Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Rugby (Social Rugby) thread 2019/2020

Options
  • 12-08-2019 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭

In Leinster divisions 1 to5 of metro leagues are up online. Rest will be a few more weeks.
    Junior 1 leagues in connacht, Munster fixtures are set but junior 2 is not yet
    In Ulster provincial/regional social divisions are set to start early September

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Any more news on leagues being published?
    Anyone here starting back playing after few years not? Or anyone starting to play for first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Hearing a few rumours that there wont be a division 10 for this coming season... or rather there wont be a division 11 and those teams will move up to division 10.

If you remember last season was the first season in a few that division 8 was back in the mix, with a lot of former leinster league teams moving into the metro system.

Divisions 6 to 9 up now

So may as well list all 9 divisions

Division 1
    Blackrock 2, UCD 2, Trinity 2, Terenure 2, Lansdowne 2, Old Wesley 2, Old Belvedere 2, Clontarf 2
    Division 2
    Clontarf 3, Old Wesley 3, St Marys 2, Naas 2, Barnhall 2, Old Belvedere 3, Lansdowne 3, Greystones 2
    Division 3
    Terenure 3, Tullamore 2, Wanderers 2, St Marys 3, Skerries 2, Enniscorthy 2, Navan 2, Malahide 2
    Division 4
    Rathdrum 1, Blackrock 3, UCD 3, Old Wesley 4, Barnhall 3, Naas 3, Greystones 3
    Division 5
    Lansdowne 4, St Marys 4, Stillorgan-Rathfarnham 1, CYM 1, Old Wesley 5, Old Belvedere 4, Wanderers 3
    Division 6
    Terenure 4, Tallaght 1, Seapoint 3, Coolmine 3, Barnhall 4, Guinness 1, Trinity 3
    Division 7
    DLSP 3, Navan 3, UCD 4. Athy 2, AIB 1, Clontarf 4, Bective 3
    Division 8
    BGF Ravens 1, Bective 4, Terenure 5, Emerald Warriors 1, Old Belvedere 5, Stillorgan-Rathfarnham 2, Railway Union 3
    Division 9
    Parkmore 1, St Marys 5, Newbridge 3, Trinity 4, Malahide 3, Monkstown 3, Co Carlow 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Div 11 Provisional listing was sent to clubs over the past week

Clondalkin
    CYM
    DLSP
    Emerald Warriors
    Railway Union
    Stillorgan
    Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No div 10 this year?

Seems to be an overall dip in teams this year from Dublin supplemented with other Leinster teams.

• Advertisement

No div 10 this year?

Seems to be an overall dip in teams this year from Dublin supplemented with other Leinster teams.
    There is a division 10

Division 10
    Marys 6, Dublin Dogos 1, Clontarf 5, Ratoath 1, Suttonians 2, MU Barnhall 5

Division 11
    CYM 2, Railway Union 3, Stillorgan-Rathfarnham 3, Tallaght 2, DLSP 3, Emerald Warriors 2, Clondalkin 3

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

There is a division 10

Division 10
    Marys 6, Dublin Dogos 1, Clontarf 5, Ratoath 1, Suttonians 2, MU Barnhall 5

Division 11
    CYM 2, Railway Union 3, Stillorgan-Rathfarnham 3, Tallaght 2, DLSP 3, Emerald Warriors 2, Clondalkin 3

Dogos 2s (1s play LL3) and Suttonians 3s (2s play Leinster 2nds League 1A)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

Faugheen wrote: »
    Dogos 2s (1s play LL3) and Suttonians 3s (2s play Leinster 2nds League 1A)

Season on in Div 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

No div 10 this year?

More walkovers so.

Anyone playing this year. Hows start of league going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Anyone playing this year. Hows start of league going?

Playing in Div 6 myself, 2/3 wins so far, lost at the last minute in the 3rd game which was very unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Last game before the break coming up, how's it going for everyone?

Division 9 to 11 seems to be a bit of a **** show with all the walkovers and teams withdrawing from the leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Last game before the break coming up, how's it going for everyone?

Division 9 to 11 seems to be a bit of a **** show with all the walkovers and teams withdrawing from the leagues.

You're not wrong. Division 10 is a joke.

It looks like there's only going to be 3 teams left in the league after christmas. Not sure if they will amalgamate divisions, if we will just play each other a tonne of times or if they will just leave it as is and have massive haps between games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Lower divisions always are a lottery. Sometimes the players just can't trickle down from the higher teams enough to field a full squad.

Bective look to be in a bit of bother. They've conceded games in Division 7 and 8. Without a win in D8 and conceded 2 games. Not sure they've the numbers for both squads this year. Could be looking at pulling out

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

cloneslad wrote: »

It looks like there's only going to be 3 teams left in the league after christmas. Not sure if they will amalgamate divisions, if we will just play each other a tonne of times or if they will just leave it as is and have massive haps between games.

Oh I know about division 10 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

Oh I know about division 10 haha

Anyone know when Cups start 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I heard they are going back to the old format of starting them after the leagues finish....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

They should just go back to the old system of friendlies for the lower levels. Get rid of all leagues below 8 and just let the clubs arrange friendlies based on having players available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

stephen_n wrote: »
    They should just go back to the old system of friendlies for the lower levels. Get rid of all leagues below 8 and just let the clubs arrange friendlies based on having players available.

Ratoath had about 6-7 subs when we played them. We had the same playing them but most games we could have 15 subs looking to get on the pitch for the division 10 team.

Might be better to combine 9-10-11 into one division, at least if a team or 3 drops out you still have a good number left.

I know most of our squad would give up if there was no league to be playing in. There's no enjoyment to a game that doesn't mean anything so I wouldn't be in favour of friendlies.

In saying that, I'm not much on favour of how division 10 is working out with the constant cancellations, teams dropping out, and heavily one sided matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Ratoath had about 6-7 subs when we played them. We had the same playing them but most games we could have 15 subs looking to get on the pitch for the division 10 team.

Might be better to combine 9-10-11 into one division, at least if a team or 3 drops out you still have a good number left.

I know most of our squad would give up if there was no league to be playing in. There's no enjoyment to a game that doesn't mean anything so I wouldn't be in favour of friendlies.

In saying that, I'm not much on favour of how division 10 is working out with the constant cancellations, teams dropping out, and heavily one sided matches.

The leagues keep getting messed up, I know it’s good to have competitive games but availability constantly changes through the season. It used to be a case of the branch keeping a list of teams looking for friendlies. You are only arranging the games a week or two in advance when you know you have a team. Means more often than not the guys who want to play, get a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Season abandoned - any divisions actually manage to get a final played?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Div 1 and 4 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Legalfarmer89

What do people feel is the likelihood of Junior Rugby taking place in the 2020/2021 rugby season. While we all need to be conscious of the disease and it’s potential effects on society, if the season is cancelled altogether it would be devastating for a lot of Junior Clubs or Junior Sections of Senior Clubs.

I have no idea which way it will swing. Perhaps the season will start a little later with less matches/more condensed, provided we have a handle of the disease.

I think myself that there will definitely be some sort of AIL competition.

The next 2 months will tell a lot I suppose.

What do people feel is the likelihood of Junior Rugby taking place in the 2020/2021 rugby season. While we all need to be conscious of the disease and it’s potential effects on society, if the season is cancelled altogether it would be devastating for a lot of Junior Clubs or Junior Sections of Senior Clubs.

I have no idea which way it will swing. Perhaps the season will start a little later with less matches/more condensed, provided we have a handle of the disease.

I think myself that there will definitely be some sort of AIL competition.

The next 2 months will tell a lot I suppose.
    far too early to say there wont be any rugby next season which wont start for 4 months in terms of games and 2.5 months when teams normally start pre season.
    Especially talking about season in its entirety being cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Legalfarmer89

I suppose it is a bit early to be speculating. Wouldn’t be too optimistic about preseason however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I suppose it is a bit early to be speculating. Wouldn’t be too optimistic about preseason however.

If I had to make a call now, my gut is saying there'll be no junior rugby this side of Christmas

Advertisement