Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freebie in O Brien's Coffee Shops

• 15-11-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Was walking around Cork city this morning. Had the brekkie in O Brien's on Grand Parade. For the next couple of weeks they are giving a free 'Irish Examiner' with every purchase over €6.

I had a breakfast sambo, coffee, a packet of Hunky Dory's and a newspaper for 6 yo-yo's. Not bad boy...!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never thought I'd see O Brien's Sandwich Bar in the Bargain Alerts forum! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

basquille wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see O Brien's Sandwich Bar in the Bargain Alerts forum! ;)

or The Examiner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Crabzork

The low ebb in a poor run of bargin alerts !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Jesus wept. I purchase my Examiner in UCC for the bargain buster of 0.80cent. Same for Irish Times. When I don't have time to eat at home, I also eat there - €2 for for a bowl of cereal and 2 slices of toast. I bring coffee with me in a flask.
    Total cost including paper: 2.80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

tommy21 wrote: »
    Jesus wept. I purchase my Examiner in UCC for the bargain buster of 0.80cent. Same for Irish Times. When I don't have time to eat at home, I also eat there - €2 for for a bowl of cereal and 2 slices of toast. I bring coffee with me in a flask.
    Total cost including paper: 2.80

We don't all go to UCC.

EDIT: But I see where you're coming from dude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Moral of the thread. 6 bob is a wee bit shteep!

Still the OP did make people aware of a bargain or a little bit less of a rip-off so kudos

That_Guy wrote: »
    We don't all go to UCC.

EDIT: But I see where you're coming from dude.

Ah I know, guess was just flabbergasted at the difference. My student days (or the easy ones anyway) are unfortunately over now, but cheap papers is something I cling to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

normanbond wrote: »
    Was walking around Cork city this morning. Had the brekkie in O Brien's on Grand Parade. For the next couple of weeks they are giving a "free" Irish Examiner with every purchase over €6.

I had a breakfast sambo, coffee, a packet of Hunky Dory's and a newspaper for 6 yo-yo's. Not bad boy...!!:rolleyes:

FYP.

Advertisement