Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zgemma H7s out of the box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I would say yes as if you only had 1 tuner it would be busy on other box so best with multi tuner boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭NewClareman

anyone use client mode?

do i need more than one satellite feed to the master box to watch different satellite channels on master and slave?

You can use one coax cable, with a Unicable LNB and a splitter, according to this post. (I was checking as I am thinking of getting this box.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

ok thanks

can i watch saorview in one room and satellite in another using client mode? (1 of each feed in the master box)

I would imagine so but have not tried it.

ok cool

im about to buy a slave box and have it narrowed down to ZGEMMA h9.2h or Edision OS NINO PRO

which would be better for using as a slave in client mode?

Avoid the zgemma h9 as it has too many issues as others have found.

Zgemma H7S has twin sats and can use saorview and better box.

Dont have that much info on the edision model but its on davetvtrade on youtube

I hear this is a very good better box.
    GiGaBlue UHD Trio 4K UHD 1x DVB-S2X 1x DVB-C/T2

There was a box out with no tuners that could be used as a slave.

https://www.kuul.co.uk/gigablue-hd-x2-h-265-linux-enigma-2-receiver-pick-your-satellite-cable-and-terrestrial-tuners.html

It all depends if you get a multituner and move it to a different location at a later date.

thanks , the main thing is that it has built in wifi that works properly

i dont want to be messing around with usb wifi

i have a h7s which will be master box but h7s dont have built in wifi

So you dont have a lan connection in the room you want the box?

greasepalm wrote: »
    So you dont have a lan connection in the room you want the box?

no

• Advertisement

I have avoided wifi as not the best and try to use hard wired, other option could be homeplugs?

greasepalm wrote: »
    I have avoided wifi as not the best and try to use hard wired, other option could be homeplugs?

i suppose i could try the wifi first, then homeplugs if it doesn't work

you think the Edision™ OS NINO PRO should do what i want?

would you recommend any other? i want to buy it in ireland too and they have them over in freetv

I am using a vu zero with fallback tuner to a gigabue quad as no feeds for sat or cable, not looked at the edison .

Ok looked at the video Edison looks good and has wifi as you want that and checked its supported with images on wos.

ok cool,think ill give the edison a go

thanks for the help

You might have to get a 8gb usb for flashing box.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

anyone know why Channel 5 HD keeps dropping off my channel list, but channel 5 sd remains ?

• Advertisement

Channel 5hd is in the clear and what list is it gone on,
    Does it need to be saved manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

I saved it via Bouquet maker, and it randomly disappears from all lists inc. Freesat/Sky UK, not sure why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭swoofer

Have you set autobouquets(ABM) to update daily and have you said yes to keep all non abm bouquets? What do you mean by bouquet maker?

I have ABM switched off and when required ie if a channel changes frequency just scan it in when required. With sky gone cahnges are few and far between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

I've just set up my Zgemma. I replaced OpenATV with OpenVix and used ABM to create bouquets for Saorview and Sky UK, then used Dreamboxedit to create a single 'All Channels' bouquet (personal preference). I also updated the skin to Slyk Q 1080 (to ease the transition from Sky Q).

Along with my custom All Channels bouquet, I retain the other ABM bouquets..just so we can still have sections for Entertainment, Kids etc. but, if I press EPG, then select a bouquet I always end up in the same bouquet. E.g. there's my custom All Channels bouquet, a Saorview All Channels bouquet, plus a Sky All Channels Bouquet (the latter two created by ABM)...if I select saorview, I end up in Sky All Channels, and the same if I select any other bouquet including my own All Channels. Anyone experience this? Restarting the GUI doesn't help and it is not restricted to the Slyk skin.

Bouquets updates any changes on the main bouquets as you should be installing them on the second page under a specific folder that does not get touched as mentioned above.

• Advertisement

I have same set up as you ie same skin etc. I think you may have made an entry in the configuration that has caused a wobble. And dreamboxedit may have caused a wobble. There are various ways to access.

Try this and see what happens. Select RTE ONe. Press epg and it should open with all Saorview. Now press TV button and bouquets should open on left. Select a bouquet and then a channel. You may have to press ok twice. Now say you have BBC1 press epg and youhave epg for that bouquet.

What happens when you press the Fav button on remote? Also you can press tv button.

This is what I do. While on channel press OK arrow up, then blue button, try that and see what results.

swoofer wrote: »
    I have same set up as you ie same skin etc. I think you may have made an entry in the configuration that has caused a wobble. And dreamboxedit may have caused a wobble. There are various ways to access.

Try this and see what happens. Select RTE ONe. Press epg and it should open with all Saorview. Now press TV button and bouquets should open on left. Select a bouquet and then a channel. You may have to press ok twice. Now say you have BBC1 press epg and youhave epg for that bouquet.

What happens when you press the Fav button on remote? Also you can press tv button.

This is what I do. While on channel press OK arrow up, then blue button, try that and see what results.

I'll try that for sure. My window of opportunity has closed this eve so be tomorrow before I get to experiment.
    Pretty sure I saw this behaviour before using dreamboxedit and before skin change.
    I restarted the box half hr ago (as opposed to restarting the GUI only) and now it's similar behaviour but this time sticking to the Last Scanned listing.

got the Edision OS nino pro today

working sweetly as slave in client mode with h7s as master :)

need a usb terrestrial tuner now for h7s on openvix

anyone used one? any recommendations?

Trying to make it a twin tuner for saorview as i use box to record and view on tv tuner.

I'll try that for sure. My window of opportunity has closed this eve so be tomorrow before I get to experiment.
    Pretty sure I saw this behaviour before using dreamboxedit and before skin change.
    I restarted the box half hr ago (as opposed to restarting the GUI only) and now it's similar behaviour but this time sticking to the Last Scanned listing.

Viewing RTE1, then pressing EPG results in list of channels for my custom All Channels bouquet displayed to the left, not the saorview bouquet.
    Repeating above when viewing a Sky channel does very same.
    Pressing TV button after pressing EPG brings up list of bouquets to left (replacing list of channels). Selecting a random bouquet from this list does bring up that bouquets content and my All Channels bouquet.
    TV button brings up list of bouquets.
    Favs button brings up very same.

Not sure if the above gives you clues as to what the setup is.

What i do if going to a different source i press the button under ok and then press green button to change from 19.2 to saorview as it lists my sats and saorview and select that instead and lands on my list of irish channels maybe its a different way and hardly use my epg button on remote.
    I can check program info for days ahead on that channel just by pressing the red button and up comes my epg as i find it easier to set recordings for many days.

try this, for configuration menu where it says " Always show bouquets" change it to no. Press green to save. And then try.

If that does not work tell me what sequence you want.

try this, for configuration menu where it says " Always show bouquets" change it to no. Press green to save. And then try.

If that does not work tell me what sequence you want.

That option results in the EPG button going straight into what seems to be last scanned channels. Exiting and pressing TV button brings up bouquet list on right but enigma style not Sky style if you get my meaning .. small text, almost like a folder list.

What I would like is to be able to press EPG (or TV, or the OK button, whichever works) and see the list of bouquets to the left, and the EPG for the selected bouquet to the right. Doesn't matter if EPG/TV button brings up the first bouquet every time (because this is set to my custom All Channels bouquet), or the bouquet which was used to browse to the current channel.
    And I'd like to be able to scroll to another bouquet, click OK and see the EPG on right for the channels in that bouquet.

Think I'm describing what we can currently do with SkyQ or pretty close. Ideally, the OK button and left, right, up, down would be all that's needed to select bouquet, see it's EPG, and then select channel. Again this is SkyQish behaviour.

OK I get the idea. I have these boxes so long its purely instinctive and I think better than sky but as always its getting to grips with the remote. You can configure those sky skins to do almost anything, however the end result can be a disaster. Your best bet is to sit in front of TV and get to know the remote. I don't watch a lot of channels so my switching is negligible. To do what you want do as follows. Have epg set to yes for launch. Then when you press epg you will get list of bouquets. However, to get epg for selected bouquet you press OK voila. Its just one more button press. Then when in EPG you can press arrows to go right, left up and down. Some buttons have same functions so only practice will get to know best option. Here are a few I use.

1. On a channel Up arrow opens active bouquet. 2. Info or epg button expand that channel epg so you can set up timers. 3 . When in expanded channel epg Arrow right moves the days, for timers etc.

2. On a channel press arrow right brings up a banner with 2 channels and arrow again moves to progs, used for timers etc. see along bottom of screen.

3. Fav or tv button brigs up bouquets, then as above.

4. I use no. buttons on remote press 1 and OK I go to BBC1 HD, 2 is itv london HD and so on, there may be a slight lag just like sky!! and so on. These are dependendent on first bouquet so I have saorview and sat as first bouquet.

Some buttons have dual function, like OK press once for channel twice and you get , signal details.

The coloured buttons are also configured, red once = epg, red twice = daily epg, and so on you will have to experiment I don't use them very often.

Exit button is your escape option.

Here are a few pics of active epg so you get the idea. The skins are by Kiddac and lots more on another forum.

You can add other bits to that skin but with VIX I would not advise it. It works better with Openatv and setting up is tricky.

• Advertisement

OK I get the idea. I have these boxes so long its purely instinctive and I think better than sky but as always its getting to grips with the remote. You can configure those sky skins to do almost anything, however the end result can be a disaster. Your best bet is to sit in front of TV and get to know the remote. I don't watch a lot of channels so my switching is negligible. To do what you want do as follows. Have epg set to yes for launch. Then when you press epg you will get list of bouquets. However, to get epg for selected bouquet you press OK voila. Its just one more button press. Then when in EPG you can press arrows to go right, left up and down. Some buttons have same functions so only practice will get to know best option.

I haven't read all your post yet but just on the above, this is the behavior I was expecting and almost had, except when I selected a bouquet, instead of that bouquet opening, channels from another bouquet were listed. The same 'other' bouquet each time e.g. think it was the Sky All Channels bouquet when i first posted on the issue. But I'm sure I can sort it by, as you say, sitting down for a while in front of it.

Here are a few I use.
    1. On a channel Up arrow opens active bouquet. 2. Info or epg button expand that channel epg so you can set up timers. 3 . When in expanded channel epg Arrow right moves the days, for timers etc.

2. On a channel press arrow right brings up a banner with 2 channels and arrow again moves to progs, used for timers etc. see along bottom of screen.

3. Fav or tv button brigs up bouquets, then as above.

4. I use no. buttons on remote press 1 and OK I go to BBC1 HD, 2 is itv london HD and so on, there may be a slight lag just like sky!! and so on. These are dependendent on first bouquet so I have saorview and sat as first bouquet.

Some buttons have dual function, like OK press once for channel twice and you get , signal details.

The coloured buttons are also configured, red once = epg, red twice = daily epg, and so on you will have to experiment I don't use them very often.

Exit button is your escape option.

Here are a few pics of active epg so you get the idea. The skins are by Kiddac and lots more on another forum.

You can add other bits to that skin but with VIX I would not advise it. It works better with Openatv and setting up is tricky.

I'll try this out over weekend. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks too to greasepalm for his advice.

Spent some quality time with the zgemma today.

Cleared out all bouquets and epg data to start over.
    New ABM rescan followed by crossepg scan.
    For ABM I created main bouquets for both Saorview and Sky UK inc. section bouquets for Sky minus some sections I didn't want.

Pressing EPG takes me to list of bouquets, much like SkyQ does (see 1.jpg).
    Importantly, selecting a bouquet and then OK, shows the contents of that bouquet and the EPG data (see 2.jpg). So my original issue is now gone whereby no matter what bouquet I selected, the contents of another bouquet was displayed each time.

Moving on. I deleted Last Scanned bouquet and will soon recreate a custom bouquet of my own for All Channels (or at least all the channels we want to browse). Will test EPG button behavior when done to see that it doesn't cause the previous issue to reappear.

Re. button behavior; 1.jpg is the result of pressing EPG button which is what I want. 2.jpg is what I see when clicking OK a desired bouquet, again this is what I want. 3.jpg is what happens when I hit the up arrow while watching a channel.
    Question: is there any way to make the TV button open into the current bouquet and show image 2 (not image 3)? I've tried the TV button, Favs and others but none do this.

have you tried the INFO button?? And I can make it do as want. But not the tv button.

have you tried the INFO button?? And I can make it do as want. But not the tv button.

I tried the INFO button but it brought up channel info AFAIK. But I took that as a hint that the INFO btn behavior could be changed so browsed settings a bit more and now I have INFO bringing up this 4.jpg. Not exactly what I want but getting close.
    If can't the display as per image 2 in previous post, this would be an OK option.
    Not sure what this screen is exactly or where I can edit it (to remove picon at top right, remove progress bar etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

is there anyway to install apps like Netflix and Disney+ on this box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Yes. They'll both run in the Kodi plugin. Just Google it and you'll see an install guide on world of satellite

You have come a long way in a short while. You are keen so your next learning curve is change the image and then all of the skin components will work. I can switch between 4 images and compare. On vix I cant get info to display your 2 jpg but can in Openatv. So to flash openatv to box do this.

1. Go back to default skin, its called Vix-Night HD.

2. Menu, setup Vix, ok.

3. Image manager, yellow and wait. select Openatv, and then ver 6.4, it will download and then you get option to flash, use blue button or OK and now WAIT ... if you have flashed correctly first time you will see 4 slots, Vix is in 1 AND 2,3,4 free. Arrow to slot 2 OK.

4. Your best bet here is to set it up from scratch BUT it may find your existing settings, I cant recall exactly, but say no and do as first time.

5. When its all good to go to plugins and find those skins, for sly q, you need skin component kiddac as well.

Now you have to configure the skin as you want it. This takes time so if you want to watch TV you can go back to the Vix like this is. Hold power button .. a menu appears select Multiboot Image selector , select your image and hey presto its back. Do the same to go back to openatv for further set up.

I don't have Sky Q and only use 1080-r19 on boxes. I use Vix blue Hd myself.

That Q skin does look snazzy and to help you get the best out of it, here is a link to the owner. And it explains setup in detail.

https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/134772-updated-slyk-q-1080-install-faqs/

When you start with OPENATV 6.4 dont forget to set a password, its in network.

You have come a long way in a short while. You are keen so your next learning curve is change the image and then all of the skin components will work. I can switch between 4 images and compare. On vix I cant get info to display your 2 jpg but can in Openatv. So to flash openatv to box do this...
    :
    :

Lol...definitely keen to stabilize everything so I can hand SWMBO the remote knowing it works. There's nothing like the threat of having to take up a support role to make sure this happens.

I'd read up on kiddacs page about support for openvix before I installed his skin, and there was mention of a lack of interest in openvix due to changes I think. So I was wondering when I'd hit limitations or issues. Saw some overlapping text on some obscure screens and had some crashes when I changed some EPG and bouquet settings but other than that it's def. usable.
    The box is in use at the moment so won't add a new image until later, but I'm sure I'll get a chance to add OpenATV in the week ahead. The benefit of not getting everything nailed the first time is that it forces familiarity with the menu and what the options do so that's def. a positive.

Again, thanks for the help. Don't know how you have the time TBH.

Managed to install openatv this eve. Had a bit of time to play with the settings but not managed to get the setup I was aiming for. @swoofer, if not too much trouble could you post a pic of relevant settings?

• Advertisement

There can be an awful lot of settings but try this menu, setup, user interface then button settings, then for info bar select show epg, green save.

Have you done all the tweaks?

back tomorro

There can be an awful lot of settings but try this menu, setup, user interface then button settings, then for info bar select show epg, green save.

Have done all the tweaks?

back tomorro

Yea, that did the trick :-)
    Earlier I had tried modifying all the other btns but none show the option of simply 'epg'. It's either channel list, or bouquets or a different EPG type. Don't know why I didn't try the Info button like you had already mentioned!

Edit: actually, not sure what change I made, but the EPG button now gives me the EPG I wanted to see (as per jpg 2 previously), so does INFO btn. I can revert the INFO button and retest at some point but all-in-all, job done I think.

Spoke too soon. Turned on zgemma to record a kids movie and noticed only partial EPG information on the Sky FTA channels. Thought, maybe I missed something in the crossepg settings. Forced a rescan in-case the scheduled scan hadn't worked (but not sure a missed run would cause data to go missing).

Browsed to the channel I wanted to record from to recheck EPG but at this point things seemed to stall. The activity icon kept spinning and remote became unresponsive. After 5 mins I had to reset box using switch at rear.

On box restart, tried to load EPG and same hang. Another reset.
    This time tried reloading epg.dat. On accessing EPG again, another hang.
    Tried again, this time removing crossepg but box hung during this also. Another reset.

Crossepg might not be the root issue. Could be the skin. Anyone see this kind of behavior before? At this stage I'm thinking of resetting everything and starting from scratch.

give me a moment just back in. OK had aread, I did say tweaking can be tricky and the number of tweaks are endless. Sometimes when you tweak one button it can have a knock on effect elsewhere but going back can be a nightmare. Before you do a re-start can you say the channel you were going to record from?

Something went wrong with the tweaks.

Film4+

Part of the Sky - Movies bouquet as you probably know. Selecting that bouquet showed a partial EPG for both Film4 and Film4+ (all others were empty).

Now, when setting up opentv last night I did choose to save the epg to my USB connected 1TB hard disk (accidentally and had planned to change). When running openvix I saved to a small USB flash drive. Saying that, there was no problem with this yesterday evening.

I guessed film 4 and it was OK. Now the image I am using is almost exactly what you want so I could do is send it to you, you then put it on a usb and flash it to another partition.

But you need to use that openatv image already on box so can you see if this works ie tell me the result.

menu, setup, software management, flash online, and then it should show a a few headings, I am looking for first one, full backup images.

have a go and I can send via dropbox as its 141mb.

You would put it on usb stick and it is zip format you do not unzip. Then you configure the bits proper to you, like usb on mine is cruzer blade, hdd is an ssd. Tuner for soarview is maghera.

Then you could use this as a guide for when you do your own new version on slot 2.

• Advertisement

Thought I'd made a breakthrough there. Removed crossepg, deleted ABM bouquets, uninstalled ABM, reverted to default skin. Rebooted and browsing to channels, partial EPG etc. did not result in the hanging issue.
    Reinstalled plugins again, rescanned and rebooted just to see. Now it is hanging on the reboot. Have debug logs enabled but they haven't been updated in a while and not sure what I'm looking at there. Reset again. After reboot a crash on screen..the crash log shows error: OSError: [Errno 74] Bad message: '/media/usb/timeshift/'
    Later I see: FAT-fs (mmcblk0p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
    And later again I see: EXT4-fs error (device sdb1): htree_dirblock_to_tree:962: inode #275457: comm enigma2: Directory block failed checksum
    All drive related and maybe not relevant, but both drives having issues!

Decent of you to offer your image. I might take you up on that but is there not a settings file that can be sent instead? - could compare settings against my own or use to set up new image.

But you need to use that openatv image already on box so can you see if this works ie tell me the result.
    menu, setup, software management, flash online, and then it should show a a few headings, I am looking for first one, full backup images.

Sorry not sure what you mean exactly. If I hit software management, flash online, I see the list of releases i.e. 6.5 Beta, 6.4 Release, 6.3 Release.
    When I flashed to openatv last night I picked 6.4, and from there p[enatv-6.4-zgemmah7-20210325_usb.zip

Edit 1: just noticed that the 16GB USB drive I have plugged in, has had a change in reference. Previously the path to it was /media/hdd/ and the path to the actual HDD I added afterwards was /media/usb/. This bugged me a little because it was the wrong way around but no big deal. But right now, this has been corrected...maybe the OS sorting it out. But this change would obviously have compromised the paths for epg dat file and others (timeshift, recordings).

OK, if you have a settings file swoofer, I'll gladly take that off you, but if not I'll sort out the paths and see if that brings stability before re-skinning again.

Edit 2: I'm on a roll here. Now openWebif interface isn't working. I'm being tested!

I sent you a pm. You will only makes things worse. Slow down and it will all become clear. If you switch to Vix I have to tell a different way and I have to switch.

I sent you a pm. You will only makes things worse. Slow down and it will all become clear. If you switch to Vix I have to tell a different way and I have to switch.

Responded to pm just there, thanks.
    I've no plan to switch to openvix.. Don't think I mentioned that but I must be confusing you at this stage.
    Mentioned re-skinning above, not reflashing.. maybe that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭lgs 4

How do you turn off the subtitles permanently? They keep reactivating after the EPG update. Running Vix with default OE-A EPG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement