Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte hd logo saorview

Options
  • 15-02-2021 10:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

hi,

sky box is on the blink so have switched to saorview (lg tv w/ outdoor aerial)

I get all the channels and radio stations as listed on saorview website but i noticed that rte1 and rte2 do not have HD as part of logo when viewing.

Did they remove the HD logo from saorview or is it the case that my LG tv has just tuned in the standard definition channels and not the HD channels?

[100% they are digital channels]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

There's no HD logo on Saorview, but RTE One and RTE 2 are in HD.
    The +1 channels are SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Saorview only has RTE 1 and RTE 2 in HD, and no HD that I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

"RTE One HD" and "Stay At Home" would be too much on screen. Nice if was a tad smaller and more transparent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Slightly off topic but tonight Virgin One is showing with the HD logo on Saorview, complete with brutal SD picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Slightly off topic but tonight Virgin One is showing with the HD logo on Saorview, complete with brutal SD picture.

They really are useless. Rarely watch thankfully, but they've done this a few times now. Probably only budget for one graphic! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

They have started doing that for the last few weeks on live sporting coverage - six nations and champions league on VM One and Two

The HD logo is permanently on VM Three SD on their TV service (pic attached)

You never see UK SD channels doing it and if it does happen it is very quickly fixed. I don't know if ComReg can do anything about it, but it is clearly done on purpose by Virgin Media

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

They have started doing that for the last few weeks on live sporting coverage - six nations and champions league on VM One and Two

The HD logo is permanently on VM Three SD on their TV service (pic attached)

You never see UK SD channels doing it and if it does happen it is very quickly fixed. I don't know if ComReg can do anything about it, but it is clearly done on purpose by Virgin Media

Maybe report them for false advertising :D

Advertisement