Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPGA Tour Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Lexi Thompson blowing this big time. Looked set to cruise home around the turn, no surprise if she fails to win it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Lexi Thompson blowing this big time. Looked set to cruise home around the turn, no surprise if she fails to win it now.

Bogey bogey finish for her and she misses the playoff by one.

Playoff between Saso and Hataoka gone to sudden death.

I love when they have proper coverage of the LPGA events, they're great

Bogey bogey finish for her and she misses the playoff by one.

Playoff between Saso and Hataoka gone to sudden death.

I love when they have proper coverage of the LPGA events, they're great

That was enjoyable alright. Saso double bogeyed 2 & 3 so to be able to come back from that and win it at just 19 shows some potential. Lexi just suffered a total mental collapse, not for first time it has to be said. Gonna leave a long deep scar, this one.

That was enjoyable alright. Saso double bogeyed 2 & 3 so to be able to come back from that and win it at just 19 shows some potential. Lexi just suffered a total mental collapse, not for first time it has to be said. Gonna leave a long deep scar, this one.

Ya I assumed she was done after the two doubles tbh. She looks fairly nerveless on the greens, holed a few great 4-6 footers. Amazing how Asia keep pumping out so much talent in the women's game.

Lexi bottled it completely, I suppose she's only 26 so at least she has time on her side. But as you say she's got previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I wouldn't be Lexi's biggest fan but you could see she was in turmoil during that back nine and I did not enjoy seeing that, at all. As a poster said above, this will scar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Lexis putt on 18 to force a playoff, so bad. Mind fried by that stage no doubt. Great though to see Philippines have a major champion.

I'd say the pressure on lexi is immense, so few Americans competing at the very top and she was like the anointed one when she made her breakthrough as a teenager. Can't be easy trying to live up to that billing. Especially when your short game is a bit fragile to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I see Rose Zhang turned pro last week and has a 2 stroke lead heading in to the final day of her first event.

Impressive start, could be a major force for years to come

She looks the real deal alright

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Making hard word of it right now. That birdie putt on 16 was a nervy one. tough 2-putt coming up on 17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Clutch 2nd putt on 17

On to 2nd tie hole v Kupcho. Zhang still doesn't look fazed.

What a shot by Zhang

Wow. Zhang. The real deal.

Great stuff, would've been a massive anticlimax had Kupcho won that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Can't be something that's happened too often, in any tour, turn pro and win your first event?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Last time it happened on the LPGA tour was 1951.

Advertisement