Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan with a toddler

Options
  • 20-10-2016 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Considering a trip to Japan next year, probably March/April time... with a 20mth old.

Has anyone any experience with the practicalities of this? I have read that in Japan young kids should be seen and not heard etc.. Would getting around with a buggy, eating out in restaurants etc.. be an issue?

Any feedback or advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Caybar

A few things, these are Tokyo specific but same should apply for any other major towns/city

March/April is a good time of year, not too hot, not too cold and if you time it right you may be here for cherry blossom season.

Japan is very accessible with a buggy, elevators in almost all subway / train staions altho you may need to wait your turn, same can be said for any shopping centre / public space. Altho in saying that, if you can handle lugging around a 20 mnth old, id reccomend a baby carrier, its handier in general, you will see they are very popular in Japan.

Im not a big fan of Air France in general but they have night time flights to/from Japan, nice to have kid sleep for most of the flight. I would reccomend.

Jetlag with a child is not much fun...

You should look deeper into what you will feed your little one, especially if they are a fussy eater. Restaurants shouldnt be too much of a problem i would say, you wont be turned away as long as its not too high end.

Advertisement