Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track & Field Events 2015

Options
  • 06-03-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Cork Athletics annual Graded Track & Field Leagues, sponsored, as always, by John Buckley Sports, will be held, at CIT, over 6 evenings between May 16th and July 22nd. Meet nights vary, but all start at 19:45.

Electronic timing will be used for all track events. Meet entry fee: €5 (compete in as many events as you want)

These events are also open to guests, but they must be registered AAI athletes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Dublin Graded meets start on April 22nd. There will be 8 meets, held every two weeks, alternating between Santry and Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Programme for Leevale Sports T&F meeting 18th April here

Includes: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, as well as 100/110m and 400m hurdles and a full programme of field events.

Programme for Thomond Games on the 25th here:

Includes: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, mile, 3000m, as well as 100/110m, 400m hurdles, 3000m S/C, walks, relays (including a DMR!) and a programme of field events.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

RayCun wrote: »
    Dublin Graded meets start on April 22nd. There will be 8 meets, held every two weeks, alternating between Santry and Tallaght.

Very early start, particularly with Nationals being 3 weeks later this year.

Ok, the IMC have announced their dates now, so track people can now plan their summer around the following dates:

18.04 Leevale T&F
    19.04 Road Relays
    22.04 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 1
    25.04 Thomond Games UL
    02.05 IMC Greystones
    06.05 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 2
    13.05 CORK GRADED Meeting 1
    20.05 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 3
    23.05 IMC Belfast
    24.05 National Track & Field League Round 1
    29.05 CORK GRADED Meeting 2
    31.05 Leinster Senior & Masters T&F
    03.06 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 4
    06.06 IMC Bertie Guinn T&F
    10.06 BHAA TCD Track Races
    08.06 CORK GRADED Meeting 3
    13.06 IMC Le Chéile
    16.06 CORK GRADED Meeting 4
    17.06 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 5
    01.07 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 6
    05.07 National Junior & U23 Championships
    11.07 IMC GV Ryan / Crusaders
    15.07 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 7
    16.07 CORK GRADED Meeting 5
    19.07 National Track & Field League Round 2
    22.07 CORK GRADED Meeting 6
    24.07 IMC Morton Games
    26.07 National Masters Track & Field Championships
    29.07 DUBLIN GRADED Meeting 8
    02.08 National Track & Field League Final
    08.08 National Senior Track & Field Championships

Will copy over to Middle Distance thread too.

Dublin graded dates are based off the calendar they had at the end of last year and the usual two week gap as Ray said, so I guess they're not actually official yet.

• Advertisement

Sacksian wrote: »
    Dublin graded dates are based off the calendar they had at the end of last year and the usual two week gap as Ray said, so I guess they're not actually official yet.

Not official yet, but 8 meets, every second week starting on the 22nd and alternating between Santry and Tallaght is the plan. Book should be out soon

Not official yet, but 8 meets, every second week starting on the 22nd and alternating between Santry and Tallaght is the plan. Book should be out soon

Any idea how the programme will work this year? Will it follow a logical pattern of having 100/400/1500 on one week, and 200/800/3000 the next, or will it be completely random and not thought out like last year, with 400s constantly clashing with 800s?

no, I haven't seen the details.
    The organisers are open to feedback, and always looking for people to get involved...

no, I haven't seen the details.
    The organisers are open to feedback, and always looking for people to get involved...

Yep, sent an email with my ideas last March when the graded book came out, and again in September when they were looking for feedback. On both occasions I got a reply thanking me for my feedback. Not much more I can do, except send a third email, which is a bit pointless. It makes no sense to have 400 and 800 clashing as there are many athletes who might want to do both. Hopefully the scheduling will be a lot cleaner this year.

On a different note, I'm guessing Irishtown won't be ready anytime soon judging by the fact no meets are being planned for it. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Yep, sent an email with my ideas last March when the graded book came out, and again in September when they were looking for feedback. On both occasions I got a reply thanking me for my feedback. Not much more I can do, except send a third email, which is a bit pointless. It makes no sense to have 400 and 800 clashing as there are many athletes who might want to do both. Hopefully the scheduling will be a lot cleaner this year.

On a different note, I'm guessing Irishtown won't be ready anytime soon judging by the fact no meets are being planned for it. Ridiculous.

We were told by our coach that the crew hired to carry out this work will be back at the end of March to finish off the work and that the track will be back open in May, weather permitting. Hoping this comes to fruition but I won't be holding my breath. Given the way things have gone, I guess the DAB didn't want to take any chances either. Bit of an annoyance because the Tallaght track is a pain for me to get to, although I do like the facility itself but I guess I'll find a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Cork AAI T&F Fixtures calendar now on Cork AAI website - Mainly Cork events, but also includes Munster, National and some International events.

As many T&F athletes seem willing to travel considerable distances to get competition, I'll consider posting other T&F meets, if anyone wants to pass on details to me

I got a mail, in the last few days, about the Thomond Games.

Programme for the first three meets is here

There's also a facebook page (nothing on it yet)

Meet 1 - Santry - April 22
    Triple Jump
    Pole Vault
    Hammer

Meet 2 - Tallaght - May 6
    Long Jump
    High Jump
    Shot

Meet 3 - Santry - May 20
    Mile
    Pole Vault
    Discus
    Javelin
    Triple Jump

Meet 4 - Tallaght - June 3
    Javelin
    Shot Putt
    Long Jump

Online entry will be open closer to the event, and the organisers would like everyone to enter online by lunchtime that day. That allows them to prepare the start lists in advance, saving them time and helping to keep the meet on schedule.

We're way ahead of you on the Middle Distance thread, Ray.

Sacksian wrote: »
    We're way ahead of you on the Middle Distance thread, Ray.

yeah, but handy to have it all in the thread here too

As T&F athletes appear to be willing to travel quite a distance, to get some competition, Cork Athletics has decided to expand its Track & Field Fixtures Calendar, listing, to include T&F, and Sports events, anywhere.

Where possible, we'll try to link to meet websites, programmes, flyers, etc, so that as much info as possible is available in one place.

Getting the info is the main issue - we'll see how it works out.

The prime purpose is to increase T&F interest down South, but if it helps everyone else why not? Last year, by spreading the word here, and elsewhere, we increased guest participation considerably.

Final line-up for Dublin Graded Series (alternating between Morton & Tallaght):

Meeting 1 - 22nd April - is 10,000 / 200 / 1500
    Meeting 2 - 6th May - is 100/800/3000
    Meeting 3 - 20th May - is 400/mile/5000
    Meeting 4 - 3rd June - is 100/800/3000 - Championship
    Meeting 5 - 17th June - is 200/1500/5000 - Championship
    Meeting 6 - 1st July - is 2000m steeplechase / 400 Championship / 3000
    Meeting 7 - 15th July - is 100/400/1500
    Meeting 8 - 29th July - is 200/800 & DMR (4/8/12/16) Mixed team - format TBC

Think that's right.

here's the graded book

Think I may make use up some of that annual leave that is building up and take a day off work on the days of the 400m graded meets. Pretty much impossible to run to your best after a full day of work.

A Dublin Athletics facebook page has been set up, will contain details of the graded meets (and other future competitions)

As part of the endurance project for the graded meets, athletes* in the distance events will get points for their performances. There will be prizes for those athletes with the highest points over the course of the series. Details will be posted over the next week

* maybe I should say some athletes. The cut-offs for points mentioned last night might rule me out :pac:

• Advertisement

Hurdles event has been confirmed for Round 1 of Cork Athletics Graded Leagues, sponsored by John Buckley Sports, Wed next, May 13th 19:45pm.

Entry is on the night. €5 for meet entry - covers all events entered.

Friday, May 29th, CIT, 19:45 - Round 2 of Cork AAI Graded leagues, sponsored by John Buckley Sports.
    Open to all AAI registered athletes, including guest athletes, from outside Cork
    €5 entry, covers all events, i.e. enter 1 or all events, €5 covers the lot.

Electronic timing.

Events: 100m, 200m, 800m, 3000m, 4x100m Relay, High Jump, Javelin & Hammer

Round 3, Cork Athletics Graded Leagues, sponsored by John Buckley Sports. Cork CIT (CIT), 7:45pm, Monday June 8th.

Track Events
    100m
    400m
    1500m

Field Events
    High Jump
    Discus
    Shot
    56lb weight for distance

Open to Cork AAI Registered, AND guest, athletes. Entry, €5, gives entry to all events.

Participants must have been born in 1999, or before.

Cork Athletics - John Buckley Sports Graded T&F Leagues, Round 6

The Final Round of this year's Cork Athletics - John Buckley Sports Graded Track and Field Leagues takes place on Wed July 22nd, at 19:45pm.

Events:
    Track: 200m, 800m, 3000m and medley relay
    Field: Long Jump, Hammer, Javelin

Entry is on the night, and €5 covers entry to all events. Guests are very welcome but must be AAI registered , or members of another IAAF member federation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

t8402c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DazzyR

Folks,

Does anyone know the programme for next Sunday's Leinster Senior & Masters Championships in Tullamore? I'm contemplating the 5,000m if it isn't too late in the day as there is a BBQ with my name on it!

5k is on between 1pm and 2pm (3k first at 1 then 5k)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DazzyR

Cheers Ivory. Just looking on AI page and apparently entry closed on the 31st, presume I could still sneak in?

DazzyR wrote: »
    Cheers Ivory. Just looking on AI page and apparently entry closed on the 31st, presume I could still sneak in?

I would contact someone now or if you have someone in the club involved in it ask them. I wouldn't fancy driving to Tullamore to find out I cant run!

• Advertisement

DazzyR wrote: »

Entry links still seem to be open. One of my training partners put in an entry last night.

Link is here:

https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/U23SeniorMasterChampionship

It says closing date 31 May on AAI site yet entry is still open. On the Leinster site there is no mention of a closing date. Perhaps you have to go on a treasure hunt to find it, which is often the case on that website!

Advertisement