Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wsop % sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Hammertime wrote: »
    this is a bit surreal. Does he have you guys on commission or something?

With all due respect to Al and his abilities as a poker player he is not Phil Ivey.

He is asking for OVER 50% juice on top of the tourney buyins !

1 no were not on commission lol :p
    2 andy black not phil ivey either but both of them reach wsop final tables andy plus alan
    3 he has to eat as well and sleep somewere do u think he should pay for all that him self and the stakers get free ride on his out side costs.
    he is going to be there for 6 weeks that costs .

if people on boards are not interested with the deal than that ok it will be gone before long anyway it was kieran< SIRTOYOU > who said he put it on boards because he thought some people would like to back a good horsie as he said .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭dagunman

Yes as roundtower mentioned i'd defo hav interest in buying some of the %'s, a chance to stake a player like this only comes around once in a life time. I mean cpt event winner and macau cash league! Not to mention winning a satty, all in just 4 months!!!
    No doubt the %'s are selling out like hot cakes espc given the v attractive price they are being offerd at. I'll take 10% if there are even any %'s left that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

dagunman wrote: »
    Yes as roundtower mentioned i'd defo hav interest in buying some of the %'s, a chance to stake a player like this only comes around once in a life time. I mean cpt event winner and macau cash league! Not to mention winning a satty, all in just 4 months!!!
    No doubt the %'s are selling out like hot cakes espc given the v attractive price they are being offerd at. I'll take 10% if there are even any %'s left that is!

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

good luck to the guy, but there are many really good players I would consider staking, the results are nice but sure he beat Cork plyer and CPT players..(easy money:D) but least you forget, the chap is actually getting to go to Vegas and play poker not work in the magdelan laundry.

Asking the stakers to pay so much of his expenses is optimistic. I'd buy a share but only if he cut down on his expense surcharge . Hope he wins something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tom Hanlon

ok, you got me. I will play in the same tournaments and will offer a 1% share for the fantastic discounted price of E280.

First come , first served. 29% already gone so only 171% left.

Vegas here I come!

Tom H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Tom Hanlon wrote: »
    ok, you got me. I will play in the same tournaments and will offer a 1% share for the fantastic discounted price of E280.

Vegas here I come!

Tom H

have you cashed in a tournament in the Isle of Mann though? I also want to see your hendon mob stats just in case your a high stakes cash fish, tournaments are a different skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=389

lol not even a cpt result in sight, no chance boi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Tom Hanlon wrote: »

Vegas here I come!

Tom H
    nicnicnic wrote: »
    http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=389

lol not even a cpt result in sight, no chance boi

Pity theres no Hendon Mob db for bridge!

If he was selling percentages for the Bridge World Champs, i think we would have a winner :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i know you're all having fun at the Cork win's etc, but his other tournie records are far from minor:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1160

Would anyone who posts on here have a better live record? Seriously.

EDIT to add: apart from Flipper

/ Doesn't mean its a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

i know you're all having fun at the Cork win's etc, but his other tournie records are far from minor:

John McEnroe once said, 'You cannot be serious'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

corkie123 wrote: »
    1 no were not on commission lol :p
    2 andy black not phil ivey either but both of them reach wsop final tables andy plus alan
    3 he has to eat as well and sleep somewere do u think he should pay for all that him self and the stakers get free ride on his out side costs.

if people on boards are not interested with the deal than that ok it will be gone before long anyway it was kieran< SIRTOYOU > who said he put it on boards because he thought some people would like to back a good horsie as he said .

3 .he has to eat as well and sleep somewere do u think he should pay for all that him self and the stakers get free ride on his out side costs.

R U serious........... Im going to vegas and I really can't see why anyone should pay for my food and hotel. If someone is buying a % then they are buying an interest in a tournament......full stop.
    I think Alan had a few nice results and I wish him the best in the WSOP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Free$$$$$

DeVore wrote: »
    Will you go guarantor if he welches? Do you know him and can vouch for his trustworthiness?

I like the idea of staking people and taking an interest but... 3rd hand via the internet is not a great way to do it.

DeV.

Ask Corkie123...... he seems to be his manager/publicist

eagle eye wrote: »
    John McEnroe once said, 'You cannot be serious'

are you saying that i'm mistaken in what i said :confused: surely its true :confused:

are you saying that i'm mistaken in what i said :confused: surely its true :confused:
    There are a lot of players on here who only took up poker in 2005/06 and have achieved a lot more in that short space of time that this man has done in that same period.

There are a lot of players on here who only took up poker in 2005/06 and have achieved a lot more in that short space of time that this man has done in that same period.

lol, choosing a time period that conveniently excludes his 2004 big win.

i'm guessing there is only about two of the posters on this thread who have a greater win in the HMD, even since 2005/2006.

seems kinda unnecessary of posters to start p1ss-taking threads talking about 'winning in offaly and wanting to go to the WSOP'.

/ of course the point still remains that the €300 for 1% offer is ridiculous

seems kinda unnecessary of posters to start p1ss-taking threads talking about 'winning in offaly and wanting to go to the WSOP'.

I suppose satire is not everyones taste....

I suppose satire is not everyones taste....

should be "not to everyone's taste"

/ nor is grammar to everyone's taste :p

should be "not to everyone's taste"

/ nor is grammar to everyone's taste :p

yep my grammar is up there with my computer skills

Well Padraig Parkinson posts here

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=189

as does Roy Brindley

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=253

as does Nicky Power

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=54259

as does Dave Masters

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=54655

etc etc

lol, choosing a time period that conveniently excludes his 2004 big win.

i'm guessing there is only about two of the posters on this thread who have a greater win in the HMD, even since 2005/2006.

Well it seems to me that the general consensus on here is that he is trying to rob people and that most people think he is a bad investment because he is a ****e player.

• Advertisement

lol at these two

You 2 fish even done enough to have a better set of results than Alan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 carryonlaughing

Well it seems to me that the general consensus on here is that he is trying to rob people and that most people think he is a bad investment because he is a ****e player.
    i was talking to alan last night and telling him what was on boards. he was quite amused he didnt even know it was posted lol, he told me the whole trip was costing 30k euros, and for 1 percent 300 euro, he said he wasnt trying to rob nobody if they wanted an interest in it that was the deal and he wasnt forcing anybody to part with there money, he said to let ye know that the 40 percent was now gone and if he wanted he could have sold another 40 percent just as fast, by the way i have 3 percent:p , and the best of luck on the trip al,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

i was talking to alan last night and telling him what was on boards. he was quite amused he didnt even know it was posted lol, he told me the whole trip was costing 30k euros, and for 1 percent 300 euro, he said he wasnt trying to rob nobody if they wanted an interest in it that was the deal and he wasnt forcing anybody to part with there money, he said to let ye know that the 40 percent was now gone and if he wanted he could have sold another 40 percent just as fast, by the way i have 3 percent:p , and the best of luck on the trip al,,

lol, thanks for registering little monkey and passing on such valuable information. Scamper along now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

by the way i have 3 percent:p ,

<
    Jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

i was talking to alan last night and telling him what was on boards. he was quite amused he didnt even know it was posted lol.

This is bollox I told Alan that I was posting it here and was in contact with him yesterday afternoon to tell him about the reaction the thread was getting.He has read this thread.

Flushdraw wrote: »

these two don't really post here. Roy pimps his card club, and parkie registered to say 'thanks'.

Also, i don't think any of the sneering posters in this thread are on your list

/ this forum is turning into NVG on twoplustwo. which makes you (and me) an NVGtard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

these two don't really post here. Roy pimps his card club, and parkie registered to say 'thanks'.

/ this forum is turning into NVG on twoplustwo. which makes you (and me) an NVGtard

wrong. Some people have their opinions for a reason.

I was only pointing out that by saying "Would anyone who posts on here have a better live record? Seriously." and then when a poster questions it, you reply with "are you saying that i'm mistaken in what i said surely its true " makes your statement pretty dumb.

Btw Nicky, who's HM data i linked, posted in this thread, as did Semibluff, Smoothcall and Roundtower and all have a decent set of results, as well as being big cash game players. I'd rather stake any of these than Alan, but if they were asking for €6500 for their own expenses, i'd find it laughable too.

If he manages to sell all the % he is looking for, as others have said, fair fcuks to him for getting a free trip and accommodation. Hopefully he can return his backers a few quid in profits.

I dont read 2+2 so not sure if your comment is a dig or not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 carryonlaughing

i was looking at flushdraws last post. and there are a few things i want to point out. firstly all those players are good cash players but alan has been making a good living playing cash games for over 20 years lets see if there still around making it then, secondly you said hes freerolling for 6.5k are you not forgetting he is paying 60% of that himself. for god sake why dont you give al a break and wish him the best of luck instead of knocking him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement