Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin media Player now on Roku devices

Options
  • 21-12-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Virgin Media Player now on Roku devices

A good addition to Roku with both RTE Player and Virgin media player now available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm surprised it took so long seeing as its been on Now TV sticks for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No official version for android tv os yet though is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

There is too many AD on it. The rte player has about 4 they have 7. I will not watch anything on it. I download them from catch up on sky. They don't have ads, well I'm a celerity did not have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Only app I miss on Roku is Eurosport Player, have everything else, have to watch Eurosport on an xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Hi all

Forgive my 'innocence' but I'm thinking of ditching the Virgin Media TV package (will keep broadband) and utilising a streaming device for TV instead.

Is it possible to get the usual terrestrial TV channels (RTE, TG4, Virgin and BBC 1/2) on the Roku box by downloading their respective player apps to the box?

I understand other channels can be purchased through IPTV apps and others obtained through other methods....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 emanresu123

Anyone know whats going on with VMP getting removed from Roku (gone from the store & removed from installed apps)?

Its still on Now TV sticks.

Happened to me after updating to OS10.

EDIT: Contacted Roku support, got this back :

'Roku’s contract with the channel for the distribution of the channel has expired and at this time the channel has not agreed to a renewal'

Advertisement