Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Course

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

frink wrote: »
    Playing here for Junior Cup finals in two weeks. Anyone got some course tips.

The Junior Scratch Cup is on next Sun 14th.

The course is straightforward. A couple of little streams cross 7 and 8 about 30 yds from the Greens. Keep a lookout for the stakes as they’re hard enough to see from far back.
    The 2nd is a par 5. On your approach be a little left of the flag as everything falls down to the right.
    Very important to be on he fairway on the 12th and 16th as anything right or left will cost a shot.
    The Greens are fast at the moment and the course is in great shape.

Enjoy and best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Irish94 wrote: »
    In the midlands the weekend after next, any good courses around that would be quiet enough to get a round in? I played Moate a few years back. What is it like now does anyone know? Or Athlone or Glasson?

Athlone is in great nick at the moment. Anytime after lunch saturday or sunday should be grand for getting a game in :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Played Co Longford yesterday after work, wow, place has really matured over last few years, extensive drainage and other works on improvement since I played it last. Firm run everywhere, big fast breaking greens and although tight at times it was quick to find your ball, played in a 2ball, 3hrs and 5minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I don't get the logic behind this thread.
    sure we may as well list off every course in the country as most of them are worth playing, and even the ones that aren't still will have people declaring their brillance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

Seve OB wrote: »
    sure we may as well list off every course in the country as most of them are worth playing, and even the ones that aren't still will have people declaring their brillance

Where would you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Where would you recommend?

I could list a hundred courses.
    easier to list the ones I wouldn't be rushing back to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I tell you exactly the logic for this thread.

I happened upon a course a few weeks ago, Ballykisteen GC(€25 green fees), and it was such a massive surprise that I could be only 20 mins from this course and never heard of it. The course is brilliant and a hell of a lot of fun to play, water, blind shots etc.... I'll go back over and over again. If you're looking to play a course at a great price, look no further imo.

So I wanted to know what other golf course people thought were worth a shout out, and maybe even play a few.

If you don't what to partake in the thread you don't have to, but I now know many courses I will play thanks to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

I could list a hundred courses.
    easier to list the ones I wouldn't be rushing back to

That's probably not a bad angle tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Well lads and lassies, I've been working in Monaghan for past few days so decided to check out the opens that might be on in or around the area to keep me out of the hotel bar for a while, I found Rossmore Golf club had one on so I rang booked a tee time and entered into Google maps and it was 7 mins out of town and I have to say it was more than a pleasent surprise, it was a brilliant laid out course with uphill, downhill holes some great dog leg holes and some magnificent views across Northern Ireland from the 16th tee..it is well worth a visit if you are in the area...I for one will definitely be back

Played westport, great course with some amazing views

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Random question lads: thinking of buying my brothers a voucher for a round at a golf course at a convenient location that they haven't played before , and am stuck between Druid's Glen and Druid's Heath. Would ye recommend one over the other? (golf for two at Druid's Heath for €80 seems like remarkable value and has swayed me :D). Anywhere else of a similar stature that would be worth considering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Random question lads: thinking of buying my brothers a voucher for a round at a golf course at a convenient location that they haven't played before , and am stuck between Druid's Glen and Druid's Heath. Would ye recommend one over the other? (golf for two at Druid's Heath for €80 seems like remarkable value and has swayed me :D). Anywhere else of a similar stature that would be worth considering?

Druids Glen is far superior to Druids Heath (which is a fine - but tough - course in it's own right). DG is one of the top courses around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Ronney

Glen every time. Its one of the top 10 parklands in the country.

Heath while a decent course has a reputation as being quite difficult and not that enjoyable to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cool. Thanks lads. I will fork out the extra dosh so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Any courses an hour and half away from Belfast that would have an open on tomorrow (Thursday)? Would like a links course if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭redhill

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    Any courses an hour and half away from Belfast that would have an open on tomorrow (Thursday)? Would like a links course if possible

https://www.golfnet.ie/open-fixtures

Put in tomorrow’s date, not too many links there though

Jim Stynes wrote: »

Balbriggan - Not a links though but a qualifying 'Open Singles' all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭swededmonkey

Warrenpoint runs an open most Thursdays

*Just realised I'm too late

I played Dundrum in Tipp lately and I have to say the course is excellent, great fun to play with plenty of tough shots they requires thought ..

Highly recommend

Advertisement