Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bath v Leinster

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Just on the lineout ball. The wind was very strong. I saw one throw in curve like a banana where it started out on the Bath side and ended up on the outside of the Leinster line. When you have to aim off to just get it near the line, it's going to be a lottery.

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Also does not fly very far as a missile without the top.

It’s an Aviva stadium policy as a result of violence in football which saw full containers of liquid (urine) being thrown in many stadiums from the second or third tier of a stand to the lower levels. The original post on this subject just shows a complete lack of understanding on the subject. I imagine being hit unawares by a 500ml bottle thrown or dropped from a considerable height isn’t going to make your day. Also I wouldn’t be mad on standing on a full bottle at the top of the east or west stand stairs when going down, would you ?

I’d love to know when they did these tests. They seem to have been able to tell OLSC they weren’t allowed before they were even distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Just on the lineout ball. The wind was very strong. I saw one throw in curve like a banana where it started out on the Bath side and ended up on the outside of the Leinster line. When you have to aim off to just get it near the line, it's going to be a lottery.

You could clearly see it in the turned over line out that led to the intercept try. Cronin's throw was slightly crooked to about the middle of the line out and then took off as it went towards the tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

VDF missed 5 tackles. That is utterly bizarre. I think he's gone entire seasons without missing that many before.

He will be disappointed with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Very unbalanced backrow. We lacked a lot of intensity.

Looked way better when Conan (A bone fide 8th man) came on. On a good pitch with an extra week together, we will wallop them this week. They were very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

VDF missed 5 tackles. That is utterly bizarre. I think he's gone entire seasons without missing that many before.

Just looked back at the game. As always, stats don't tell the full story.

2 misses came directly after a turnover. One from Cronins wonky throw and if VDF made it we might not have gotten the try ha. The other was from a Healy knock on. Probably could have reacted better but still.

Another miss was him chasing a poor kick chase and he was just beaten for pace before actually catch up with the player and making the tackle. Good traditional work rate.

He misses 2 then in the 22 in very quick succession where he needed to be sharper though. Got himself in a poor position

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It was wet and very, very muddy, players were hitting the tackles and just sliding off.

Not sure if it showed on TV but the wind was very strong and gusting around the stadium. I took a video at one stage to try show my brother, the rain was blowing sideways in one direction at the far end of the pitch and swirling around in the other direction at the end we were at. Lineouts and kicking were a total lottery on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I thought Ruddock was very poor. He looked completely out of sorts. His role is to make tough yards in the carry and he rarely advanced while carrying the ball.
    With little go forward ball, we were always going to struggle. Healy and Furlong also struggled with carrying the ball.
    Anyway, its history now and we still won. Under better conditions, I think we'll do better imposing our game on them. Is there any word on Sexton? Did he sustain an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Baths line speed throughout was excellent, they were getting two tacklers on our ball carriers all day and more often than not hitting them on or before the gain line. Our big ball carriers weren’t getting any momentum. After halftime we reacted a little to this and started shifting the ball at the point of contact a bit more. But the conditions and the pitch didn’t lend themselves to that game. It was always going to be hugely difficult to get momentum in those circumstances. Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit for how well the counter our style of play. I think the Aviva will be a very different story though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

My reading of this is Bath and Leinster have the same flag supplier. Or have I picked it up wrong

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/1072218396702507009?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    My reading of this is Bath and Leinster have the same flag supplier. Or have I picked it up wrong

According to a Leinster statement, 11 of the 12 premiership teams use the same flags as Leinster. They didn't say whether Bath were in the 11 or the 1. Seems like a very questionable decision by Bath.

According to a Leinster statement, 11 of the 12 premiership teams use the same flags as Leinster. They didn't say whether Bath were in the 11 or the 1. Seems like a very questionable decision by Bath.

Pic on left is from the suppliers website with the Bath logo. Just Bath being childish/petty

Apparently they habe a history of preventing away fans from block booking seats together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Burkie1203 wrote: »

It could genuinely be an honest mistake by an uppity H&S manager who didn't see a CE logo.

Remember, the OLSC would have had stacks of boxes of the flags and you can see why they might have just been unfortunate to come across a dullard.

I think the sheer quantity was the difference, they had no problem letting individuals bring their flags in.

troyzer wrote: »
    It could genuinely be an honest mistake by an uppity H&S manager who didn't see a CE logo.

Remember, the OLSC would have had stacks of boxes of the flags and you can see why they might have just been unfortunate to come across a dullard.

I think the sheer quantity was the difference, they had no problem letting individuals bring their flags in.

This suggests otherwise

https://twitter.com/bathrugby/status/1071414943965171718?s=19

Advertisement