Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax carpet washer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

have same one, powerfull, cheap bags and filters, imo bargain as mine was around e135 more than year ago and i don't see any for less than 90 sterlings

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

OP did it come with all the accessories? Is there a tool for washing car upholstery or is it seperate? Seems like a great price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    it comes with a vacuum head and a "wet" head. It also had 1 vacuum dust bag, small bottle of carpet shampoo, a couple of tools for vacuuming (i.e crevice tool, upholstry tool).

I'm planning on using it today to do my sofa - so I assume you could do the car with it. (have a toilet training toddler - hence why I wanted to buy one)

Fran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Just an FYI if you want to use the Vax cleaning solution.. It seems less and less shops (at least in Kildare) are stocking it.. and Woodies only have the limited edition version at €20 a bottle.. :eek:

We have started buying it on Amazon.co.uk, for far cheaper than available in Ireland (5 bottles for £20 etc.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-AAA-Carpet-Cleaning-Solution/dp/B001AIK6NM

(orders of £25 are shipped free to Ireland)..

Might be of use to someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

Hi,

Does this do a good job cleaning carpets and upholstery? If its any use I may take a trip to Harvey Normans.

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

SUNGSAM wrote: »
    Hi,

Does this do a good job cleaning carpets and upholstery? If its any use I may take a trip to Harvey Normans.

Thanks,

Yes... we have had one for years and it works great...

BUT... (imo)

If your carpets are older, once you start cleaning a patch, it will come up a lot cleaner than the rest of the carpet, so you end up doing the rest of the carpet.. and it can be a pain in the backside to get it all cleaned up to the same level.. You would be amazed how much dirt can come out of a carpet that looks clean.

For newer carpets, we wash every 6 months or so and they come up great (just use our standard vacuum in between)..

For €99 its a good deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I Bought this VAX 6131 in Electro City in Carlow for €70 a few months back, Not sure but it must have been a promo price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

A bit OT, but would this be a good option for people with chest issues, or would they be as well/better off getting one of those super-duper Dyson allergy, pet hair yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i was looking at a new vacuum and this may fit the bill.

however, i was always thinking about getting the dyson.

would this be a suitable/better altenative?

it looks quite bulky, would the other half be able to carry it up and down the stairs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

it looks quite bulky, would the other half be able to carry it up and down the stairs ?
    :D:D:D:D

and who said chivalry is dead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

personally i would only use this for minor spills etc, not a hope would i use it for a full carpet and definitely not inside a car. Good price all the same for a wetvac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Went to buy one of these today but the girl in the naas store couldn't tells where I could get replacement bags from or how much they would cost so left it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Advertisement