Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

1. Dooley
    2. Kelleher
    3. Abdaladze
    4. Dowling
    5. Baird
    6. Murphy
    7. Connors
    8. Doris
    9. McCarthy
    10. Reid
    11. Kearney
    12. COB
    13. JOB
    14. Tomane
    15. Daly

16. Byrne 17. Aungier 18. Bent 19. I have no idea. 20. Running out of players. 21. Patterson. 22. Frawley. 23. Keenan

This would be the team if we're trying to rest everyone for Newcastle, but we haven't got enough locks or back rowers to do that realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

troyzer wrote: »
    1. Dooley
    2. Kelleher
    3. Abdaladze
    4. Dowling
    5. Baird
    6. Murphy
    7. Connors
    8. Doris
    9. McCarthy
    10. Reid
    11. Kearney
    12. COB
    13. JOB
    14. Tomane
    15. Daly

16. Byrne 17. Aungier 18. Bent 19. I have no idea. 20. Running out of players. 21. Patterson. 22. Frawley. 23. Keenan

This would be the team if we're trying to rest everyone for Newcastle, but we haven't got enough locks or back rowers to do that realistically.

Asking a question that was previously asked, but has Porter fallen off a cliff or something?

Asking a question that was previously asked, but has Porter fallen off a cliff or something?

He's done his pec apparentely.

Too much bench pressing. Pfft, weakling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He's injured

Leo must be an injury away from lacing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Leo must be an injury away from lacing up.

Leinster staff will be measuring the height of fans entering the ground on Saturday.

Did Ruddock have a HIA recently so maybe it's that lingering symptom?

Is Brad Thorn still playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Just called the box office in St James Park and got a ticket no problem. The number is 0044 344 372 1892 for anyone wanting to try it.

Thanks, but didn't work for me - no tickets available at the moment. They said to keep trying as they may get returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Ulster won't be at full strength?
    I think Ulster will win, but if Leinster field a young side, I would be thrilled.
    Lock is now an issue.
    I would say it's going to be
    Dowling, Murphy
    With Connors at 6.
    Ulster most likely be resting up for the qf!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

These leinster injury press releases are ridiculous.

‘Johnny came though with no issues’, so strapping him up in an ice pack was for the craic I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

durkadurka wrote: »

‘Johnny came though with no issues’, so strapping him up in an ice pack was for the craic I presume.

I think the strapping was precautionary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

durkadurka wrote: »

I'm 28 with no previous injury issues and can't get through a junior rugby match without strapping or icing....

I imagine a 33 year old with previous injury issues at this stage of the season probably is going to need them after the biggest game of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,993 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

molloyjh wrote: »
    Anyone have any clue who will play lock this weekend? Did I hear Dunne won't be available as he's sitting exams? Toner, Ryan and Fardy will obviously be rested, and with Molony and Kearney injured we're a little stuck there now. Not that it matters I suppose, but could we be looking at Rhys and Josh Murphy?

Ruddock could slot in, give him some minutes before the final. Tho with his customary luck, he'd get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Did Ruddock have a HIA recently so maybe it's that lingering symptom?

I can't remember, but the use of the phrase "return to play" makes one feel like it was concussion related. strange, and even worrying.

Or else I'm over reading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

crisco10 wrote: »
    I can't remember, but the use of the phrase "return to play" makes one feel like it was concussion related. strange, and even worrying.

If he was nauseous on Sunday and it was unexplained then they could be treating it as a symptom of concussion.

It doesn't have to mean he has ongoing concussion issues but if they treat it like any other symptom for concussion then he'd need to go through the RTP protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I thought the same, but I am a worrier. I saw one report as feeling sick, then read that about return to play. Hopefully he's ok.

Incredible performance at 6 by Fardy, absolutely stonking, must have been very close to MOTM.

Not necessarily, as a parent of young children a dose of the scutters can tear through the house in seconds. It may possibly mean he is training over there, no over there, and when you get there keep going, away from everyone else to keep it contained.

It's possibly a polite way of saying he was praying to Mr Armitage Shanks the night before and they don't want it getting around if possible.

Leinster season ticket holder details

Tickets will go on-sale tomorrow Wednesday 24th April. Season Ticket Holders will receive further details including an on-sale link and access codes via email tomorrow.

Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis and are limited to 2 per Season Ticket Holder.

A limited number of U16 child tickets are available to purchase during the on-sale. Tickets are available across all price categories.

Tickets are sold in pound sterling (£) and all orders will incur a 10% EPCR service charge per ticket.

Ticket Price Categories
    Category Adult Price U16 Price
    Premium £120 Not Available
    Category 1 £90 Not Available
    Category 2 £75 Not Available
    Category 3 £60 £25
    Category 4 £45 £25
    Category 5 £35 £15
    Category 6 £20 £10

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster season ticket holder details

Tickets will go on-sale tomorrow Wednesday 24th April. Season Ticket Holders will receive further details including an on-sale link and access codes via email tomorrow.

Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis and are limited to 2 per Season Ticket Holder.

A limited number of U16 child tickets are available to purchase during the on-sale. Tickets are available across all price categories.

Tickets are sold in pound sterling (£) and all orders will incur a 10% EPCR service charge per ticket.

Ticket Price Categories
    Category Adult Price U16 Price
    Premium £120 Not Available
    Category 1 £90 Not Available
    Category 2 £75 Not Available
    Category 3 £60 £25
    Category 4 £45 £25
    Category 5 £35 £15
    Category 6 £20 £10

This bit I don’t get, so EPCR are running the event and then charging a service charge on top of their ticket price. Why not just include it in the price.

Is there anyway of seeing where those categories are in the ground before it goes on sale?

stephen_n wrote: »
    This bit I don’t get, so EPCR are running the event and then charging a service charge on top of their ticket price. Why not just include it in the price.

Is there anyway of seeing where those categories are in the ground before it goes on sale?

Here's a handy page as a general guide

https://book.nufc.co.uk/en-GB/events/2019%20heineken%20champions%20cup%20final/2019-5-11_17.00/st%20james%20park?hallmap

No idea where the Leinster allocation is but it might give you an idea of what's acceptable and what's not based on where you would or wouldn't sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

troyzer wrote: »
    1. Dooley
    2. Kelleher
    3. Abdaladze
    4. Dowling
    5. Baird
    6. Murphy
    7. Connors
    8. Doris
    9. McCarthy
    10. Reid
    11. Kearney
    12. COB
    13. JOB
    14. Tomane
    15. Daly

I’ve seen a bit of 20 (ROP) at club level and he has real potential.

• Advertisement

swiwi_ wrote: »

Great hands for back row forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Hugh O'Sullivan must play against Ulster. He hasn't played much this season and if we want Lowe to take part in the European final it means HoS will be the sub 9. Need to have him ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Clegg wrote: »
    Hugh O'Sullivan must play against Ulster. He hasn't played much this season and if we want Lowe to take part in the European final it means HoS will be the sub 9. Need to have him ready.

All things considered, it was probably a bit of a mistake by Cullen to remove Nick McCarthy from the Euro panel.

There's no prospect of adding McCarthy or Jack Dunne back in, is there? That would be something else to consider.

All things considered, it was probably a bit of a mistake by Cullen to remove Nick McCarthy from the Euro panel.

There's no prospect of adding McCarthy or Jack Dunne back in, is there? That would be something else to consider.

McCarthy was ruled out for three months due to injury in mid-December and Patterson was added to the squad in January in his place. Was absolutely the right thing to do as McGrath was injured too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

With the HEC final looming, time to bring back the Star Wars theme.

478525.jpg

C-3PLowe

478526.jpg

Darth Wrayder

With thanks to Venjur for his photoshop tutorials. Before I was hopeless at photoshop but now I'm really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kennedmc

swiwi_ wrote: »

Who is ROP?

Also Penny will be involved at 7 too

kennedmc wrote: »
    Who is ROP?

Also Penny will be involved at 7 too

It's literally nobody - an acronym for 'running out of players' if you read back a few posts.

Watched the game back and have come to the conclusion that there were two Scott Fardy's on the pitch. Only explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Watched the game back and have come to the conclusion that there were two Scott Fardy's on the pitch. Only explanation.

Even at the stadium I thought he shoùld have been man of the match. He was literally everywhere (sometimes not legally but in the best way possible).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Even at the stadium I thought he shoùld have been man of the match. He was literally everywhere (sometimes legally).

FYP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement