Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 21st September

• 21-09-2019 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭

I think What A Welcome has a good chance in the 4:40 today, back down to last winning mark. Mostly running over further the past year, the drop down to a mile and a half shouldn’t be a problem, has won over this distance in the past. Also is 2/2 at Newbury. Drop in class too.
    9/2 at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.10 Newbury, Cherokee Trail, very very short at around 11/10'ish in a fairly competitive race. I think the horse is very beatable and I'm laying it. It beat rags on debut, the fav didn't turn up that day. It's running against some beautifully bred horses today and I think something will beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

George Bowen at 40/1 with 7 places is the standout bet of the day at Ayr in the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

15:50 Ayr Gold Cup
    A small bet on Intisaab at 21s
    He has reasonable form in big handicaps. Today he has 8-13 less 7 pounds with a claimer riding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bacchus in the Ayr Gold cup, Paddy power are paying 7 places.

These sprints at Ayr are total clusterfúcks, pin jobs the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Gowran gonna be abandoned?

• Advertisement

2pm Ayr, Kynren, around 15/8 - 7/4 This is my best bet of the day and it's a lay. Just cant see it winning, I've went over it with a fine tooth comb. Layed it with confidence.

Gowran cancelled
    Had done a double
    first one was a winner in Ayr @5/2
    Second was fav in opener at Gowran, so...is bet void and stake refunded or does the bet become single and winner paid out on first?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Gowran cancelled
    Had done a double
    Second was fav in opener at Gowran, so...is bet void and stake refunded or does the bet become single and winner paid out on first?

Becomes a single...I would think, like a non runner in a double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

George Bowen at 40/1 with 7 places is the standout bet of the day at Ayr in the Gold Cup.

I’ve given up tipping, but Lynchpin of my owning a stake in paddy power lucky 15

My last bet for an hour or so, in the 2.10 @ Newmarket, I've layed Wasaayef, it's about 13/8, i can't see it winning.
    I really do like the fav in the race - Queen Daenerys, I think it will win with that good second to it's name but just a strong lay on on Wasaayef.

Good luck to anyone betting, nice days racing

• Advertisement

That last race at Newmarket will be interesting, listed winner just over a year ago, Haddaf, running in it and another that was 2nd in listed company a couple of years back, Captain Colby. The latter has had a fairly terrible year and has been tumbling down the weights. Won this race last year and now 4lbs lower. I’m going to take a chance on him finding some bit of his form previous to this year at 9/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,433 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hyperfocus 22-1 ew
    Should try make all here, hopefully a place is had, 6 places

Citron Major 16-1
    On this one too ew .

I'm not backing in the 2.40 at ayr but it will be some spectacle to watch. So many have the same kind of form in the race its a betting nightmare. The only one I 100% don't like in the race bar the total outsiders is that 'Lahore.' The horse needs it a lot softer I feel, and a terrible jock booking to boot. I was tempted to lay it for 4 places at 11/5 -9/4 but just one to watch for me I think.

Can't buy a winner .

Small bet on Trouble and Strife in the 3:00 at 4s.

Impressor in 2.55 for me.

11-1 ew

I'm going to have a bet in the 3 @ catterick, the fav Mister Chiang is around 3/1, but in my opinion it should be 9/1 or bigger. The price is a little on the biggest side for a lay but I'm willing to take the shorts odds and I can't see it winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Gulliver 10/1 ran on very late last week behind the favorite here and Cold Stare 40/1 after showing big improvement for wind op , o meara has half the field it seems. Thathmeen later at wolves has a poor draw but I’ll risk him 10/1 ew with the dead 8 running. My cliff horse coldby runs in the last at Newmarket but seems friendless in betting won this race last year off 4lb lower if he was on a going day he’d win this but that’s the doubt

posted this in the friday thread by mistake, the head is not right :D

I going to have a decent bet in the 3.15 at Ayr. I'm laying Piece Of Paradise for 3 places at around 6/4. Can't see it winning 100% and I can't see it being placed either. Ran yesterday and won, today is another kettle of fish, the races yesterday and today is night and day.

I'm out for awhile.

• Advertisement

Good effort
    Major Jumbo
    Louie De Palma

for me in 3.50

Come on!

Bacchus backed too, sure why not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭famagusta

Louie De Palma

On him too, and barbill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Angel alexander, the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Gowran cancelled
    Had done a double

Had this scenario myself some years back. If the abandoned meeting is rescheduled with declarations not reopened, then your double is still on. Otherwise it's a non runner and therefore a single.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Had this scenario myself some years back. If the abandoned meeting is rescheduled with declarations not reopened, then your double is still on. Otherwise it's a non runner and therefore a single.

no its not--- its settled as a nonrunner 100%.

That would only apply to an Ante post bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

bookman2 wrote: »

no its not--- its settled as a nonrunner 100%.

That would only apply to an Ante post bet.

You are wrong. I had it out with paddy's head office over What a Friend in the Lexus Leopardstown Xmas few years back. They put racing back by 24 hours due to snow. On the day multiplies stood.

4.10 Catterick, Fantastic Ms Fox, I don't the horse will win the race, I hope it can run into a place, backing for the place @ 11/10'ish

Collected a while back

• Advertisement

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    4.10 Catterick, Fantastic Ms Fox, I don't the horse will win the race, I hope it can run into a place, backing for the place @ 11/10'ish

Honestly can't understand backing a horse to place that you can't see having a chance of winning.....If it's not in the reckoning to win, as in a no hoper, avoid the yoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Honestly can't understand backing a horse to place that you can't see having a chance of winning.....If it's not in the reckoning to win, as in a no hoper, avoid the yoke
    That would imply that the poster has some logic:D

I 100% beg to differ. I calculated the race, and in my mind I expected 2 or 3 to pull clear including my one, and I though one or possibly 2 might be too good for it. And I was right. You have your ways of betting I have mine.

And that poster below with talking about logic, have you won much today ? I've won a lot of money today and yesterday.... so if I have no logic isn't it great.

Last bet and I'm out for awhile.

4.25 Ayr, Society Red, laying for the place @ 6/4'ish... No logic it won't be placed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

People should really just stop conversing with him. He's clearly a degenerate with a gambling problem not to mention has absolutely no punting acumen whatsoever. Living in a fantasy land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

IGNORE
    IGNORE
    IGNORE

• Advertisement

The usual losers venting their emotions after they lost their trollix. I told you before lemush you haven't a bog about racing at all. I've don't mind having an argument with someone who knows what they are talking about. There was kiers47 and mostly harmless, I didn't see eye to eye with them, but they were knowledgeable people and did know a thing or 2 about racing.
    But look at the users now... lemush, iammoran, bigstickmick, mirwillbeback and a few others who know absolutely nothing about gambling, but, like to make their noise. Some people posted here today and some won and some lost, but then there's the 'noisy ones' who didn't post their selections but like to have an opinion on who posted their selections.

I’ll only have the one bet on racing tomorrow and won’t be on here so will throw up now. Feane’s in the first at Hamilton, Fugacious. Couple of good runs back in June, I think this trip suits. 6/1 at the moment with paddy

7.20 Wolverhampton, Axe Axelrod, around 2/1'ish. Lay bet for me, I don't think it will win. Down in grade but the distance could be the problem. Just can't see it getting home in front.

maxresdefault.jpg

moron you are a simpleton of the highest. Joined 9 months or so ago and over 2000 posts, there is something wrong with a person like that, you do know that don't you ?

There should be a newbies section in the racing forum for genuine people. You could use it too, you're in denial that you know anything about racing. Stick to the soaps on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

The usual losers venting their emotions after they lost their trollix. I told you before lemush you haven't a bog about racing at all. I've don't mind having an argument with someone who knows what they are talking about. There was kiers47 and mostly harmless, I didn't see eye to eye with them, but they were knowledgeable people and did know a thing or 2 about racing.
    But look at the users now... lemush, iammoran, bigstickmick, mirwillbeback and a few others who know absolutely nothing about gambling, but, like to make their noise. Some people posted here today and some won and some lost, but then there's the 'noisy ones' who didn't post their selections but like to have an opinion on who posted their selections.

You post your selections, but one observation is that your selections are about 1 minute before the off, so gives little time for people to either place a bet or form an opinion if they wish to follow your selection.

Is there a reason for this?

abarkie wrote: »
    You post your selections, but one observation is that your selections are about 1 minute before the off, so gives little time for people to either place a bet or form an opinion if they wish to follow your selection.

I usually finish backing my horse about 5 or so minutes before the off. By the time I type it out it could be 3,2,1 minute to go. This is not to annoy anyone. I just type here when I'm done putting the money on, or nearly finished.

Last bet of the night.

7.50 Wolves, Ya Hayati, around 11/10. Backed to win.... too late to write reasons as said above.

Have a good evening people

anyone know what happened to Ya Hayati there, is it a non runner or what happened ? I don't have access to the tv, i'm mobile....I didn't hear it being mentioned

Yeah non runner, something must have happened really close to the off time.

moron you are a simpleton of the highest. Joined 9 months or so ago and over 2000 posts, there is something wrong with a person like that, you do know that don't you ?

There should be a newbies section in the racing forum for genuine people. You could use it too, you're in denial that you know anything about racing. Stick to the soaps on tv.

When the fun stops Goat.

It is great to see your getting something out of it.

Any more 2/7 fancies for later? I feel like losing my bollox like you do all the time, just to see what it feels like.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    When the fun stops Goat.

It is great to see your getting something out of it.

Any more 2/7 fancies for later? I feel like losing my bollox like you do all the time, just to see what it feels like.

There is no point talking to you. You're so engrossed in them bloody soaps you can't think right. Women watch love island and soaps. I'd rather commit suicide than watch that, but yet you want to give me advice about gamblin ? Have a word with yourself lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

abarkie wrote: »

The online equivalent of the addict in the shop running to the counter just before the off.

I think you're thinking about yourself when you wrote your post lemush. You see, I know people who work and who used to work in bookmakers. You worked in one didn't you ? And the sad fact is, those who work there, and who gamble are the ones who are in trouble. Like a junkie/dealer using his own stash. Again you think because you worked in a bookies you know about the game. I met some of the most idiotic people who used to be behind the counter, but the bookies pay peanuts, so what do they get working for them? You guessed it.

Did you back anything today ? Again like the rest of the sore losers who come here crying you must have lost the jewels.

Move on fella, you only insult gamblers who know what they are talking about when you post your jibberish about the going and rain and whatever else.

Advertisement