Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ariva 254 and Sky Dish

• 14-02-2021 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I recently picked up an Ariva 254 with the hope of getting Saorview and Freeview channels.

Saorview is fine however Freeview channels are not being picked up. When the dual cables are connected to the LNB connectors in the Sky Box, all is fine but when connected to combobox, it picks nothing up. I tried all the search options in Astra 2 including blind search. Intensity is 12% and quality is 10% but a little confused as the sky box has no issues.

Any ideas or am I missing something simple?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK, there's only one satellite tuner on the 254 so only one cable from LNB will work, connecting the second LNB cable might be the problem. Only the 'LNB in' connector can be used. 'LNB out' is used for connection to another box or TV.

Which Sky box? Q or HD or legacy?

Sky Q LNB only works with a Sky Q box although some of the channels should tune in.

Is there an option for Astra 2E, 2F and 2G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Ten Pin wrote: »
    AFAIK, there's only one satellite tuner on the 254 so only one cable from LNB will work, connecting the second LNB cable might be the problem. Only the 'LNB in' connector can be used. 'LNB out' is used for connection to another box or TV.

Which Sky box? Q or HD or legacy?

Sky Q LNB only works with a Sky Q box although some of the channels should tune in.

Is there an option for Astra 2E, 2F and 2G?

Thanks, will try the single cable. It is a regular Sky HD box - years old. If I remember there is only one Astra 2 satellite option but will double check in the next while

Thanks, will try the single cable. It is a regular Sky HD box - years old. If I remember there is only one Astra 2 satellite option but will double check in the next while

Just checked. Only Astra 2a in the astra 2 range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Might need to update firmware on it, check the current version against the latest version available on Ferguson website

http://ferguson-digital.eu/es/download-3/download-satellite-tv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

Hi all, I recently picked up an Ariva 254 with the hope of getting Saorview and Freeview channels.

Saorview is fine however Freeview channels are not being picked up. When the dual cables are connected to the LNB connectors in the Sky Box, all is fine but when connected to combobox, it picks nothing up. I tried all the search options in Astra 2 including blind search. Intensity is 12% and quality is 10% but a little confused as the sky box has no issues.

Any ideas or am I missing something simple?

You can't get Freeview from a dish. Freeview is a terrestrial service through an aerial, and only if you are within range.

• Advertisement

winston_1 wrote: »
    You can't get Freeview from a dish. Freeview is a terrestrial service through an aerial, and only if you are within range.

Thanks - I confused Freesat with FreeView

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Might need to update firmware on it, check the current version against the latest version available on Ferguson website

http://ferguson-digital.eu/es/download-3/download-satellite-tv/

OK, so only got around to this today. Loaded up the latest firmware 1.32B3 from the Ferguson website and got scanning again. Same results unfortunately - no Freesat results at all.

I am hoping to get up in the attic today to see what way the previous owners wired it up. Main Sky connection in sitting room is working fine. Will check the LNB connectors on the dish to see if anything popped out but doubt it if sitting room connection is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kringemusic

I am in the same boat. Just moved to an apartment and there are 2 coax coming in. Bought ferguson ariva 254 - hoping to get BBC/ITV with it. There is a shared sky dish in the building - going through the motions on the Ariva to no avail. Am I wasting my time? Will update frimware as suggested too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

In many apartment blocks, the management company get Sky to install and maintain it.
    Sky effectively own the dish. They will only connect the satellite feed to your cables if you take out a sub.
    They generally don't disconnect you if you cancel later though.

Contact your management company and they should be able to explain the situation

Advertisement