loose interest and sit tight for now.

Its some cars like that , that show you how much cheating was going on under the old testing to get them through.

Advertisement