Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018/2019 Off-Season Thread

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

5 years, $137.5m for DeGrom (maybe it was the .5 that was causing the delay?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

5 years, $137.5m for DeGrom (maybe it was the .5 that was causing the delay?)

Glad it's done. Syndegaard in my view has to prove himself again this year before commanding such $$. Mets are actually looking good on paper for once, intriguing to see 2 rookie 1B make the team who are kind of clones of each other except lefty/righty batting.

Two more days to go before the Mets & Gnats tee it up. Can't wait, hasn't been any interesting NYC sports since, well, like, a long time. Unless you follow the Nets. Oh, and that other baseball team that plays there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Igotadose wrote: »
    Glad it's done. Syndegaard in my view has to prove himself again this year before commanding such $$. Mets are actually looking good on paper for once, intriguing to see 2 rookie 1B make the team who are kind of clones of each other except lefty/righty batting.

Two more days to go before the Mets & Gnats tee it up. Can't wait, hasn't been any interesting NYC sports since, well, like, a long time. Unless you follow the Nets. Oh, and that other baseball team that plays there.

I still the Mets are going to lose out because of their depth. Their 1-4 starters and 1-5/6 in the bullpen are up there with the best but you don’t get through a season with only using your 5 opening day starters and 7 relievers. And from what I’ve watched this Spring, the next pitchers in line are a big drop off.

Likewise in the outfield, after Nimmo and Conforto (and McNeill if you count him as an outfielder), the drop off is significant. So when (and it will be when) someone goes down, I can’t se how they make up the production.

Advertisement