Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto watch running very fast

Options
  • 11-08-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Per the thread title - gained probably 30 mins in an afternoon. Google suggesting it may have been exposed to magnetism

If so is it a big job to fix and has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Hi all

Per the thread title - gained probably 30 mins in an afternoon. Google suggesting it may have been exposed to magnetism

If so is it a big job to fix and has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Super quick and simple. You could even buy a de-magnetiser off amazon and do it yourself if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Super quick and simple. You could even buy a de-magnetiser off amazon and do it yourself if you want.

Thanks - chanced buying on. Cheap enough if it doesn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Off Topic - Love the username :D

Tried the demagnetiser

Unfortunately didn't work. My stop watch is showing approximately 55-56 seconds for a "minute" on my watch

Would anyone have recommendations for someone to look at it (Dublin based)?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Tried the demagnetiser

Unfortunately didn't work. My stop watch is showing approximately 55-56 seconds for a "minute" on my watch

Would anyone have recommendations for someone to look at it (Dublin based)?

What type of watch is it?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Personally i'd bring it to iChrono, Chris knows his stuff and would be much cheaper than bringing it to an AD, but either way i'd get a price from the Service Centre in the UK who you can deal with directly. With the sterling being weak they should be very competitive.

Demagnetising worked. Bought a cheap one off Amazon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yay! result. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Bought one off eBay - no joy

Chanced another from Amazon before going the watch repair route - worked

Ridiculously easy to do when you Google it & watch a YouTube video or two

• Advertisement
Advertisement