Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Marquez just tweeted that he's back for Portimao. Interesting times.

He's been out for 9/10 months. He didn't race last weekend so I'm wondering what has changed?
    Probably nothing. It's unlikely he wasn't fur last week but is next week.

Either way, can't wait to see him out there and I hope he stays upright and doesn't make things worse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The only thing that's changed is race officials have deemed him fit to race.. I imagine he's kept training hard but race stamina may be difficult. For me it's an added development to an already interesting season, roll on next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

The only thing that's changed is race officials have deemed him fit to race.. I imagine he's kept training hard but race stamina may be difficult. For me it's an added development to an already interesting season, roll on next weekend.

We'll I might be incorrect but I don't think he even tried to enter the first 2 rounds therefore wasn't tested by race officials.

You're right in it adds another aspect to what is already exciting season. Looking forward to next week also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I think it is his own medical team that have declared him fit. He will still has to pass the race doctor’s fitness tests.

I do stand to be corrected though.
    https://twitter.com/HRC_MotoGP/status/1380777715301806081

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Hope he beds himself in slowly , his style of finding the limit by crashing will have to be modified. If he damages the same bones again it could be a career over. Wishing him all the best and exciting to have him back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭Infoanon

So Marc back on Friday, going to make Portimao an exciting weekend.
    Will he be joined by another returnee ?

Rumours abounding that Dovi could return as soon as Friday, Dovi is testing for Aprilla for the next three days and it's becoming increasingly apparent that these tests are preparation for a return with Savadori about to be released by Aprilla.

Top 3 last year in Portimao - Olivera, Miller and Morbidelli will all be hoping for an upturn in their seasons - looking forward to great racing.

The latest from the Dovi camp is that he will do another test for Aprilla next month.

No information on lap times or bike performance has been forthcoming, issues with seating position is the information so far.....read in to that what you like.

In other developments Ducati has confirmed that its preference is to have 6 bikes on the grid again next season. With Avintia leaving at the end of the season that means 2 less Ducatis.
    Avintia spot will be taken by VR46 - all but confirmed - but the word is they are seeking a Yamaha or Suzuki deal.
    Yamahas contract with SRT is up at the end of the season and SRT have indicated that title sponsor Petronas will have a significant say in the decision.
    So it comes down to will Suzuki supply a satellite team be that VR46 or SRT.
    Which brings us back to the two Ducatis - all signs being that Gresini will be taking them over in 2022 as Aprilla will have its own factory team.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Infoanon wrote: »
    Yamahas contract with SRT is up at the end of the season and SRT have indicated that title sponsor Petronas will have a significant say in the decision.
    I can't see Petronas/SRT wanting to leave Yamaha but their relationship is sour since they were forced to take Rossi. I think the Rossi/Petronas relationship is still on egg shells and could end up in a big falling out before the season is done.

Marc has passed the Thursday medical and will attend the riders press conference later this afternoon which I'm sure will look something like this....

EyxTP6iWYAArZ3x?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Shame we won't see Rossi go to WSB. I think he could still compete at that level. Really don't see the point of him in MGp at the minute.

Really don't see the point of him in MGp at the minute.
    What else would he do? He's worth hundred of millions and could be doing anything else he likes but I think he'd just rather be racing. Yamaha are happy to have him because he still sells a hell of a lot of motorcycles. Dorna still want him because he sells a lot of TV subs. I think Rossi still believes he can win a race on any given weekend and as long as he believes that I think he'll be in MotoGP.

ION...
    Marquez slots right back in as if he were never away :)

EzFicbKWUAAt0V1?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement

EzGb_LIWQAUhPpK?format=jpg&name=medium

What's happened to Petronas?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Scotty # wrote: »
    EzGb_LIWQAUhPpK?format=jpg&name=medium

What's happened to Petronas?

There's a full range of front tyres being used too.

Moto gp qualifying was exciting - feel sorry for Bagnia ,yellow flag impossible to see on that corner.

Better news on Jorge Martin following his FP3 crash , fractures to his right hand and ankle,an operation will be required.

Of the other rookies, Luca setting stunning times on a 2 year old Ducati, I noticed the Ducati Corse uniform being worn by some of his team. So much for him moving up to soon

3 manufacturers on the front row , no spoilers except for Marc seemed to be in some discomfort at the end of quali.

A minutes silence will be held at both Portimao and Imola in memory of Fausto Gresini tomorrow, 12.42 Irish time. Fausto was from Imola.

I felt a bit sorry for Romano Fenati in Moto3 as well. He was on a hot lap and came upon a group of 10 or more riders all over the track riding slowly. In qualifying ffs. I'm surprised there wasn't penalties given out.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Speedline wrote: »
    I felt a bit sorry for Romano Fenati in Moto3 as well. He was on a hot lap and came upon a group of 10 or more riders all over the track riding slowly. In qualifying ffs. I'm surprised there wasn't penalties given out.

I never feel sorry for Fenati in any circumstance as he should be blessed he’s allowed to ride a road bike never mind Grand Prix racing.

Faugheen wrote: »
    I never feel sorry for Fenati in any circumstance as he should be blessed he’s allowed to ride a road bike never mind Grand Prix racing.

As far as I'm concerned, he took his medicine. He got thrown out of the Moto2 team. He was given a second (well maybe 3rd) chance, and he has kept his head down and got on with it.

Speedline wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, he took his medicine. He got thrown out of the Moto2 team. He was given a second (well maybe 3rd) chance, and he has kept his head down and got on with it.

Don’t care. His actions kill someone on another day. So you’ll excuse me if a couple of slow riders hampering his hot lap don’t bring out the violins.

Don’t care. His actions kill someone on another day. So you’ll excuse me if a couple of slow riders hampering his hot lap don’t bring out the violins.

Yes you're right. He should have sideswiped him coming out of a bend while looking over at him. Looks like there's no sanctions for that.

Really don't know what your argument is here.

You feel sorry for Fenati, others feel he shouldn't be in that position in the first place. All the whataboutery counts for little when he has shown no regard for the safety of other riders.

Really don't know what your argument is here.

You feel sorry for Fenati, others feel he shouldn't be in that position in the first place. All the whataboutery counts for little when he has shown no regard for the safety of other riders.

Not a bad result there for Fenati today. A steady race for him. Well done to Acosta again.

Roll on Motogp.

• Advertisement

That shot of them appearing over the crest is a thing of beauty.

Jaysus. It’s an eventful one so far.

I was just about to post how impressed I was with Rind’ ride today :eek:

The track must be getting slippery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

cracking race lots of action

What's the crack with Vinales? He was in 21st at one stage. He is like jekyl and Hyde.

Gutted Lowes catapulted out of the race. I was really hoping things were starting to go better for him. Fingers crossed all will be good with him for the rest of the season.

Five different manufacturers in the top 5 in FP1.

Lots of talk of this being Rossi's make it or break it weekend as regards his racing future. Not going well so far!

E0NaKXJXIAUtUkF?format=jpg&name=medium

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1388107440001007616

I’d imagine a VR46 Ducati team would be quite popular. Particularly in Italy.

• Advertisement

VR46 are in talks with Yamaha , confirmed by Lin Jarvis , SRT appear to be favourites to retain Yamaha (which adds another layer to the Rossi competitive clauses in his contract ) but there is also the Rossi/ Yamaha legacy in the mix.
    VR46 are believed to favour Yamaha or Suzuki, Dorna would like a Suzuki satellite team but Suzuki may not have the capacity to supply.
    The VR46 motogp team announcement featured a Yamaha....
    Ducati are talking to VR46 and Gresini - Gresini are said to close to announcing a deal......which would indicate Ducati.
    Which leaves Aprilla. And a VR46 Aprilla is not as crazy as it sounds and just may be the way the cards fall.
    KTM is not an option, a Dani wildcard entry is strongly rumoured btw , while Ikers days at KTM are numbered.

On the track , Zarco's crash at Portimao was caused by an electronics error on the gear shift while Tito is in for the next two races.
    6 manufacturers in the top 8 in Quali 2 , Yamahas looking strong.
    Quali tomorrow will be close , Bagnia looking a good bet for Pole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Will Rossi still be riding next year - or will it be him and Luca for a year in VR46 before he goes full time into management?
    He just doesn't have the pace of the kids at the minute - just can't seem to get to grips with the Yamaha at the minute.

Please don’t jink this. Please don’t jink this. Please don’t jink this.........

But COME ON Jack

**** yeah :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Delighted, added dimension to the competition and exactly the boost he needed..

couldnt of been happier for jack totally deserved it.

arm pump confirmed as the reason for fabio's fall off in pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

just caught up with Moto3 - another banging race. Commentators expecting last lap drama - boy was that an understatement.
    As for McFee - jeez.
    Old news I'm sure but how did Fenati get back into motogp? Did he do some penance on the top of some remote mountain for his sins?

legrand wrote: »
    just caught up with Moto3 - another banging race. Commentators expecting last lap drama - boy was that an understatement.
    As for McFee - jeez.
    Old news I'm sure but how did Fenati get back into motogp? Did he do some penance on the top of some remote mountain for his sins?
    Yeah he got sacked and banned for a while. Somehow he got offered a bike back in Moto3, and to be fair he's kept his head down. I'm not a fan of his, but he's starting to get results lately.

legrand wrote: »
    Old news I'm sure but how did Fenati get back into motogp?
    He was disciplined on numerous occasions for foul conduct, sacked from various teams and AFTER that interfered with another riders brakes at 200KPH. He should never have been allowed near a track again after that, ever!

Not surprising though that he is. Just look at the carry on that goes on week after week in Qualifying. The riders seems to have no regard for the consequences of such dangerous carry on and why would they? The FIM need to start imposing proper penalties before someone is killed.

12th place for the quickest Yamaha this morning!!

Le Mans being shown live on ITV4 this weekend for anyone interested who doesn't have a TV sub.

E1VjxS5XsAUxm26?format=jpg&name=medium

I didn't see the practice, don't know why Jack is 1.5 secs up on everyone. Jack had last minute slicks on what was otherwise a wet practice.

What a qualifying

• Advertisement

I love motorcycle racing :D:eek:

Now we will see the talent shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Jaysus, this going to be interesting !!

I think my heartbeat is even faster than the riders now.

WooooooHooooooo so ****ing happy.
    tenor.gif

I was hoping Vale would have went a bit better with the rain but it wasn’t to be.

what a race. could not be happier for the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

h3000 wrote: »
    I was hoping Vale would have went a bit better with the rain but it wasn’t to be.

I was hoping he would come in for slicks about 10 laps from the end and then pull off a miracle (dreaming of course!) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Wsbk over for another year.

Have to hand it to Kawa, even with the short notice Rev cut they just just have such a handle on every situation and track now.
    The odd race may suit Ducati but you can't envisage Rea finishing outside the top 3/4 ever.

micknail wrote: »
    Wsbk over for another year.

It’s a small bit early for that but the Rea Kawasaki partnership is amazing.

100 superbike wins for Rea. Great achievement

• Advertisement
Advertisement