Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Cafes for breakfast

Options
  • 29-07-2020 9:09am

Hey folks,

Is there anywhere good around for breakfast? Looking for somewhere that has a good few options not just different size frys.

Have been in Brooks and that's grand but I don't want to be going to the same place again and again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

lazy cafe on the other side of graigue bridge - if its open these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Coolanowle on Dublin Street is a pleasant place. I can't say I enjoyed the cooked breakfast, but they have other items on the menu.

The cooked breakfast was all organic from their farm. The only problem is that it was a bit tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

The Lazy river is open and I think does the best breakfast in Carlow

Thanks for the suggestions. I've driven past the lazy river a few times and have to admit it doesn't look like much but I'll be sure to try both places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I will be hung for this the lazy river does nothing for me the breakfast I had there were always greasy the pancakes aren't the best either I feel. We go to the irishmans not sure if they are back open yet or teach dolmen is good.

• Advertisement

iano.p wrote: »
    I will be hung for this the lazy river does nothing for me the breakfast I had there were always greasy the pancakes aren't the best either I feel. We go to the irishmans not sure if they are back open yet or teach dolmen is good.

I didn't realise the Irishmans done foods. Up until 2 weeks ago it's actually the only pub I'd been in since I moved down! I could get onboard with breakfast and a pint. I strolled past it the other day and it was still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I didn't realise the Irishmans done foods. Up until 2 weeks ago it's actually the only pub I'd been in since I moved down! I could get onboard with breakfast and a pint. I strolled past it the other day and it was still closed.

Irishmans is 100% back open but subject to the 90/105 Mins. & €9 regulations; unsure re opening times for a breakfast pre/post C19 though but generally open for lunchtime pre C 19.

As for Lazy River I've eaten in there before a few times & while driving past you mightn't be too enamoured I quite liked it inside in terms of comfort but it's been a few years so can't comment on food quality/price etc.

Advertisement